Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

98 WS6 vs LIGHTNING busted by Cops WITH VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow

Wow, you'd have thought I posted this vid on a Ford forum or something! Just thought it was cool I pulled on the Lightning. I wasn't crazy about the location, but round here ya don't roll up next to a vehicle like that very often...And you all make it out to be like I was doing 120 between red lights...that was the last light out of town; no lights after that for miles, just open highway (see how it was noticably dark as I pulled away from the Lightning?)
Old 09-17-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

The kill on the first mustang doesnt count because there is too much traffic. Nobody was killed, but it doesnt seems like the safest spot honestly. I only do that on highway with low traffic, thats me.. Good kill on the Lightning.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

My .02 Is that it wasnt a whipple "L" Way to loud. Whipple and KB are very quiet.

Sounded more like a ported eaton.....
Old 09-17-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

You take your wife with you in the middle of town street racing?? WTF man?!? Seriously. Not only your life but the one you love? Would you do that with your 6 month kid?

Racing in the middle of town on the main street is ******* stupid. I cant even say good kill because you and every single person you raced are down right idiots.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Default whipple/eaton

You could be correct about the Whipple/Eaton situation...I was only going by what the driver told me about the vehicle after the race...
Old 09-17-2009, 10:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

would have been a better race till like 60 in that area but 120, my guess is you werent caught goin 120 which is why he let you go because he couldnt prove with radar that you were exceeding the speed limit. no cop in the world would give you a warning for street racing, having both vehicles pulled over(rare) and doing 120 in a 45mph zone, so i call Bullshit. a citizen probably called 911 and reported it so he didnt see you do it so you got lucky, very lucky, that he cant write you for it if he didnt see it himself.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DJ_Seph
You can run from the police but not the radio.
Sure you can
Old 09-18-2009, 12:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bballr4567
You take your wife with you in the middle of town street racing?? WTF man?!? Seriously. Not only your life but the one you love?
I'm sure he had to twist her arm to get her to do it.

Get off his ***.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

I agree with most of these people that it wasn't the best spot to race, the first or second Stang kill wasn't legit due to traffic, and the video isn't the greatest, but props for posting and taking all of this heat. Some of these people are out of line with the name calling.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by z28mccrory
You are the exact reason that people cant drive these cars without being constantly watched by cops.

Racing through town like that is just plain careless.

All i saw in the first couple races were a couple of short runs then the other person being cut off by traffic. Hardly a "race"

To further ad insult to injury, the comment in the video where you talk about being "noble to stop, considering the vehicles you were in" is also the absolute wrong mentality to have. I guarentee if your dumbass tried to run you would either wreck or be surrounded fasted that you can realize.

Get some common sense man. I've done a lot of street racing, but its always been on back roads. The only thing you will catch me doing through down is a quick 0-40 jaunt for fun. 100+mph through a busy area of town is asking for trouble. I wish the cop would have pulled you out of your car through the window and slammed your face into the pavement while slapping a set of handcuffs on you.
agreed that its stupid to race at those speed sin traffic but thinking that a cop should have that kind of power is fucked up. Any cop that yanks me through a window and slams me on the pavement is gonna have some serious issues afterwards.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by DJ_Seph

You can run from the police but not the radio. Specially since you were in town.
Yeah but the radio cant arrest you
Old 09-18-2009, 03:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SneakySSnake
Yeah but the radio cant arrest you
No, but all it takes is a license plate number to know your address,name, sex, hair color, and preferred choice of color in jail attire. Pink down here in AZ seems to be most popular. ;D

They'll be waiting for you at home.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just wanted to say nice choice on music for the video, All that remains is badass!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:36 AM
TECH Regular

love the 1 car jump you got on the lightning before you hear the whipple start screaming. next lets see the dig and let him know your racing before you hit the gas?
Old 09-18-2009, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
I agree with most of these people that it wasn't the best spot to race, the first or second Stang kill wasn't legit due to traffic, and the video isn't the greatest, but props for posting and taking all of this heat. Some of these people are out of line with the name calling.
You think its perfectly fine to pull this crap in the middle of town??

Sorry, street racing is very stupid if you do it the way he did it.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RekjavicXXX
You could be correct about the Whipple/Eaton situation...I was only going by what the driver told me about the vehicle after the race...
Personally if i had a eaton and got beat i sure wouldnt make it worse by saying i had a whipple.... LOL

People are funny.....
Old 09-18-2009, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Default re:

Sorry for the controversy. I like posting things that people enjoy watching/talking about, not things that start **** and make tempers flare. I'll gladly pull the vid link if it's not a good representation of the folks here on the forum...
Old 09-18-2009, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

We all like a good light race but there has to be some control. You were doing it in a pretty highly trafficked area. What if someone was turning left at some of those intersection because you were pretty far away yet going 70 in a 45? Youve got to think about these things sometimes.

I mean when you have to pass cars to keep the race going that doesnt click something in your head saying that it might be a little extreme?
Old 09-18-2009, 09:54 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by khris99s
My .02 Is that it wasnt a whipple "L" Way to loud. Whipple and KB are very quiet.

Sounded more like a ported eaton.....

My thoughts exactly.

Good kills man but you really need to find a mature place to race, this is the worst I have seen.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Youre not the first and not the last to race in town. Plp over here do it all the time, everyday I see a riced out car doing this in town. But its more young kids with no driving exp trying to prove something. This is why we see those ricer often in the newspaper the next day.

But can we say we never ever did something stupid like this? If you say no, I dont believe you.

Quick Reply: 98 WS6 vs LIGHTNING busted by Cops WITH VIDEO