Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

**VID 440rwhp C6 Z06 vs C6 LS2 150 shot vs pulley/150 shot Cobra**VID**

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 10:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
...My man... Mike and I have told you a billion times hommie..... get some long tubes. It'll REALLY wake the car up across the board.

If you need help installing them hollar.
+1...do it!!

Skip the cats, then get it up here for a tune....did you sign that thing up for the Mile??
Old 09-24-2009, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
i'm almost about to pull the trigger on some used LG's 1.75 primaries for 600 bucks, just the headers only, but i don't know if i should just get a tune done and not get the headers. also, would you recommend taking out the cats?? did you feel your car run better? top end?

i've been looking on lg's website, and i can supposedly hit 500rwhp sae with headers, intake, and a tune.
I would hold out and get the Super Pro's from LG. They have them in a 1 3/4 AND in a 1 7/8 primary. If you want, just get a decent dyno tune know and get as much as 25rwhp out of it. Don't be like me and settle for a peak AFR of 11.8 a/f. You want to be in the mid 12's so keep that in mind.

About the cats... I feel that it is a waste of time. However, you mentioned something quite interesting.... my car never, EVER had a cat-delete. The guy that started all of that **** talking, (albie/ryan saga) was that fat bastard with the viper truck. Basically, i put $1000.00 on the line for him to walk up to my car and find a cat-delete. What do you think he did... back down because he knew it was BS and he got caught in a lie.

So, i wouldn't do it as it is more of a headache then actual performance gains. You want to mod your exhaust.... it's very simple. Extended your primary lengths for torque and better scavenging and if you wish, run a cat-less setup will effectively extend your powerband further up and free up some more peak hp.

What I would do is the LG super Pro (race collectors!!!!) in a 1 3/4 with no cats all going through the factory catback.

Quick Reply: **VID 440rwhp C6 Z06 vs C6 LS2 150 shot vs pulley/150 shot Cobra**VID**