Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Wow are 09 Mustang GT's slow

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 01:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O hey did I mention it ran .5 quicker? Not that matters to you guys, its not facts or anything. Or a fact that a 2010 Mustang GT hasn't gotten into the 12s bone stock and a Camaro has...

Whatever though! Enjoy what little ricer arguments you can come up with.

O and if you want to compare the 2010 Mustang GT base vs the Camaro SS base, yes it has it beat in the money department, but its slalom is reduced another 2mph and the skipad is reduced to .90 PER FORD. So that leaves the Mustang with what? Jack and ****.

This is with the track pack as tested by Motortrend:

The Mustang has better lateral acceleration compared to the Camaro (95 vs 90), but the Camaro has a faster slalom time (67.2 mph vs 65.2) and the Camaro has better braking despite the weight disadvantage (108 vs 107 ft). 0-60 times go to the Camaro by .3 seconds, (4.6 vs 4.9), and the Camaro pulls way ahead of the Mustang at the quarter mile mark(13.0-13.5).

Last edited by Fatbum; 10-09-2009 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbum
The part about safety might not be true, but I was going off standard safety equipment and not the ratings. Like certain airbags the Mustang doesn't have. My bad if that was wrong. BUT,

This is all true...

and has a shittier warranty. The Camaro is even cheaper. True

Mustang GTs can't break into the 12s bone stock either. It barely outhandled the Camaro but that should be expected with that weight. True

The car also gets shittier gas mileage and has a smaller tank. The gearing ratio is better for the track and reflects that. It also weighs over 300lbs less. It better ******* handle better. True

I mean really? conjecture?

Biased? It's a better platform...period.
I was more referring to some of the comments about the Challenger being a piece of **** and some of the comments about Mustangs. I am not a huge fan of Mustangs or Challengers but I wouldn't go so far as calling them pieces of ****. Maybe I should of clarified that better. The Camaro outperforms them both in most areas. The cheaper part compares sticker price, I haven't found one in my area near that so that will depend on where you live.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lemons12
The OP is full of his self... I vote BAN!

Must be nice to actually have people race you.
HEY!

Don't ban me. I have no where else to go.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

O hey did I mention it ran .5 quicker? Not that matters to you guys, its not facts or anything. Or a fact that a 2010 Mustang GT hasn't gotten into the 12s bone stock and a Camaro has...

Whatever though! Enjoy what little ricer arguments you can come up with.

O and if you want to compare the 2010 Mustang GT base vs the Camaro SS base, yes it has it beat in the money department, but its slalom is reduced another 2mph and the skipad is reduced to .90 PER FORD. So that leaves the Mustang with what? Jack and ****.

This is with the track pack as tested by Motortrend:

The Mustang has better lateral acceleration compared to the Camaro (95 vs 90), but the Camaro has a faster slalom time (67.2 mph vs 65.2) and the Camaro has better braking despite the weight disadvantage (108 vs 107 ft). 0-60 times go to the Camaro by .3 seconds, (4.6 vs 4.9), and the Camaro pulls way ahead of the Mustang at the quarter mile mark(13.0-13.5).
Who gives a ****? You own a family car that isn't made anymore and the company that made it is no longer around either. and stfu
Old 10-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Who gives a ****? You own a family car that isn't made anymore and the company that made it is no longer around either. and stfu
Actually the company that made it is still around, Holden. It's not a family car either. Coming from a guy who has a POS 95 GT I don't think you have much room to talk. Your car is a slow POS. Slow stock, slow with full bolt ons, slow cammed. The fact you are talking about a 2010 Mustang being slow is bewildering. A ******* eclipse gt would burn your car. So please, go cry some more.

The Manalashi: I don't like challengers because I think their ugly. I think they are slow for what you pay for, their braking is horrible, they look like they have a lift kit, the don't handle. I think the inside looks decent, but that's about it.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jay, leave this open for a bit please...

Stopsign's response in 3, 2, 1...
Old 10-09-2009, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HEY!

Don't ban me. I have no where else to go.

You know we wouldn't do that.. We like you over here!
Old 10-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
Jay, leave this open for a bit please...
X2 especially since the one epic thread is closed, we need something to keep us entertained in the SRK section.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Actually the company that made it is still around, Holden. It's not a family car either. Coming from a guy who has a POS 95 GT I don't think you have much room to talk. Your car is a slow POS. Slow stock, slow with full bolt ons, slow cammed. The fact you are talking about a 2010 Mustang being slow is bewildering. A ******* eclipse gt would burn your car. So please, go cry some more.
Is that a fact? Here is the dyno sheet of my slow 95 GT. Oh yea, and this is N/A too.

This car on the STOCK SHORTBLOCK went 11.4@121mph with a stock T5 and a Ford Racing King Cobra clutch. Call bullshit on me, I'd love to take a pic of the time slip with a little note next to it for you. Oh and this was on 17" wheels too with 275 MTs.

Since my car is such a slow piece of **** lets hear alittle about your car. I made 456rwhp out of a little 5.0 with an off the shelf cam. So surely your bigger motor with a custom cam makes what....600rwhp? Please teach me some stuff.

I didn't care to get this personal but obviously your *** is still alittle raw from finding out that the company that made your car is gone. So you took my little poke too seriously. And what the hell are you talking about Pontiac didn't make your car. Holden made it? Did you go buy your car at a Holden dealership? Idiot.

Point is some props were given to the 2010 Mustang and you started your bitch fit on and on and on about how the 2010 Camaro was soooo much better. Why don't you compare the 2010 Mustang to the 2010 GTO? OHHHHHHHH, so thats why your a little female. There is no GTO anymore. OOPs! Get a set of ***** and stop bitching about the new Mustang. If you don't like it, don't buy one. I'm sure no one would give a flying **** just like no one cares that you don't like it. So if you feel like you want to bitch more please take it to another thread and stop bringing your wet tampons in mine.

(Jay if anything I said was over the top feel free to edit it or close the thread when you need to. I don't have the time this weekend to go back and forth with a pissing match with this clown.)

Last edited by Stopsign32v; 10-09-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

Is that a fact? Here is the dyno sheet of my slow 95 GT. Oh yea, and this is N/A too.

This car on the STOCK SHORTBLOCK went 11.4@121mph with a stock T5 and a Ford Racing King Cobra clutch. Call bullshit on me, I'd love to take a pic of the time slip with a little note next to it for you. Oh and this was on 17" wheels too with 275 MTs.

Since my car is such a slow piece of **** lets hear alittle about your car. I made 456rwhp out of a little 5.0 with an off the shelf cam. So surely your bigger motor with a custom cam makes what....600rwhp? Please teach me some stuff.

I didn't care to get this personal but obviously your *** is still alittle raw from finding out that the company that made your car is gone. So you took my little poke too seriously. And what the hell are you talking about Pontiac didn't make your car. Holden made it? Did you go buy your car at a Holden dealership? Idiot.

Point is some props were given to the 2010 Mustang and you started your bitch fit on and on and on about how the 2010 Camaro was soooo much better. Why don't you compare the 2010 Mustang to the 2010 GTO? OHHHHHHHH, so thats why your a little female. There is no GTO anymore. OOPs! Get a set of ***** and stop bitching about the new Mustang. If you don't like it, don't buy one. I'm sure no one would give a flying **** just like no one cares that you don't like it. So if you feel like you want to bitch more please take it to another thread and stop bringing your wet tampons in mine.

(Jay if anything I said was over the top feel free to edit it or close the thread when you need to. I don't have the time this weekend to go back and forth with a pissing match with this clown.)
Don't get out the fast car K LOL
Old 10-09-2009, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

331 or 347.... ?
Old 10-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

The GTO was replaced by the G8 GT then the GXP was added. You want to run a 2010 Mustang GT against one of those 4 door beasts?? Didnt think so- and judging from the runs I've had against both the new SS camaro's (auto and stick) and 1 brand new GXP I raced I gotta give the GXP the edge: better gearing or something else, but it pulled stronger- and had a magnetic dealer plate stuck to the back with what I assume was a salesman in the passenger seat.

Family car... please... I guess the M series BMW's are family cars too? Quick: pick which is more likely to have a baby seat in it on its way to WalMart: a Mustang GT or a GTO? Thats what I thought.
...This car on the STOCK SHORTBLOCK went 11.4@121mph with a stock T5 and a Ford Racing King Cobra clutch. Call bullshit on me, I'd love to take a pic of the time slip with a little note next to it for you. Oh and this was on 17" wheels too with 275 MTs.

IF you managed to get that kinda rwhp out of a 5.0 thats pretty damn impressive: my experience is a 5.0 with all the SVT kit (head, cam, intake, headers, etc.) puts them in the 325-340rwhp range. IF you got another 115rwhp out of yours its a friggin Ford miracle with only spinning a bit over 6k. Personally I'm betting you have a 346 kit... BTW you DO realize this is a GM LS vehicle board and that bashing on LS equiped vehicles in a forum dedicated to those vehicles is not only stupid but could (and should) lead to a ban? We dont go into a Ford forum and bash your cars like this and not expect retaliation.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

little 331cid
Old 10-09-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
BTW you DO realize this is a GM LS vehicle board and that bashing on LS equiped vehicles in a forum dedicated to those vehicles is not only stupid but could (and should) lead to a ban? We dont go into a Ford forum and bash your cars like this and not expect retaliation.
little 331cid
Actually.. There are probably more people in this thread on Stopsigns side than yours.. Sorry.

Stopsign, you playing COD4 with me tonight?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

little 331cid
Well those are really good number's outta your 331... My bud's 347 didnt make much more than that. Nice car the mach rims look good btw
Old 10-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lemons12
Actually.. There are probably more people in this thread on Stopsigns side than yours.. Sorry.

Stopsign, you playing COD4 with me tonight?
Yea, I'll put it in in a second. We gonna kick some more ***.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GatorFan08
Well those are really good number's outta your 331... My bud's 347 didnt make much more than that. Nice car the mach rims look good btw
Thanks for the complements. Those actually aren't my wheels. They are my g/f's Mach 1 wheels. She had my black 03 Cobra wheels on her car because I had just taken her car to the track and I wanted to run drag radials. Was just too lazy to change the wheels back before I went to the dyno. lol IMO my car looks MUCH better with the black 03 Cobra wheels. But if you aren't a fan of black wheels.... But anyways, yea the 331 does ok. Really wish I had just gone ahead with my 351W build instead of wasting time and money on the 302 block.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

On the 360? I'll text you my gamertag. add me ****** and I'll play later
Old 10-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Ohhhh hell yea! Txt me your tag.

Pony is gonna feel left out
Old 10-09-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Ohhhh hell yea! Txt me your tag.

Pony is gonna feel left out
lemonz12 is mine..

Does pony have a 360?

I'm watching a movie on netflix right now but I will be on after that.

Quick Reply: Wow are 09 Mustang GT's slow