Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Wow are 09 Mustang GT's slow

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009 | 06:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Just gotta know what you are doing. I'm putting a very mild cam in the car now (should sound close to a stock 5.0) and I'm shooting for 400-420rwhp. Its all in the combo man.

If he wants to get serious have him PM me or you can PM me and I'll get it to where he can make some power out of that thing.
ill give you a PM once i get his full setup. he just bought a 5.0 fox for his DD and he wants to crank some serious power out of his 95GT. and i made a typo earlier, his is a 306 i believe, not a 347.
Old 10-14-2009 | 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Did I send you a friend request? I don't remember lol

I was playing with Stopsign and a few of his friends earlier. Hardcore S&D is fun
Yea, I got ya... I don't care what I play as long as it is hardcore!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
**** gay man

Once we got off that crap and back to regular I walked on past you on the board.
You are getting better at Hardcore though.. Broke even earlier.. .Much better than negative!

Originally Posted by WSsick
kidding about that respect thing, but that site def blowsss.

regular is the ****. i was in the top 10,000 for a while, then my xbox shat on me. if you want A LOT of easy kills, nothing beats a good team playing HQ

Yes it does.. I'm no where near that good but I'm decent.. And yes TOOOONS of kills on HQ!
Old 10-14-2009 | 06:55 PM
12 Second Club

dont feel bad, i used to play with a sponsored guy [that swore evos were the fastest thing EVER, had a X when they first came out] and he would REGULARLY go 70-5 type scores on ground war. hed break 80 a good amount, and even a few 100 games. his life was cod4, but so was his job
Old 10-14-2009 | 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lemons12
Yea, I got ya... I don't care what I play as long as it is hardcore!

You are getting better at Hardcore though.. Broke even earlier.. .Much better than negative!

Yes it does.. I'm no where near that good but I'm decent.. And yes TOOOONS of kills on HQ!
Cool deal.

When I played with him I went 8-15 and he went 6-15 and was FURIOUS
Old 10-14-2009 | 08:15 PM
On The Tree

You guys need to play Gears of War 1. COD4 is bollocks. "I'm gonna hide in this here corner and snipe you from 8000 yards away as you try to play the game like a man." Nonsense.
Old 10-14-2009 | 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
You guys need to play Gears of War 1. COD4 is bollocks. "I'm gonna hide in this here corner and snipe you from 8000 yards away as you try to play the game like a man." Nonsense.
I've tried GoW 1 and 2 online but I couldn't really get into either. The campaigns are fun though
Old 10-14-2009 | 08:25 PM
On The Tree

I've tried GoW 1 and 2 online but I couldn't really get into either. The campaigns are fun though
I hate 2. Too much fagtastic bullshit ruins it... like putting nades on walls/ground and smoke grenades stunning people. Both Gears games tend to be laggy, but in 2 you can't really recognize it. In 1 you can see the delay and adjust for it.

Part of the problem is that Gears is not for the casual gamer. In COD4 you can play once in a while and luck your way to a few kills every match. In Gears, unless you dedicate some serious time to getting decent, you get steamrolled every time. This turns most people off from the game. I only got addicted to Gears 1 because it was the first game I tried to play online other than Top Spin 2. I was content with sucking ***.. mostly because everyone else sucked at the time as well.

I suck at COD4. I'm too aggressive.. one or two shots from a decent range and you're done. I can't handle that stuff. I'm used to being able to react and take cover.. not death on sight. I'm gonna give COD MW2 a go though and see if I can get respectable enough to not get raped every round. Everyone plays COD4.. not so much with Gears.
Old 10-14-2009 | 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

I hate 2. Too much fagtastic bullshit ruins it... like putting nades on walls/ground and smoke grenades stunning people. Both Gears games tend to be laggy, but in 2 you can't really recognize it. In 1 you can see the delay and adjust for it.

Part of the problem is that Gears is not for the casual gamer. In COD4 you can play once in a while and luck your way to a few kills every match. In Gears, unless you dedicate some serious time to getting decent, you get steamrolled every time. This turns most people off from the game. I only got addicted to Gears 1 because it was the first game I tried to play online other than Top Spin 2. I was content with sucking ***.. mostly because everyone else sucked at the time as well.

I suck at COD4. I'm too aggressive.. one or two shots from a decent range and you're done. I can't handle that stuff. I'm used to being able to react and take cover.. not death on sight. I'm gonna give COD MW2 a go though and see if I can get respectable enough to not get raped every round. Everyone plays COD4.. not so much with Gears.
**** man next time you're on hit me up and I'll work with ya on COD. It does have a different learning curve online than the campaign but the best way to get good is to learn the maps and learn how people react to different things and how to flush them out.
Old 10-14-2009 | 08:37 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

The **** is it with you guys signing up and telling me to "calm down".. I'm perfectly calm, you don't know me and obviously don't know how I word posts.
You are right.. I am trying to get in with an Exadmin and an Exmod because they can pull sooooo many strings for me around here.......

I happen to play COD4 with sarge and me and Unit get along pretty good with some stabs here and there, hardly call it riding serious pipe.

Big Hammer I replied to one of your o so amazing threads on ls1.com.

Hardcore or

i tell you to settle down and you resort to cyber stalking? oh little buddy for shame....
Old 10-14-2009 | 08:38 PM
On The Tree

**** man next time you're on hit me up and I'll work with ya on COD. It does have a different learning curve online than the campaign but the best way to get good is to learn the maps and learn how people react to different things and how to flush them out.
I'm on Xbox all the time. Im on now.. I leave **** paused and leave my 360 on for days at a time. Could be why Im on my third one at Microsoft's expense Tomorrow night I will hop on for a bit.
Old 10-14-2009 | 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

I'm on Xbox all the time. Im on now.. I leave **** paused and leave my 360 on for days at a time. Could be why Im on my third one at Microsoft's expense Tomorrow night I will hop on for a bit.
LOL I noticed that every time I got on you were online as well but always set to away. I thought to myself DAMN he's got to go through these things every other week.
Old 10-14-2009 | 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Gears is LAME!!!! I use to play Gears 1 online.. It was awesome until I learned how to correctly play COD. Gears is WAAAAAAAAY too slow paced for me, especially 2.

Not everyone hides and snipes. People who do that usually don't get very many kills (depending on the board). The people that are truly good will get 2-3 kills in one spot and then reposition their self. If you kill somebody twice (some even once) they WILL come back to look for you there.

I actually believe the opposite..

I have played both.. Gears I was VERY good at.. COD4 I am decent, I have my good matches (20+/5-) and I have my bad matches (Break even or barely better, usually never negative). My K/D ratio is 1.1 or something close to it.

It takes MUCH more skill to play well in COD.. Especially in HC mode. Unless you spend the time and understand some of the moves and what not, such as sarge was saying, you don't get it I guess... I didn't.

I would DEFINITELY start playing COD4 now before MW2 comes out. Will be totally different but you will get a major feel for it.. If you are use to the slow pace of Gears you will BLOW *****.

I would be down for showing you a few things too.. IE. spots and times to throw grenades, where to plant claymores, good classes, etc etc etc..

Originally Posted by big hammer
i tell you to settle down and you resort to cyber stalking? oh little buddy for shame....
Shut the **** up when the grown ups are speaking, I will allow you to come play later, maybe.
Old 10-14-2009 | 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Shut the **** up when the grown ups are speaking, I will allow you to come play later, maybe.
Quit being an ***.
Old 10-15-2009 | 12:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Quit being an ***.
Hey! You don't tell him what to do!
Old 10-15-2009 | 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Gears I was VERY good at..
Come roll with me for a bit then. I could always use reliable teammates. All the people I used to play with have moved on to other things. I'm a ******* tank in Gears 1. I'm average at best in other games.

And my comment about amateurs being somewhat valuable in COD4 is just my observation. The people I introduce to Gears 1 get overwhelmed. I sucked at COD4 and still managed a few kills here and there just from the one shot death nature of the game.
Old 10-15-2009 | 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

i think he was talking to me, and the rest of us talking about playing cod4. im pretty sure sarge is an old fart and he plays cod4. **** i played with a 65 year old guy that whooped *** before.
I've been playing computer based FPS games since '98. Medal of Honor series and Call Of Duty series the last 5 years (and Company of Heroes, Starcraft, Warcraft, couple other strategy games, too). EVERY age group has its gamers. Though when they get older and more serious about it, we buy a computer and do graphics right.
i didnt play hardcore too much, just because everytime i did it was either:
A. a campfest
B. some 7 year old **** team killed everyone
C. mix of both

i can play hardcore, but i like normal better. i used to play with a few guys from here in a semi-clan, just a bunch of us kicking ***. i like to talk **** just to draw people in. i played at my friends house a few weeks ago [normal TD] for the first time since feb and i avg'd about 25-8. decent, but not all that hot. like i said though, gotta get in shape before MW2, cuz im getting it at midnight that night.
'Computer Up' and come on over to http://www.thedevastation.com/ : we are currently looking for guys (over 18) who are into the COD series. A bunch of my COD4 and WAW friends are currently deployed so we are depleted. Got from 4 to 8 professional grade servers (as needed): our own ventrillo: no fees since its donation based and our clan leader Plasma (best all around player I've ever played with, period.)
Old 10-15-2009 | 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Isn't there a place called Racer's Lounge or something like that for this type of ****? Why is this crap being posted in the SRK section? Do you guys know what 'Private Messaging' is and how to use it? LOL
Old 10-15-2009 | 09:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLWNV10
Isn't there a place called Racer's Lounge or something like that for this type of ****? Why is this crap being posted in the SRK section? Do you guys know what 'Private Messaging' is and how to use it? LOL
Do you ever shut the **** up?
Old 10-15-2009 | 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Demon (mom 1) and Blownv10 (mom 2) seem to be on a power trip lately.
Their only friends are eachother, so they don't get involved in social activities very much.

They have something called "lives". I wonder what that is...

Old 10-15-2009 | 12:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLWNV10
WTF is private message? Is there a Youtube video demonstrating it? Maybe you could come over my house and show me.. then we could play video games together.

Quick Reply: Wow are 09 Mustang GT's slow