Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*Another vid* C6 Z06 vs GTR with HKS-570 kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvee
Porsche called BS on Nissan's GTR claims at the Nurburing. They bought a GTR and tested it and their 7:54 time is more consistent with earlier GTR runs. This places the GTR slower than a "stock" C6Z06 run at 7:429 on OEM rubber. See the following link:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10809306...record-lap-run

More consistent with earlier GTR runs? LOL WTF? The GTR has posted amazingly fastest times on around a dozen tracks already. Sport Auto which is the most respected source in Nurburgring times drove the GTR to a 7:38 around the Nurburgring...ironically thats the first time Nissan recorded themselves before going back a year later to best their previous time. Sport Auto ran a 7:49 in the Z06.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_auto_(Germany)
Old 11-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by big hammer
source?
http://www.insideline.com/nissan/gt-...g-lessons.html
and nissan can make all sorts of baseless claims by setting up "stands" with tires on them.
Nissan hasnt hid anything. They show off the actual car that ran the ring time as it was the day it ran, they display the actual tires that set the fastest lap, they've videoed the entire run and displayed it for all to see, they even described their testing procedures in detail. No other manufacturer has ever gone to such great lengths to justify their legitimacy on the Nurburgring, yet anti GTR fanboys still want to say Nissan cheated lol. Look at other tracks the GTR has been tested on, it beats the Z06 and 911s over every track they've been compared on.
the gt-r was supposed to be the new be all end all to cars. lets see what it has done so far.. hmmm... nothing!
No it wasnt. The GTR was supposed to bring back the GTR and this time go global. It was supposed to further put Nissan on the global map of performance oriented automakers. It was supposed to show Nissan was capable of delivering world class performance for a fraction of the cost of other makers. And its done all of that plus some.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedBeauty84ZX
More consistent with earlier GTR runs? LOL WTF? The GTR has posted amazingly fastest times on around a dozen tracks already. Sport Auto which is the most respected source in Nurburgring times drove the GTR to a 7:38 around the Nurburgring...ironically thats the first time Nissan recorded themselves before going back a year later to best their previous time. Sport Auto ran a 7:49 in the Z06.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_auto_(Germany)
My point is the previous GTR runs are more consistent with the results experienced by the Porsche engineers. The GTR times improved with different (non-OEM tires). The Z06 has a serious handicap with its GY runflats. However, GM did not make another run with different tires. The times claimed are not official anyway. They are manufacturer claims. Where are these "dozen tracks" the GTR has posted amazingly fast times?

Last edited by Corvee; 11-14-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Look at other tracks the GTR has been tested on, it beats the Z06 and 911s over every track they've been compared on.]

Where are these tracks? Independent back to back testing?

[It was supposed to show Nissan was capable of delivering world class performance for a fraction of the cost of other makers
Fraction of the cost of what - a Porsche 911? Price a stock GTR compared to a Z06. Now go and make all the mods you want to it and the stock Z06 will respectfully hang with the GTR on the strip or track, and for far less money.

Last edited by Corvee; 11-14-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Launching!

My point is the previous GTR runs are more consistent with the results experienced by the Porsche engineers.
What previous GTR runs? LoL...the Porsche engineers achieved a slowest time anyone has ever recorded in a GTR around the Nurburgring...even individual owners have posted faster lap times then Porsche claimed.
The GTR times improved with different (non-OEM tires).
LoL No. The First GTR Nurburgring time Nissan released was the 7:38 time back in late 2007 using the factory Bridgestone run flat tires. Then in April of 2008 Nissan switched to the optional factory Dunlop runflats and achieved a 7:29 around the ring. A year later on April 23 2009 Nissan finally achieved their best time of 7:26.7, again on factory Dunlop runflat tires that Nissan has proudly shown off around the world. The rumors that Nissan cheated and used non OEM tires are false and have zero evidence to support them. Its all hearsay lol...
The Z06 has a serious handicap with its GY runflats. However, GM did not make another run with different tires. The times claimed are not official anyway. They are manufacturer claims.
GM seems to think their times are official, and they used factory runflats just like Nissan did. Now I doubt they spent nearly as much time as Nissan did at the ring to improve their time and i'm sure GM could of knocked off at least a couple seconds if they spent as much time as Nissan has track testing. But its not as fast around a track as a GTR and this has been proven time and time again. Sport Autos 7:49 time is official and its some 11 seconds slower then their GTR time using the same standardized testing.

Where are these "dozen tracks" the GTR has posted amazingly fast times?
Buttonwillow- back to back same day testing by R&T:
Z06-2:01
GTR-156.9
^ The GTR remains the 2nd fastest production car around Buttonwillow with the ACR Viper beating it out for 1st by 1.2 seconds.

Vairano Handling Course in Italy- Same driver:
Z06- 1:19.523
GTR- 1:17.600

Bedford Autodrome West Circuit- back to back same day testing by EVO mag:
Z06- 1:24.45
GTR- 1:21.7

Twin Ring Motegi:
Z06- 2:12.639
GTR- 2:07:600
^ The GTR remains the fastest produciton car ever to run around the track.

Tsukuba:
Z06- 1:04.551
GTR- 1:01.94
^ The R35 GTR remains the 3rd fastest production car around the track with the R34 Z Tune GTR still holding the fastest time. The Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera beat the GTR out for 2nd by .4 seconds.

Top Gear Track:Same driver:
Z06- 1:22.4
GTR- 1:19.7

Willow Springs: Same day, same driver, R&T tested:
Z06: 1:32.06
GTR- 1:31.23
^ The GTR remains the 2nd fastest production car around Willow Springs with the ACR Viper beating it out for 1st by 1.9 seconds.

Auto Club Speedway: Same driver, R&T tested:
Z06: 55.08
GTR: 51.85
^ The GTR remains the 2nd fastest production car around Auto Club Speedway only being beaten by the Porsche GT2 by less then .9 seconds.

Laguna Seca: Edmunds/Motortrend tested:
Z06:1:40.9
GTR:1:39.62

.....and on and on...in fact let me make this easier:

That was taken from www.fastestlaps.com 's data base. The GTR has beaten the Z06 on EVERY track they've ever ran together on....its rediculous to think Nissan cheated on the Nurburgring when the cars lap times from many different tracks and many different cars and many different reviewers all show the same thing. The car is FAST.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Launching!

Fraction of the cost of what - a Porsche 911? Price a stock GTR compared to a Z06. Now go and make all the mods you want to it and the stock Z06 will respectfully hang with the GTR on the strip or track, and for far less money.
You are delusional...why dont you spend some time on the GTR forums and see what kind of performance these cars are capable of with just simple modifications...
Old 11-14-2009, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How about a tune exhaust.... it will easily clear a z06 by Several tenths...

I love the z06 as much as anyone Not in this thread. Its a SICK car. But to act like....

HHAHAHAHA FOO CHECK THAT Stock z0 kill THAT SILLY IMPORT !!!!!

is silly. The gtr is a nasty fast car. We will all drive we want/afford. I doubt many here would take a gtr over a z06. But how many of you wouldnt swap your fbody or c5 for one?

Z06>gtr I agree but i dont agree with all the retarded bashing of a Fast car.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Launching!

Just to show how fast the GTR is with just basic mods heres a time someone posted yesterday on the GTR forums.

93 octane, factory runflat tires

Downpipes, midpipe, stock catback

Custom tuned Cobb AP

That's it. Nothing else

10.6@130MPH
^ You wont see A Z06 running 10.6s on stock tires with only a tune and half an exhaust.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is a weak arguement. you could take a cobalt ss and spent the 50k difference b/w it and a z06 and murder the z06 at nearly everything. heck you could take a g8 sedan drop the price difference b/w it and a z06 and beat the z06 anywhere. that is such a pathetic argument its painful.

What previous GTR runs? LoL...the Porsche engineers achieved a slowest time anyone has ever recorded in a GTR around the Nurburgring...even individual owners have posted faster lap times then Porsche claimed.

LoL No. The First GTR Nurburgring time Nissan released was the 7:38 time back in late 2007 using the factory Bridgestone run flat tires. Then in April of 2008 Nissan switched to the optional factory Dunlop runflats and achieved a 7:29 around the ring. A year later on April 23 2009 Nissan finally achieved their best time of 7:26.7, again on factory Dunlop runflat tires that Nissan has proudly shown off around the world. The rumors that Nissan cheated and used non OEM tires are false and have zero evidence to support them. Its all hearsay lol...

GM seems to think their times are official, and they used factory runflats just like Nissan did. Now I doubt they spent nearly as much time as Nissan did at the ring to improve their time and i'm sure GM could of knocked off at least a couple seconds if they spent as much time as Nissan has track testing. But its not as fast around a track as a GTR and this has been proven time and time again. Sport Autos 7:49 time is official and its some 11 seconds slower then their GTR time using the same standardized testing.

Buttonwillow- back to back same day testing by R&T:
Z06-2:01
GTR-156.9
^ The GTR remains the 2nd fastest production car around Buttonwillow with the ACR Viper beating it out for 1st by 1.2 seconds.

Vairano Handling Course in Italy- Same driver:
Z06- 1:19.523
GTR- 1:17.600

Bedford Autodrome West Circuit- back to back same day testing by EVO mag:
Z06- 1:24.45
GTR- 1:21.7

Twin Ring Motegi:
Z06- 2:12.639
GTR- 2:07:600
^ The GTR remains the fastest produciton car ever to run around the track.

Tsukuba:
Z06- 1:04.551
GTR- 1:01.94
^ The R35 GTR remains the 3rd fastest production car around the track with the R34 Z Tune GTR still holding the fastest time. The Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera beat the GTR out for 2nd by .4 seconds.

Top Gear Track:Same driver:
Z06- 1:22.4
GTR- 1:19.7

Willow Springs: Same day, same driver, R&T tested:
Z06: 1:32.06
GTR- 1:31.23
^ The GTR remains the 2nd fastest production car around Willow Springs with the ACR Viper beating it out for 1st by 1.9 seconds.

Auto Club Speedway: Same driver, R&T tested:
Z06: 55.08
GTR: 51.85
^ The GTR remains the 2nd fastest production car around Auto Club Speedway only being beaten by the Porsche GT2 by less then .9 seconds.

Laguna Seca: Edmunds/Motortrend tested:
Z06:1:40.9
GTR:1:39.62

.....and on and on...in fact let me make this easier:

That was taken from www.fastestlaps.com 's data base. The GTR has beaten the Z06 on EVERY track they've ever ran together on....its rediculous to think Nissan cheated on the Nurburgring when the cars lap times from many different tracks and many different cars and many different reviewers all show the same thing. The car is FAST.
i was gonna post all of this.... but my wife made me lunch so i was away.

i can see if the gt-r was faster on the ring but slower everywhere else, but its quick everywhere. not the fastest, but normally in the top 3 time wise of anyplace people take it.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

There should be a designated tire that a car must run when going for the record around the ring. Then all the cars will have the same tires and the actual car will be tested. Its like the lotus exige. It handles amazingly but has race compound tires from the factory, don't they last like 3,000 miles or something?
Old 11-14-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheBlueKnight
There should be a designated tire that a car must run when going for the record around the ring. Then all the cars will have the same tires and the actual car will be tested. Its like the lotus exige. It handles amazingly but has race compound tires from the factory, don't they last like 3,000 miles or something?
that is a good idea, but all these cars weigh different, are different when it comes to drive train layout, power levels, and even tire width.

by having just one standard tire you would run into an issue with some cars benefiting alot and other cars being handicapped by it. BUT the cars should run tires that are at least optional street rubber when stating a time on the ring.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

Just to show how fast the GTR is with just basic mods heres a time someone posted yesterday on the GTR forums.

^ You wont see A Z06 running 10.6s on stock tires with only a tune and half an exhaust.
you know how fast one with the HKS kit goes?? i ask because this one i ran has gone 132-133 in the 1/4
Old 11-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
you know how fast one with the HKS kit goes?? i ask because this one i ran has gone 132-133 in the 1/4
I don't know how fast the one you ran is...their are lots of GT-Rs with the HKS 570 kit and I believe that puts most of them in the mid-high 10s trapping in the low 130s..... its just basic bolt ons + tune.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:19 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
An $80K, 4,000lb, overpriced, unreliable, ugly, V6 automatic Nissan is not a "sick car". Its nothing more than an electronically controlled ricer mobile.

Z06 >>> GTR. Period.
lmao....wow you're special. Even though I'm not a GTR fan I have to laugh at this.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Nissan hasnt hid anything. They show off the actual car that ran the ring time as it was the day it ran, they display the actual tires that set the fastest lap, they've videoed the entire run and displayed it for all to see, they even described their testing procedures in detail. No other manufacturer has ever gone to such great lengths to justify their legitimacy on the Nurburgring, yet anti GTR fanboys still want to say Nissan cheated lol. Look at other tracks the GTR has been tested on, it beats the Z06 and 911s over every track they've been compared on.

No it wasnt. The GTR was supposed to bring back the GTR and this time go global. It was supposed to further put Nissan on the global map of performance oriented automakers. It was supposed to show Nissan was capable of delivering world class performance for a fraction of the cost of other makers. And its done all of that plus some.

nissan could say anything and you would believe it-- i could say nissan cheated like crazy and it would hold as much unproveable merit. yet you'll believe what you like, because you're a fanboi. and look at the other tracks.. the gtr edges out the z06 with it's stock shitty tires barely, yet it did so fantastic on the 'ring. and that's ancient GM technology already.

too bad the gtr of this time is an epic fail. they tried as hard as they could to make a race car for dummies that would drive itself, and take out the competition with superior ricer engineering. too bad it hasn't proved a single thing and gets owned in all aspects of performanc by the zr1, gm's newest car.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I don't know how fast the one you ran is...their are lots of GT-Rs with the HKS 570 kit and I believe that puts most of them in the mid-high 10s trapping in the low 130s..... and it costs over 5 grand for the kit.
fixed
Old 11-15-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nissan could say anything and you would believe it-- i could say nissan cheated like crazy and it would hold as much unproveable merit. yet you'll believe what you like, because you're a fanboi. and look at the other tracks.. the gtr edges out the z06 with it's stock shitty tires barely, yet it did so fantastic on the 'ring. and that's ancient GM technology already.

too bad the gtr of this time is an epic fail. they tried as hard as they could to make a race car for dummies that would drive itself, and take out the competition with superior ricer engineering. too bad it hasn't proved a single thing and gets owned in all aspects of performanc by the zr1, gm's newest car.
Theirs a page full of track times... and i dont really consider 4 years ago "ancient tech"

If you have ever actually driven one... IT IS A RACE CAR FOR DUMMIES.
Its stupidly easy to drive. all wheel drive auto.....

And if you want to include the zr1.... Will do with everyone else has said. Give the 80k gtr 20-30k in mods to match the price of a zr1..
Old 11-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Launching!

Yeah.... But it's STILL A CHEVY....

A 2002 Z-o6 (405hp.) beautiful car with 19k miles was just BOUGHT here for $21,500. Good deal for seller AND buyer.

That there Nissan when it's 7 will have a better resale value... I'm just sayin'. (I bought the Z....) and I can buy parts cheap and anywhere.

THE GTR IS a supercar.... with super high prices for repair parts and super high technology.... If I had super high bank.... I'd have one.... But I'm a bottom feeder.

Props to the vid.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ACR Vipers cost more then GTRs...and how is being ONE of the fastest cars not impressive to you?
Because Nissan created so much hype about how the GTR was supposed to be "Godzilla" and all this bullshit. And it turns out to be nothing more than an overpriced, overweight, underpowered, electronically controlled abomination of a car. It set no records, and does nothing better than anything else. Basically Nissan overhyped the car.

Neither will the GTR...
You must have been living under a rock since the GTR came out. They are blowing transmissions left and right, they can't keep them in the cars. And all at a cost of $20K for replacement, which Nissan will NOT honor under warranty. There has been a huge uproar about it everywhere, Nissan couldn't care less.

LoL and after Porsche called out Nissan Nissan publicly invited Porsche to the Nurburgring to give them driving lessons in their own cars....even the Magazines have driven faster times around the Nurburgring and many other tracks in the GTR compared to the 997 Turbo/Z06s....and Nissan proudly shows the actual tires used on the GT-Rs record setting lap as seen here:
Porsche > Nissan

You calling out a company with decades of legitimate racing experience that makes amazing exotic performance automobiles against a company that is known for making pieces of **** that burn oil and $80K cars that blow transmissions. Get serious, its not even worth agruing. Porsche is well respected throughout the world, Nissan doesn't give anyone a reason to respect them.

And as for all the electronic crap on the GTR, its retarded. What ever happened to actually driving a car, instead of letting the car drive itself?? Without all that **** on there, the car would probably be at the minimum a minute slower around the ring. But at least the person behind the wheel would actually be driving the car and showing what the chassis is capable of, not what the electronic nannies are capable of
Old 11-16-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

isnt the zr-1 like a cobalt ss more expensive then a gt-r? kinda hard to feel bad to loose to a car that more expensive.

Quick Reply: *Another vid* C6 Z06 vs GTR with HKS-570 kit