Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Top speed buried

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
ive been 190+ in a 402 procharged sprayed C5.. in the passenger seat.
I bet that was a fkin blast!!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wytry
In response to the original post.... Fiction or non-fiction, you make the call
You are expected to exceed the speed limit in order for them to generate revenue from the citation/fine/insurance/traffic school/impound. Short of checking big rigs, there is no other use for highway patrol.

Don't want speeding, then mandate speed limiters (I'm not advocating this, just pointing out hypocrisy)

I thought this was interesting from the US Census:

In the US there are over 10,000,000 motor vehicle collisions per year, resulting in 45,000 deaths (not accounting for those permanently injured).
36% of fatal accidents caused by drunk drivers
21 year olds cause more fatal collisions than any other age 16 to 75
Old 11-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Launching!

coming back from south dakota (there are some pretty straight flat roads in the dakotas) the needle went into and past the 160 area, i have a picture from my cell phone, i don't think there were any cars for 10 miles in either direction, not sure what the final speed was but the car felt really planted even at that speed IMO, very nice road though too
Old 11-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Launching!

108 mph in my company issued '05 Freightliner Columbia 14.0 ltr 505 hp 10 spd semi with 53 ft trailer, Speedo reads up to 85 but my gps topped me at 108 on I 65 south (2 years ago), was quite fun. About 135 in my old 98 'ss (373's A4) stock tune
Old 11-23-2009, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

i've done 166 on gps in my car with just mild bolts ons. would have hit 170 but ran out of room.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

From the OP to the motorcycle genius....
Old 11-23-2009, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

ive never had enough room to max out my car but i did do a couple 140+ runs one against my dad in his 95 c4 and twice on 57-south to siu first time was at about 1:30 am no cars on the road second time was with my buddy in the car only slowed cause he got scared then bout ten minutes later my waterpump went out
Old 11-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by OUTLAWZ RACING
I bet that was a fkin blast!!!!
i was videotaping... i damn near bit a hole in the leather seat with my *******.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lowl roflmfao
Old 11-24-2009, 02:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
You'd have a friggin heart attack in Europe: they ALL drive like they own the road over there: probably because they do!
I lived in Europe for 9 years and visited most countries at least once. They don't drive like they own the road they drive like you are supposed to drive, Paris and Rome being the exceptions, they are nuts. Germany has the only completely unrestricted roads left, and there are fewer of those now than there used to be. Germans pay around $2,000 dollars and go to school for around six months before they are allowed the privilege of driving a car. They are defensive drivers that like to go fast when the conditions allow, for the most part. There are idiots in every country but I'd rather drive in Europe than here. I lost my license in Germany twice, for thirty days each time, once for following too close and the second time for flashing my headlights, the unapproved sign for get out of my way, at an unmarked cop because he was going the speed limit and I didn't want to. He even had me blowing by him when he got over on video. He made me watch it before he told me my license was going to be revoked. He was really nice about the whole thing though, like most cops in Europe.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:23 PM
TECH Addict

I loved driving in europe, the autobhan...... END OF STORY.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

ive done it once b4 and wont do it again...
Old 12-07-2009, 12:10 AM
11 Second Club

Whole lot of fail in this thread, from the OP passing cars at retarded speeds, to the video of the bike passing oncoming cars around a corner at 150.

To the op, if someone would have pulled out to pass you would have killed yourself and an innocent person.

Now if only the bike would have hit a bump and gone in to a death wobble and piled you in to one of the oncoming cars, with a 200+mph impact speed and taking out a family in a van. Great idea.

I've done my fair share of speeding on public roads, so I'm not innocent, but absolutely not in traffic or near cars. If I kill myself, that's my own stupidity.

I've gone 170+ on my GSXR 1000, topped my 600 out at 155mph corrected with -1/+2 sprockets shortly before going in to a death wobble at 140mph and somehow not losing control. I've never really gone that fast in a car.. about 140 max because it simply takes too long to get to speed and slow down if you're doing it on an open stretch of road with no traffic.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:22 AM
On The Tree

I buried the speedo once on my dad's '78 Caprice Classic. I don't remember what the highest spot on the speedo was, might have just be 85 MPH, but it was quite a shock to be going all-out in the middle of nowhere and finally being secure enough to look down and the needle WAS MISSING. It went down all the way into the panel.
Car had the 305 rather than the 350, btw- moved it out well, even though the 350 was the "must have" plant.

About 15 years ago dad sold it to a guy, and ran into him last year- he's still got the car and still drives it as his dd.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Well...to do a stupid speed with no one on the road is stupid but at least if something goes wrong you kill yourself. If you screw up passing on double yellows... (like a guy I know) you get to sit on the side of the road while someone burns to death in their car from the head on collision you caused. Sorry that one just sits in a bad place with me.
It's no different jumping double yellows merging. Breaking the law on the highway can kill anyone at anytime, period. Fact is, speed kills in any situation. I've been on backroads that has a 2 mile straight line of sight with passing on a two way road. And you are trying to pass the car in front on a perfectly legal way. Fact is, someone pulls out on you and your doing 75 in a 50 zone. You're not any different than anyone else. You are still breaking the law is what I"m saying. How can you judge anyone else when your no different? Do you not street race?
Old 12-10-2009, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

breaking the law and being reckless are to diff things

but that's just my .02
Old 12-10-2009, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

I've buried my speedo in my TA on a couple of occasions. No clue how fast I was actually goin. Scary though. Hell my truck has seen the upper side of 160 before and it has factory suspension. That's one thing I'll never do again.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
Whole lot of fail in this thread, from the OP passing cars at retarded speeds, to the video of the bike passing oncoming cars around a corner at 150.

Now if only the bike would have hit a bump and gone in to a death wobble and piled you in to one of the oncoming cars, with a 200+mph impact speed and taking out a family in a van. Great idea.

I've gone 170+ on my GSXR 1000, topped my 600 out at 155mph corrected with -1/+2 sprockets shortly before going in to a death wobble at 140mph and somehow not losing control. I've never really gone that fast in a car.. about 140 max because it simply takes too long to get to speed and slow down if you're doing it on an open stretch of road with no traffic.
*****. Just because you can't ride for **** don't try and tell me I'm endangering anyone on my bike: I've raced for too many f*in years, on tracks and street, to be endangering anyone but myself. For the record, that video could have been ALOT faster if I had taken it past the 70% threshold I was at. And for the record, zx14 NEVER get high speed wobbles over 100mph, and under 100mph it is so rare that it almost never happens (normally from setting the front tire down at a angle to the road. Noob mistake). Oh yeah, did I mention I have a steering stabilizer? Not needed, but required for the local tracks. Now take your little ***** somewhere else where your fear for enjoying life properly doesnt **** off the people who consider Risk Free Living to not be Living at all.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

*****. Just because you can't ride for **** don't try and tell me I'm endangering anyone on my bike: I've raced for too many f*in years, on tracks and street, to be endangering anyone but myself. For the record, that video could have been ALOT faster if I had taken it past the 70% threshold I was at. And for the record, zx14 NEVER get high speed wobbles over 100mph, and under 100mph it is so rare that it almost never happens (normally from setting the front tire down at a angle to the road. Noob mistake). Oh yeah, did I mention I have a steering stabilizer? Not needed, but required for the local tracks. Now take your little ***** somewhere else where your fear for enjoying life properly doesnt **** off the people who consider Risk Free Living to not be Living at all.
owned!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:25 AM
11 Second Club

You have been riding for "many years" and act like a child, that's all. You know nothing of my riding skills, I've been on bikes for years as well. How are you not endangering others when you're passing on double yellows, speeding around corners with oncoming cars, etc? That's called being a stupid rider, and it WILL bite you in the *** at one point. Like stopsign said, you're the kind of idiot driver that makes all sport bike owners look stupid.

Steering stabilizers don't get rid of all wobbles. Both of my bikes have had them. A ZX14 isn't a good track bike to begin with, who are you kidding? One of these days you'll have a blowout while doing stupid **** and take someone out... it's happened to me, except nobody was around.

My ***** are definitely sufficient size, i'm just not an idiot when it comes to other peoples safety. Take your eighth grade maturity level elsewhere.