Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Nitrous LS1's are a force to be reckoned with vs HC KB Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoulder Shaker
I know that the cobra's driver may not have been the best it still seem like that TA was holding the cobra off. It was not gaining anything on that TA.
Yeah, Havoc's ride clearly is no joke.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
My seats were almost a thousand
and they don't make a single horsepower.
Well maybe, unless those seats were installed in a Honda, then they add about 5 hp per pound. They're really a better hp/$ deal than that blower if you have full interior, because the power just adds up per seat. It's crazy really..
Old 11-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Launching!

It seemed that the t/a whooped the **** out of the mustang... Sorry Unit you r Cobra is just another potential victim.. no matter what you consider fast.. J/k ! actually not...
Old 11-26-2009, 04:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll let that one slide. Next time, he's getting pimp slapped.
Wheeeeeeeew!!! Thank god, I was getting a little worried there.. almost forgot how serious this internet buisness can be!

Old 11-26-2009, 04:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You must be one poor sonofabitch.
Poor? No. Im 22 and Im on my 3rd Fbody and I probably make more then you especially with this economy. Id just rather get my money worth especially in an investment like a modified performance vehicle.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

This. ^^

Well said sir.
I agree
Old 11-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
Poor? No. Im 22 and Im on my 3rd Fbody and I probably make more then you especially with this economy. Id just rather get my money worth especially in an investment like a modified performance vehicle.
You saying you are on your 3rd Fbody doesn't exactly say you're a wealthy person.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Launching!

basically what happens when ford guys and chevy guys get together, i would have liked to see the TT Cobra run the ls1 on spray
Old 11-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 31camaro
basically what happens when ford guys and chevy guys get together, i would have liked to see the TT Cobra run the ls1 on spray
You need to paint your headlight housing area matte black to match your corner lights and wheels.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Launching!

You need to paint your headlight housing area matte black to match your corner lights and wheels.
i need to paint the whole car florida sun can do damage to a cars paint, i may paint the head light area when i paint it.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

You saying you are on your 3rd Fbody doesn't exactly say you're a wealthy person.

Never said I was rich, if you want to know the truth i make close to 65k a year. Thats not bad for someone my age at this time and age, and I never meant for this thread to be a ford vs chevy debate. All I meant is that the cobra had far more mods and got beat by an LS1 with far less. Not an arguement about who makes more money and who has the biggest ***** on LS1tech. God the internet.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Never said I was rich, if you want to know the truth i make close to 65k a year. Thats not bad for someone my age at this time and age, and I never meant for this thread to be a ford vs chevy debate. All I meant is that the cobra had far more mods and got beat by an LS1 with far less. Not an arguement about who makes more money and who has the biggest ***** on LS1tech. God the internet.
Anyways...I don't care to get that personal. You took me way too seriously. I was just trying to point out that a KB on an 03 Cobra is no where close to ridiculous amount of money.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 60 Likes on 27 Posts

Man that's an old one and Havoc can drive! I think he went mid 10's on that old set-up.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:01 PM
***Repost Police***

It doesn't matter what car has "more" mods. If you have a full bolt-on car vs. a car with a 150 shot (not talking about this race), should the car with "more" mods win?
Old 11-26-2009, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ls1 m6 with cam and nitrous isn't a slow car, but those cobras can get ridiculously quick in a hurry. i think even to this day they own up to the "terminator" designation. if you disagree, then you're probably the type of guy who would post up a race video of a stock LS1 fbody running against gutted civic hatch with a sprayed k20 swap and calls LS1 powered cars worthless.

if you want to talk about who is king of the hill in terms of cost of speed, consider that you can modify a salvaged 1 liter bike and probably put buslengths on anything within $10k of your total project cost.

[/drunk rant]
Old 11-27-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
ls1 m6 with cam and nitrous isn't a slow car, but those cobras can get ridiculously quick in a hurry. i think even to this day they own up to the "terminator" designation. if you disagree, then you're probably the type of guy who would post up a race video of a stock LS1 fbody running against gutted civic hatch with a sprayed k20 swap and calls LS1 powered cars worthless.

if you want to talk about who is king of the hill in terms of cost of speed, consider that you can modify a salvaged 1 liter bike and probably put buslengths on anything within $10k of your total project cost.

[/drunk rant]
Hell yeah!!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I love these my car's awesome and your car sucks threads. They just bring everyone together so we can show our true feelings towards each other.

If you were going for bang for buck with the Cobra the mod list wouldn't be the one posted for that Cobra. You could do a port, pulley, and spray pretty cheap and it would be wicked fast, it all depends on what your goals and wants are. That video shows that Nitrous LS1 is faster than that Cobra and nothing more, which really isn't that shocking.

That being said I like both cars and yes Nitrous LS's are no joke.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BobDoLe

[/drunk rant]
x2
Old 11-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rocksws6
I love these my car's awesome and your car sucks threads. They just bring everyone together so we can show our true feelings towards each other.

If you were going for bang for buck with the Cobra the mod list wouldn't be the one posted for that Cobra. You could do a port, pulley, and spray pretty cheap and it would be wicked fast, it all depends on what your goals and wants are. That video shows that Nitrous LS1 is faster than that Cobra and nothing more, which really isn't that shocking.

That being said I like both cars and yes Nitrous LS's are no joke.
Exzactly.... for the money a port and spray and your Cobra will fly. I know people wit a port and 100 shot making 670rwhp and 780rwtq.....if you could get that to hook it would roll out.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Exzactly.... for the money a port and spray and your Cobra will fly. I know people wit a port and 100 shot making 670rwhp and 780rwtq.....if you could get that to hook it would roll out.
How do you guys get that **** too hook? Ive seen some of those irs guys Running fast. Is it a pure driver deal or is their some suspension mods that really help?

Quick Reply: Nitrous LS1's are a force to be reckoned with vs HC KB Cobra