Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

MY LT Trail Blazer takes down SRT8 Jeep

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
**** Confuzed, I thought you went and died or something.

The Hellblazer sounds as sick as ever.
Yeah I droped cars for over half a year. Between the HB project and the sabatage on the TA.....I had to go find my happy place. Thank god for natures prozac! I really can't say the HB is sick...lol It's suprising.......for now. Sick comes soon though.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
Sick comes soon though.
Your wife doesn't know about that does she? You are going to get thrown out one of these days.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
Yes, it says v6 in his sig. Which I thought was wierd initially because I thought the Blazers came with a straight 6, could be wrong.

Hey, I have a 9 second Geo Metro. 3 cylinder stroker.

Oh, forgot to tell you it's a Ls7 swap with heads/cam making 600rwhp.
Kind of a bad joke, don't you think? I mean of course people are going to be "cUNfuzzzzzzzzzzed" if you lie to them.
Who lied? My sig is from me telling some douche that was what I had after beating him. He accepted it as fact. Pretty much anyone who comes here regularly knows of my build. I just took for granted that I was talking to the old timers. Then the thread took a mind of its own and I just sat back and enjoyed.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Your wife doesn't know about that does she? You are going to get thrown out one of these days.
My give a **** is being beat down by my small ***** insecurity. Must....have....more....POWER! I am putting a big KB on the mother ****** when she goes home to Germany this year! Money is lined out now for the TA and that. She wont throw me out man.....she'll throw me in....the oven that is. You know how those Germans like thier crazy ovens man.LOL
Old 12-07-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

My give a **** is being beat down by my small ***** insecurity. Must....have....more....POWER! I am putting a big KB on the mother ****** when she goes home to Germany this year! Money is lined out now for the TA and that. She wont throw me out man.....she'll throw me in....the oven that is. You know how those Germans like thier crazy ovens man.LOL
That should wake it up quite a bit. Let me know how it works out for you. She is going to bake your *** for sure over that one.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

Thank god for natures prozac!
Sex does wonders for the man's ego.

I'll go out on a limb and say she will love the KB whine
Old 12-07-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Sex does wonders for the man's ego.

I'll go out on a limb and say she will love the KB whine
SEX!!!! That too. I was talking about weed!LOL She will. She wants to build her own car with me. I about fell the **** down when she came in and said that! Her stipulations are, it has to have that chop like the TA and that sexy whine. So, we are looking for an abused C5 to restore.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, she didn't realize you did a 408 build. Now...KB? She is seriously going to ******* hate you lol.

EDIT: Never mind, just read the last reply. That is a keeper if I have ever seen it.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

SEX!!!! That too. I was talking about weed!LOL
Ahhhhhh I got ya
Old 12-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Launching!

Nice one Scott, hey come Sunday I may have a TBSS of my own to join in on this bullying you are doing here in town.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1WICKDZ
Nice one Scott, hey come Sunday I may have a TBSS of my own to join in on this bullying you are doing here in town.
Sweet! We have to meet up one day man.LOL We keep saying it. Next party I have I'll PM you.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Lmfao. Wow, that is very cold blooded. I'm very sure he is tearing the car completly apart or thinking his engine is about gone.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:36 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

This is the wierdest thread in a while. Well, not as wired as the Gay mustang thread but .... still wierd.

This is what happens when you take time off from this section Scott. The noobs don't believe you.

BTW- good kill
Old 12-08-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wife: Scott, I think they is something wrong with the 5.3 stroked v6 TB 4X4 TB.

CuNfUzEd: Why do you say that?

Wife: It is making a really weird whining sounds (attempts to make a blower sound).

CuNfUzEd: No worries, its just the alternator.

Wife: O, for a second I thought you did something while I was in Germany.

Wish I could be there for this one!
Old 12-08-2009, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lemons12
Wife: Scott, I think they is something wrong with the 5.3 stroked v6 TB 4X4 TB.

CuNfUzEd: Why do you say that?

Wife: It is making a really weird whining sounds (attempts to make a blower sound).

CuNfUzEd: No worries, its just the alternator.

Wife: O, for a second I thought you did something while I was in Germany.

Wish I could be there for this one!

I'm going to hide a camera so I can film it without her knowledge.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
This is the wierdest thread in a while. Well, not as wired as the Gay mustang thread but .... still wierd.

This is what happens when you take time off from this section Scott. The noobs don't believe you.

BTW- good kill
LOL Indeed. I had to get away from cars Jay........it was a needed break. Everything was getting to me.LOL And thanks.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This!
Old 12-09-2009, 06:50 AM
On The Tree

I think you should drop the kb idea and go with a butt mount or really try to hide a front mount turbo set up or plumb a 300 shot under the intake. That way u could still have to fun of it looking stock under the hood. I like the nitrous idea myself caz it will still sound stock but I realize u already have a n20 feed monster.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That would be hilarious if you could pull it off.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow....Regular sherlock Holmes man!!LOL DING DING DING...we have a WINNER!!!!!! 408 with 243 heads stock truck intake and exhaust no cats and a FAST CHIP custome tune. You my friend are in the money man.
Thanks man: I can 'talk' a good game, but lack the iron in the driveway to back it up- Ispent alot of my younger years hangin out with guys that did have the funds to do what they wanted.
Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Bro when i move back to the states i want you on my team/crew/wolfpack/whatever, thats some amazing guesswork, plus you clearly have a great taste in cars.
Being good at guessing aint the same as being good at turning the wrenches and figuring out the tried and true combo's! I used to make some $$$ for my friends by guessing what ci, compression, cam size, gas type, stall, and gear ratio's other guys had when they were running for money. Usually entailed me "randomly" coming across them a block later from my friends house where everyone went to set up the races. Ideally I would get them to race me, if not I would follow them and listen and smell carefully. Got really good at that. Word to the wise: if any of you ever come across a guy named Roger Parkey, DO NOT put money on a race with him! Guys got more twists in him than a two headed anaconda.... Guys got a gilded tongue and can talk anybody into betting money on a race there's no way in hell they will win.
Originally Posted by TonyGXP
You'd be surprised how little you really need to keep up with and beat the SRT8's. I was running Charger SRT8's at atco 2 yrs ago with their bolt ons vs mine and was beating them and in worst case scenario lose by a few hundreths. was running 13.0's-13.1x @104-105. just UD pulley, CAI/Tune and electric fan mod. the AWD TBSS is about .2-.3 slower, but can still do the same with a converter.. my truck with the converter ran 12.5 @107-108 all day long. SRT8 Jeeps with LT's & bolt-ons were 12.7's at best, unless you go on a ridiculous neg-DA day.

PS I have dynoed my truck numerous times over the years and it's been between 350-365 on a mustang dyno, converter locked.
Having a hard time seeing how a 4,550lb truck with the same engine as a 3,770lb GTO can run times on par with the GTO with similiar mods? 4.10 gears in a straight axle setup obviously help, but that much?
Originally Posted by uscg02ws6
I think you should drop the kb idea and go with a butt mount or really try to hide a front mount turbo set up or plumb a 300 shot under the intake. That way u could still have to fun of it looking stock under the hood. I like the nitrous idea myself caz it will still sound stock but I realize u already have a n20 feed monster.
Nitrous after all that work you did?!? I don't see the point: should have just saved your dough and done nitrous from the very beginning. Just not getting the point of building that motor THEN putting nitrous on it.... guys that know you got it will just go "yeah I lost to him, but he's got nitrous so it's not to suprising". Better off leaving them with no viable excuses IMO.

Quick Reply: MY LT Trail Blazer takes down SRT8 Jeep