Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 C5 vs 06 GTO 6.0... how did I lose? (TURNS OUT HES NOT STOCK!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:41 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, 4spd automatic.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL people are so misinformed a bout GTOs. Everyone thinks they run 14s stock.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Lol i ran a 14.0 at 102 my first pass in my GTO..not sure how i managed to do that. I then i backed it up with a 13.2 at 107. I hadnt even owned the car a week when i made those runs. I think it has more in it. Oh its a 06 6 speed with a cai btw.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Regular

Is it possible for someone with a LS1 GTO to run 13.4s stock? I talked to someone recently that said that they were running that stock on the 1/4. Nevermind the fact I beat them in 3 non-track dig races in my stock GT. I realize the LS1 GTO is a bit faster than my GT, but he sucked at driving it. I know sure as **** I could never run a 13.4 in my stock GT..
Old 12-26-2009, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Killemall
every 10 pounds equals 100 pounds..So the extra 40 rwhp on the 6.0 goat makes the weight more like 3280 pounds vrs 3400 pounds..
how does 10 pounds equal 100 pounds?
Old 12-26-2009, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Is it possible for someone with a LS1 GTO to run 13.4s stock? I talked to someone recently that said that they were running that stock on the 1/4. Nevermind the fact I beat them in 3 non-track dig races in my stock GT. I realize the LS1 GTO is a bit faster than my GT, but he sucked at driving it. I know sure as **** I could never run a 13.4 in my stock GT..
Possible? yea... Likely? Hell no.. Most will run high 13s/bottom 14s..

You can put them about equal to an lt1 with the GTO having a bit more up top.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:40 AM
TECH Regular

That's what I thought. What a lying asshat.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:45 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Yea thats not going to happean. My buddies bolt on car runs high 13's.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pillarpod
how does 10 pounds equal 100 pounds?
He means 10hp = 100lbs
Old 12-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Teching In

If both cars were bone-stock the outcome "should" have been different. Atleast both cars should have been neck and neck, I don't see how the GTO could have pulled like the 'vette was standing still. Both cars are about even in the 1/4 mile stock for stock in A4 form, the C5 having the advantage from a roll and higher speeds. I'd be willing to bet that Goat is not bone-stock.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ls1ss_2000
If both cars were bone-stock the outcome "should" have been different. Atleast both cars should have been neck and neck, I don't see how the GTO could have pulled like the 'vette was standing still. Both cars are about even in the 1/4 mile stock for stock in A4 form, the C5 having the advantage from a roll and higher speeds. I'd be willing to bet that Goat is not bone-stock.
The GTO has the advantage from a roll, and the higher the race goes the more the GTO will pull.
This has been shown over and over.. The ls1 has the best advantage from a dig. The ls2 just plain makes more power, giving it an advantage up top.

They ET about the same, usually .1-.2 faster but trap around 3-4 MPH faster.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

I agree completely. That ls2 just pulls up top harder than my ls1, but my ls1 will get him from the dig.

As far as vette vs camaro? I think the vette is leaps and bounds. The interior seems to be assemblem far more tight and tidy, the gauges are nice, all the bells and whistles are good, i like driving with pop ups at night (i think they look cool inside the car, not outside), It handles better, and ive got alot of compliments on it unlike the camaro used too.

Im happy, I will always miss my camaro and want death to its destroyer, but im pacified... for now

Originally Posted by lemons12
The GTO has the advantage from a roll, and the higher the race goes the more the GTO will pull.
This has been shown over and over.. The ls1 has the best advantage from a dig. The ls2 just plain makes more power, giving it an advantage up top.

They ET about the same, usually .1-.2 faster but trap around 3-4 MPH faster.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Teching In

This has been shown over and over.. The ls1 has the best advantage from a dig. The ls2 just plain makes more power, giving it an advantage up top. They ET about the same, usually .1-.2 faster but trap around 3-4 MPH faster.
I beg to differ. The op said the GTO pulled like he was standing still. With the vette being lighter and much more aerodynamic I don't see that happening, not even with the 40whp advantage the LS2 Goat has. I can see those circumstances with an LS2 C6 vs base C5, but up against the Goat weight and aerodynamics play a significant role. And I've seen enough stock A4 C5's trap 104-105 in the quarter here at sea level, so to say 3-4mph difference is really putting 20's on it. LOL

Remember, were talking an LS1 VETTE not F-body!
Old 12-27-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jph2275
I agree completely. That ls2 just pulls up top harder than my ls1, but my ls1 will get him from the dig.

As far as vette vs camaro? I think the vette is leaps and bounds. The interior seems to be assemblem far more tight and tidy, the gauges are nice, all the bells and whistles are good, i like driving with pop ups at night (i think they look cool inside the car, not outside), It handles better, and ive got alot of compliments on it unlike the camaro used too.

Im happy, I will always miss my camaro and want death to its destroyer, but im pacified... for now
Yea, but vette compared to Ws6 in looks department......... The interior is definitely nicer on the vette though, as well as handling and ride comfort. Anything else, my personal choice is Ws6!

Originally Posted by ls1ss_2000
I beg to differ.
Doesn't change that I'm stating facts and you are stating how you "think" it should go.
The op said the GTO pulled like he was standing still.
This is all for what someone takes it. Some people consider standing still getting 1-2 car lengths pulled on them, some consider it 10+, just depends on what you consider it..
Remember, were talking an LS1 VETTE not F-body!
Out of the countless numbers of street races I have seen and experienced first hand, and all the races at the track, I have NEVER seen a corvette beat an fbody in straight line performance (talking stock/very close to stock cars).
I beat my fair share when my old white one was stock, and not by a fender, I pulled every one of them 1 1/2+ lengths.
On the base model C5s, "Corvette" is just that... A name. Now if we start talking Zo6s and what not, sure there is a difference. But if you buy into all the GM babel bull **** that the base model is actually faster, you have some problems. Maybe you should hang around some more street races or even the track? Not being an *** when I say that either, just saying you aren't very informed on this subject.

Disclaimer for corvette nut swingers.... I am talking purely straight line speed, nothing more.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

New to tech!
Sup guys! New to LS1tech. Been a member of ls1.com for many years now, thought I'd see how guys r livin over here.
Nevermind, I'm sorry... I now see where it all comes from.. You are from the "other" site. I know how slow you guys can be.. Korndog, wade, 02SS, all of yous! Ya ratards.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:45 PM
9 Second Club

Yea, but vette compared to Ws6 in looks department......... The interior is definitely nicer on the vette though, as well as handling and ride comfort. Anything else, my personal choice is Ws6!

Doesn't change that I'm stating facts and you are stating how you "think" it should go.

This is all for what someone takes it. Some people consider standing still getting 1-2 car lengths pulled on them, some consider it 10+, just depends on what you consider it..

Out of the countless numbers of street races I have seen and experienced first hand, and all the races at the track, I have NEVER seen a corvette beat an fbody in straight line performance (talking stock/very close to stock cars).
I beat my fair share when my old white one was stock, and not by a fender, I pulled every one of them 1 1/2+ lengths.
On the base model C5s, "Corvette" is just that... A name. Now if we start talking Zo6s and what not, sure there is a difference. But if you buy into all the GM babel bull **** that the base model is actually faster, you have some problems. Maybe you should hang around some more street races or even the track? Not being an *** when I say that either, just saying you aren't very informed on this subject.
If you don't think an LS1 vette is faster than a F-body stock for stock than you obviously aren't very informed on this subject. Then again, that goes with just about every post of yours I see on here. Weight plays the role, and the whole IRS vs. solid axle thing goes out the window between these two cars in stock form. C5's have always averaged quicker e.t.s (13.2-13.4 vs 13.4.-13.6) and ran higher traps (107-109 vs. 105-107) on average. That's where those couple hundred pounds come into play. And as far as ls1ss_2000 statement about the GTO vs. vette he has a very good point. LS2 GTO's aren't much faster than LS1 F-bodies, give or take a couple tenths and a couple mph in the 1/4 mile. Yes they make more power but are considerably heavier. There not as swift as your average LS2 vette....it's a whole different story. C5 A4 vettes typically run in the 13.3-13.5 range at 105-106 which is right around where a stock A4 05/06 GTO runs. I dunno where you got 3-4mph difference. So if you consider the vette having a lighter curb weight vs. f-body and having better aerodynamics I don't see how you believe them to walk a C5 like it's standing still. lol

Now did I make that clear enough for you Lemons?
Old 12-27-2009, 08:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
If you don't think an LS1 vette is faster than a F-body stock for stock than you obviously aren't very informed on this subject. Then again, that goes with just about every post of yours I see on here. Weight plays the role, and the whole IRS vs. solid axle thing goes out the window between these two cars in stock form. C5's have always averaged quicker e.t.s (13.2-13.4 vs 13.4.-13.6) and ran higher traps (107-109 vs. 105-107) on average. That's where those couple hundred pounds come into play. And as far as ls1ss_2000 statement about the GTO vs. vette he has a very good point. LS2 GTO's aren't much faster than LS1 F-bodies, give or take a couple tenths and a couple mph in the 1/4 mile. Yes they make more power but are considerably heavier. There not as swift as your average LS2 vette....it's a whole different story. C5 A4 vettes typically run in the 13.3-13.5 range at 105-106 which is right around where a stock GTO runs. I dunno where you got 3-4mph difference. So if you consider the vette having a lighter curb weight vs. f-body and having better aerodynamics I don't see how you believe them to walk a C5 like it's standing still. lol
I'm not quoting internet times.. I'm telling you what I have seen over and over and over IN LIFE. On the street and at the track, on average vettes get beat 9/10 by fbodys.. I'm sorry if it offends you, but it is what I have seen more than enough times to make it a fact for me. I'm talking A4s VS M6s, M6s VS A4s, A4s VS A4s and everything in between.
I never once said anything about anything else standing still, might want to re-read a few posts. And I also have said countless times the SAME EXACT thing you are saying about GTOs being slightly faster than an fbody. Again, maybe you should re-read and try some comprehension.
EDIT::::: Please post up *ALL* of my posts where I am misinformed.. I didn't get 4,000+ posts by only posting in the SR&K section, I help out quite a bit on this forum, and have had many thanks for helping with setups. I am curious as to where I misinform people on information so much.
Now did I make that clear enough for you Lemons?
I don't have to hide and try to make an *** hole comment, not seem like I'm being an *** hole.. Go **** yourself.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:15 PM
9 Second Club

I'm not quoting internet times.. I'm telling you what I have seen over and over and over IN LIFE. On the street and at the track, on average vettes get beat 9/10 by fbodys.. I'm sorry if it offends you, but it is what I have seen more than enough times to make it a fact for me. I'm talking A4s VS M6s, M6s VS A4s, A4s VS A4s and everything in between.
I never once said anything about anything else standing still, might want to re-read a few posts. And I also have said countless times the SAME EXACT thing you are saying about GTOs being slightly faster than an fbody. Again, maybe you should re-read and try some comprehension.
EDIT::::: Please post up *ALL* of my posts where I am misinformed.. I didn't get 4,000+ posts by only posting in the SR&K section, I help out quite a bit on this forum, and have had many thanks for helping with setups. I am curious as to where I misinform people on information so much.
What I wan't to know is where did you get an A4 GTO being 3-4mph faster than an A4 vette? Do you really believe that or were you just shootin' **** out of your mouth like usual?

I don't have to hide and try to make an *** hole comment, not seem like I'm being an *** hole.. Go **** yourself.
No thanks. I get plenty of ***** already.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
What I wan't to know is where did you get an A4 GTO being 3-4mph faster than an A4 vette? Do you really believe that or were you just shootin' **** out of your mouth like usual?
How many street races have you actually seen.. I guarentee you if you have seen any worth anything you would know for a fact that an ls2 goat will pull a base c5 EVERY time up top.. And as hard as it pulls, it would equate to 3mph or so.

I have never seen a stock vette and a stock 6.0 line up next to each other at a track, so I can't use that as a "fact", but I have seen it happen enough that I have not a doubt in my mind that it would. Like I have said, I have NEVER seen a stock C5 base vette beat a stock fbody, ever.. On the street or the track.. From a dig or from a roll. So if the GTO traps on average 3-4 mph faster than an fbody, why wouldn't it a vette?
Corvettes aren't the end to all cars, and the base model C5 is no better than an fbody when it comes to straight line. Even when the modding starts, you are talking what 300 lbs MAX, depending on options.. And the IRS sure as hell isn't helping it any at all.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Teching In

How many street races have you actually seen.. I guarentee you if you have seen any worth anything you would know for a fact that an ls2 goat will pull a base c5 EVERY time up top.. And as hard as it pulls, it would equate to 3mph or so.

I have never seen a stock vette and a stock 6.0 line up next to each other at a track, so I can't use that as a "fact", but I have seen it happen enough that I have not a doubt in my mind that it would. Like I have said, I have NEVER seen a stock C5 base vette beat a stock fbody, ever.. On the street or the track.. From a dig or from a roll. So if the GTO traps on average 3-4 mph faster than an fbody, why wouldn't it a vette?
Corvettes aren't the end to all cars, and the base model C5 is no better than an fbody when it comes to straight line. Even when the modding starts, you are talking what 300 lbs MAX, depending on options.. And the IRS sure as hell isn't helping it any at all.
You make no sense.

A C5 will pull an F-body from a roll, given equal drivers everytime.

And an A4 LS2 GTO does not trap 3-4 mph faster than a stock A4 C5 vette. That would make them a 109-110mph car in stock form; that is what the 05/06 M6 cars run at best. Quit being hard headed.

Quick Reply: 01 C5 vs 06 GTO 6.0... how did I lose? (TURNS OUT HES NOT STOCK!!!)