Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Calling Out StockTAWS-6... Part II...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003 | 11:27 PM
STF Veteran

hmm. sohc still has two cams, one for each cylinder bank... but if bullitt DID swap in a tuned, blown, dohc into the engine bay of the car, it would actually likely be faster than a good number of the cars in here... but since i'm not sure he's capible of changing his own oil, based on the way he talks, i'm guessing an engine swap may be beyond him. and if he did, i really don't think there would be any point in calling the car a bullitt anymore. i mean seriously, the engine in a car is 1/2 of it's identity anyway, and in the case of the mustang bullitt, it's hardly differentiated from the GT already as it is. you do anything major like an engine swap to it, and you may as well start calling it a mustang mongrel halfbreed instead of a bullitt anymore.
Old 12-18-2003 | 11:29 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Originally Posted by WECIV
LOL, Unit will put us in the corner and feed us with a sling shot.
Old 12-18-2003 | 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lmao this guy is funny!
Old 12-18-2003 | 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by BULLITT
.........I have and sohc engine which comes with two cams ......... Hey phantom you still got that slow POS, or did you trade it in for a bullitt or cobra already? ahahhahahhaha
Interesting ....

Well to answer your question bullitt .... yes, I do still have the slow POS, unfortunately I haven't had the time to go to the doctors and have my ***** cut off, which I hear is a requirement in order to drive those homosexual bullitt cars. (And that rumor is reinforced by the fact that you drive one, being the sac-less homosexual you are).

When you go out and buy a real car, or gain the mental capacity to think of a better insult then "HAHAHAHA LATA SUCKERS," please, let me know.

Unfortunately for you, cams+spray still equals a Slow Bullitt.
Old 12-18-2003 | 11:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Well, I agree with you. You have more cam, however; I have 65 more CI so I am not that upset. What did a Bullitt run the 1/4 in Hot Rod Magazine and what did an LS1 Z run it in in the same mag???
Old 12-18-2003 | 11:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Pure and simple let us just look at stats and we will see which is the superior vehicle
Old 12-18-2003 | 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by WECIV
Well, I agree with you. You have more cam, however; I have 65 more CI so I am not that upset. What did a Bullitt run the 1/4 in Hot Rod Magazine and what did an LS1 Z run it in in the same mag???
Please don't bench race dude ....

Bullitt = high 13 second car ... LS1 = low 13 second car.

To give you an idea, bullitt's car ran a 13 flat on nitrous ... give that same car new cams and it's running at best a high 12's N/A, and a 12 flat on the juice. Go to the track and show us some slips bullitt ... I bet it will be right there.

Cammed N/A LS1 = faster then a cammed/juiced bullitt.

However, since you are stock he would most definately beat you, unless his Ferd blew up.
Old 12-18-2003 | 11:55 PM

Nice, I'm back in the Sig ... wohoo!.
Old 12-18-2003 | 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BULLITT
hey weciv and cudaeh. you guys are seriously stupid. I have and sohc engine which comes with two cams. not one like those POS you guys drive. ahahhahahhaa. you dumbasses make me laugh. And skarekrow keep talking crap and see if you dont end up in the sig. Later suckers ahahhahahhahaha. Hey phantom you still got that slow POS, or did you trade it in for a bullitt or cobra already? ahahhahahhaha
eh like i sed it was a weak comment but i figgured some one might make it a successfull joke. dont be pissed at me that you had to buy 2 cams. i am jellous how ever that your cam swaps are so damn easy to do
your calling me stupid? you were the one that thought the diffrence between a civic and a mclaren f1 is the same as the diffrence between a gt and a bullett.
Old 12-18-2003 | 11:57 PM

Cuda, the cam swap itself on our cars isn't difficult to do at all, it's changing those damn springs that is the pain in the *** ....
Old 12-19-2003 | 12:04 AM
STF Veteran

is a cam swap really all that beneficial on a SOHC? i didn't think the sohc heads had the port flow to feed higher lift/duration cams, although i know that the bullitt intake was up to par in flow regards.

bullitt, your two cams are roughly equilivent to our one cam. wheras we have one stick operating 16 valves, you have two twin sticks operating 8 valves each. each of your two cams is doing half the work of our one. 1/2 + 1/2 = 1. boasting that you have more is completely retarded, since the NUMBER of cams you have isn't nearly as important as what they do. the only difference really is that it costs us half as much to swap cams.

i don't really belong in your sig, because the only posted timeslip i have, is legitmatly slower than what your car is capible of (We don't really know what you're capible of), and i am pretty sure that you've kept the names in your sig to people who are almost certainly buslengths quicker than you in the past, but feel free to add me, i'd be honored.
Old 12-19-2003 | 12:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Sorry, I was not attempting to bench race. I was just stating that LS1's are superior. If you thought a Bullitt was superior you would go out and buy one. I agree if his car was done right it may whip mine. However, I never said I could whip him. Too many variables in a street race. What I am countering is this stupid Bullitt superiority manusha that Bullitt keeps espousing. Having 65 extra CI gives one a heck of a lot more potential than possessing a 65 CI handicap. Bullitt is just a silly consanguine. Poor bugger would mictrate in his britches if he had a LS1. He is just in a state of denial.
Old 12-19-2003 | 12:08 AM
STF Veteran

"secret" mods on a bullitt are the stupidest thing i've ever heard of. i've been reading mustang magazines for years, and pretty much the conclusion is that the only REAL power path on both the 99+ sohc and 96+ dohc engines is forced induction. sure a catback may net you 5hp here and underdrive pullies may net you 8hp there, but really a "full bolt-on" sohc PI engine is not even close to a stock LS1. maybe a full bolt-on sohc with agressive cams, ported heads, and ported intake might be around stock LS1 level... but i'd doubt it.

there is a reason that the 05+ GTs will have 3valve heads and the 06+ cobras will likely be 5.0L or 5.4L versions of the DOHC... ford already used up most of the tricks they had on these current engines in 1999.
Old 12-19-2003 | 12:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Does it matter how many cams you have if you have less HP??? Isn't that a ricer statement???
Old 12-19-2003 | 12:14 AM
STF Veteran

i havn't a clue what i run. a so-so driver pushed a near clone of my car (well broken-in 98 A4 T/A, bone stock down to paper filter) to a 13.26 (pardon me if i forget the mph, i believe it was in the 108mph range), so that would be a decent target for me to shoot for (myself being a so-so driver at the strip at best) when MIR opens back up in a few months... but honestly, i don't care that much what i run.
Old 12-19-2003 | 12:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Haha, ITS BULLITT!!! awesome. Hey bullitt, IM DEFINITELY faster than you, you little bitch! Ill take you anytime. What exactly are the terms you agreed to and Welcome back, you ****-eating *****! Man, this is gonna suck when Unit gets back.
Old 12-19-2003 | 12:16 AM
STF Veteran

now i havn't bought any mustang magazines in about 6 months or more, but you do realize that your car, and your estimates, contradict all established mustang knowledge as last i checked in with it? i mean these are people who live and breathe the cars. these are people who's JOB it is, not hobby, to know what's going on and to write about it? you should contact them. i'm sure they'd be interested.

btw, you spelled my name wrong. i'm honored nonetheless.
Old 12-19-2003 | 12:20 AM
TECH Junkie

What do you trap ********??? I do not really care if you can beat me. You may be able to. Let me finish law school and I will beat anything you have. Right now money is tight. But, racing is for fun, not for being a "dirty word."
Old 12-19-2003 | 12:21 AM
STF Veteran

NOOOOOO
don't tell him that

we've been over this with him in the past. he won't shut up about it for annother two pages.

man unit's head is gonna be spinning tomorrow. i've rarely seen a thread grow this fast. especially off topic.
Old 12-19-2003 | 12:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Umm, so port and polishing is getting you like 70RWHP???? Thats what it would have to give you in order to get you up to 320 or so RWHP.