Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Another race to tell you about...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I would feel honored, but I don't really know who you are...

I think you are confusing the '10 GTs with the '11 GTs. The ones that haven't come out yet. Those *should* run mid-high 12s without too much problem.
I wouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:26 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All we can do is see . But lighter than the SS, roughly the same power, and better gearing.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

All we can do is see . But lighter than the SS, roughly the same power, and better gearing.
I would say a solid high 12 car... Better drivers mid-high and worse drivers 13s and so on.

Just glad to see Ford stepping it up on the NA game.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
At this point I couldn't give a **** less what a stock LS1 or stock SOHC GT runs. About the only thing keeping me entertained is seeing what the special guy in the nitrous (50 shot) LT1 is going to race next.
I think it will likely be either an import or another stock GT. Well unless he really is special and tries to latch on to a Cobra or a modded F-body. I hear ya on the stock GT and stock LS1 stuff that **** is getting OLD.

Have they saiid what size tires will be on them? In stock trim I bet they will make a spectacular smoke show, I just don't foresee them putting enough tire under it. Simple fix but it will likely need to be fixed. I may be wrong though. The Pony car wars are definately looking to get interesting.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lambaro2806
you seem to have seen a lot of things.
are you saying it's not true?
And by overrated i mean that a lot of people were expecting it to be able to hit high 12's stock, where as most (to my knowledge) are mid to high 13's.
I've seen low 13s, and I have heard of a 13.0 flat. Not surprised if I see a 12.99. I never heard anyone say that the 2010 was a 12 tock car. You sure you don't have it confused with the 011? Which is a 12s car.
Theres a very good chance that you have run some old POS lt1's out there that give lt1's a worse name than they deserve.
No, stock, to slightly modded nice ones. What, you think stock LT1s are faster than stock 2v GTs?
I'm not saying that they are the quickest cars around, but I have personally beaten 4/5 mustangs i've raced (including the stock '10) and the one loss was to a full bolt on 02.
Is yours stock?
I cant see you beating an LT1 that is modded to the same level as your car
For one, mine isn't modded. And why not?
You should really stop nut swingin and learn to appreciate all cars
WTF? Just in a thread a few days ago where someone was calling LT1s junk, I replied claiming they weren't junk. I appreciate any decent car. Including the LT1. You shouldn't kneejerk before you know what is going on?
Old 01-27-2010, 06:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chavez885
I am sure of it assuming the LT1 isn't a rundown POS like most.
Of the 5 I raced, only 2 could be considered a bit "run down" looking. But they weren't on the insides. The rest were cherry.
They should be a really good race mod for mod at least in my experience. Unfortunately, all the ones I raced when I was bolt-ons got spanked, I assume they had shitty drivers as I am aware of what the 3V can do. Same goes for 2V valves
Old 01-27-2010, 06:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lemons12
Again, ask Sarge if he still thinks that.

11k will buy you mine.
So you running 8/9s in it?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lemons12
Again, ask Sarge if he still thinks that.

You ******* still volunteering me for **** when I'm barely around
Old 01-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ke^in

No, stock, to slightly modded nice ones. What, you think stock LT1s are faster than stock 2v GTs?
my car has never been completely stock since I bought it, and i dont understand why yours is given your obvious obsession with cars.

Your obnoxious perception that you know what you are talking about is also very irritating.
A 96/97 LT1 stock is faster than your car.
You claim to have beaten modded LT1s, but that just isnt possible unless their driver is awful or something is seriously wrong with the car, considering you run a 13.9...
Any modded LT1 not in the mid 13's is doing something very wrong, considering even the older LT1s break into the 13's stock.

100% stock 94 Z28 Camaro - 13.87 99.5mph 1.98 60'

fastest stock LT1 (to my knowledge)
1996 Chevrolet Camaro SS LT1 350 V8 13.46 106.48

I know the issue of stock cars has been beaten to death, but your claims about your stock 2002 GT dont add up, and your unwarranted frequency of posts and obvious desire to be liked on this board is pathetic and annoying to people like me who just enjoy reading kill stories and non biased comments.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lambaro2806
and i dont understand why yours is given your obvious obsession with cars.
Obsession with cars? No. It's a hobby. I bought a daily driver GT that I am going to mod when income taxes come in. I also have a wife and two kids to support
Your obnoxious perception that you know what you are talking about is also very irritating.
I have on many occasions in here made comments to the fact that if what I said, especially about LS1 cars is off, to please correct me. So your assertion that I always think I am "right" or what have you probably has more to do with your distorted view of who I am than the actual person I am.
A 96/97 LT1 stock is faster than your car.
Oh, so we see where the anger is coming from.

A stock LT1 is a drivers race with my car. Out of the 5 stockish ones I've run, not one has taken me. Does that make me awesome? Not hardly. Beating a stockish LT1 with a 2v GT isn't really bragging rights.
You claim to have beaten modded LT1s, but that just isnt possible unless their driver is awful or something is seriously wrong with the car,
considering you run a 13.9...
Don't care if you don't believe me. Said LT1 had a catback exhaust. Tell me, what exactly does that add in HP?
Any modded LT1 not in the mid 13's is doing something very wrong,
Read above. If you read the threads about said races, you'd know all of them but one was stock. And it had a catback. www.rif.org is your friend.
I know the issue of stock cars has been beaten to death, but your claims about your stock 2002 GT dont add up
Sure they do. And I've backed up my assertions. You claiming they simply don't add up doesn't add anything to the conversation.
and your unwarranted frequency of posts
I get bored at work sometimes, and type really fast. Don't like me? Put me on ignore
and obvious desire to be liked on this board
Projection. I doubt I'd be doing what I am doing if I had a desire to be "liked" on here. Stop being silly.
is pathetic and annoying to people like me who just enjoy reading kill stories and non biased comments.
I would say there isn't many non-biased comments in this part of the forum.

It's obvious from your post that me commenting on beating stock to slightly modded LT1s in my stock 2v is bothering your ego. Or this post, and your comments you made wouldn't have existed.

You talk about non-biased posts, but yours was hardly non-biased.

If you look throughout this forum, whenever a LS1 owner, or someone else starts bashing LT1s I usually take up for them.

I am sorry if you can't accept the fact I've beaten 5 LT1s in my stock 2v. It does very little for the actual facts though

Anyhow, if I annoy you that much, put me on ignore. Hearing me talk about beating LT1s in the future will only aggravate you more I am guessing?

Cause honestly I came into this forum to learn more about LSx cars because I like them. I'm not a Ford fanboy by any means. I'd take a vette over any ford out there.

I just saw some humorous fanboy goings on in here one day and decided to join in on the fun.

Last edited by Ke^in; 01-27-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Oh, so we see where the anger is coming from.

A stock LT1 is a drivers race with my car. Out of the 5 stockish ones I've run, not one has taken me. Does that make me awesome? Not hardly. Beating a stockish LT1 with a 2v GT isn't really bragging rights.

Don't care if you don't believe me. Said LT1 had a catback exhaust. Tell me, what exactly does that add in HP?

Anyhow, if I annoy you that much, put me on ignore. Hearing me talk about beating LT1s in the future will only aggravate you more I am guessing?
my magnaflow catback added 10 or 11 rwhp to my car.
The 93 that you ran may have lost more horsepower than that just from aging poorly.
If the other 4 were all stock then it is highly possible that you beat them, although i cant find any information about those races.
I consider my car lightly modded so when you say that you beat 5 lightly modded LT1's i had to object.
I agree that LT1 and 2v mustangs are very close to equal stock, with the LT typically having the advantage in torque and HP, and the stang having the gears and weight advantage.
Hopefully you run into a clean LT1 with a good driver so you can make a more fair assessment, since you seem to be a better than average driver yourself
Old 01-27-2010, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

I am sorry if you can't accept the fact I've beaten 5 LT1s in my stock 2v

Ive owened several LT1s(stock and full bolt on) and so has my friend who is also a member on here.I aslo have a few friends with mustangs.One them has a bolt on mach1 the other has a 2002 gt thats stock execept for a cat back and my nieghbor has a 2001 full bolt on gt....ive drove my friends stock 02 gt and all i can say is WOW WHAT A ******* TURD!!!!!!!!!! .....I'll say you may have found a LT1 that was treated like some crack head ***** with a **** poor driver and did beat it,but if they was a decent driver with a decently taken care of car you'd got your *** handed to you.....i think your making this **** up.lets see some video or something.much as you post on here you should be....oh and ive drove a 2009 gt brand new still on the lot.talked the salesman into letting me test drive it.... its slow as my friends 2002.they need to put those fat bitches on a diet!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

^^^ they weigh a little less than f bodys
Old 01-27-2010, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1994t/a
. its slow as my friends 2002.they need to put those fat bitches on a diet!
No, it is not.. It would walk a stock lt1 or simple bolt ons (intake/exhaust). They are a decent run for an ls1.. Of course as the speeds get higher they drop back faster... But so does an lt1.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:13 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, too many tards here basing what they "know" off SOTP bullshit.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Addict

OK, how many people here can understand that the basis for the S197 Mustang's chassis came from the Lincoln LS? There's a reason why it doesn't feel as quick as your 4th gen, fox, 3rd gen, etc.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

No, it is not.. It would walk a stock lt1 or simple bolt ons (intake/exhaust). They are a decent run for an ls1.. Of course as the speeds get higher they drop back faster... But so does an lt1.
well stock mach1s are supposed to be a decent run for a stock ls1 from what everyone says...ive saw a my friends bolt-on lt1 vs another friends bolt on mach1 race.the lt1 won by 2-3 car lengths.both of them are VERY good drivers and made good runs so there was no driver error....far as i can tell the 4.6s just dont make the power no matter if its a 2v or a 3v...only way to make one run is forced induction far as my opinon.....the new 5.0s coming out might be a diffrent story though.might get back to some real
Old 01-27-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1994t/a
well stock mach1s are supposed to be a decent run for a stock ls1 from what everyone says...ive saw a my friends bolt-on lt1 vs another friends bolt on mach1 race.the lt1 won by 2-3 car lengths.both of them are VERY good drivers and made good runs so there was no driver error....far as i can tell the 4.6s just dont make the power no matter if its a 2v or a 3v...only way to make one run is forced induction far as my opinon.....the new 5.0s coming out might be a diffrent story though.might get back to some real
No ifs ands or buts... The mach1 had something wrong with it. Period. There is no arguing that, well you can but its wrong.

That would mean that the lt1 could race an ls1 with the same exact mods and put around 1 length or tie with an ls1.. And we know what happens once exhaust/intake/tune get added to an lt1 and ls1.. The gap widens more and more for every mod that they get.

Just not SUPPOSED to happen. Anything can happen, but mach 1s on average are faster than lt1s. I know of a mach 1 with exhaust that raced an lt1 with exhaust/lid/373s/handheld tune and the mach put around 2 on him.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:13 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, a bolt-on Mach 1 is a solid 12s car, with trapspeeds nearing 108-110mph depending on your definition of "bolt-on."
Old 01-27-2010, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, a bolt-on Mach 1 is a solid 12s car, with trapspeeds nearing 108-110mph depending on your definition of "bolt-on."
Mach1:4:11 gears,full exhaust,tune,underdrive pullies,pro 5.0 shifter,factory mach1 intake...basic bolt-ons.

93 Z28:3.73 gears,full exhaust,tune,automatic car with a shift kit,moroso cold air intake....basic bolt ons

That would mean that the lt1 could race an ls1 with the same exact mods and put around 1 length or tie with an ls1.. And we know what happens once exhaust/intake/tune get added to an lt1 and ls1.. The gap widens more and more for every mod that they get.
we arent compairing lt1 to ls1....thats like comparing apples to oranges lol

Quick Reply: Another race to tell you about...