Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why i dont like ricers, and love Cubic Inches

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
Ahhh.. You are a bit more modded than the ones I have been able to get my hands on, at the track or on the street. Probably a better driver as well!

That sucks ***, I haven't had any problems yet. *Knock on wood...

I'm expecting 7.1s on motor on the 21st and 6.6Xs on nitrous. I'm sure the rear is going to go though when I spray it. If it holds and I don't blow through the converter I would love to see some 6.4Xs, but that is pushing it.. We will see!
I'm hoping to get down to the 6.6 range on slicks and kill mode myself. My buddy has already done it on the same exact set of rims/tires, but he's making a lot more power than me.

Good luck with your car.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
I'm hoping to get down to the 6.6 range on slicks and kill mode myself. My buddy has already done it on the same exact set of rims/tires, but he's making a lot more power than me.

Good luck with your car.
Sounds like you got a nice EVO man, hope you hit the goal!
Old 01-30-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

Last time I checked should of had it in 3rd. No real need to go to 140 but I guess if he was hanging then yeah.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Theres a lot of EVOs that would disagree. And while i do love my instant all motor power, an EVO has always been a tempting choice, and definitaly the smarter one for me as where i live there are only 2 months a year when it is dry AND warm at the same time lol
Even with a EVO, after you put a ****-ton of mods into it, do the same to the 8cyl and the EVO has nowhere else to go.
Originally Posted by dsmfan95
No doubt that displacement has the advantage, but I've held my own against LS1's.
Stock ones no doubt.
I am quite a bit more modded then your typical 4banger though.
Exactly my point. What I am saying is, you take all your mods you have, and put the same type of mods on a v8, even a 2v, you aren't going to be beating them. Mod for mod 4cyl vs 8cyl the 8 will come out on top.
Originally Posted by lemons12
I don't care if they disagree or not. Once you get to the track their precious AWD advantage is out the door and they are a disadvantage with the power being robbed down the track.
Bingo, That AWD is great for launching.. and that' about it. Stoplight races etc.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Even with a EVO, after you put a ****-ton of mods into it, do the same to the 8cyl and the EVO has nowhere else to go.

Stock ones no doubt.

Yet I am sure you had to mod your car to be as fast as one.

Exactly my point. What I am saying is, you take all your mods you have, and put the same type of mods on a v8, even a 2v, you aren't going to be beating them. Mod for mod 4cyl vs 8cyl the 8 will come out on top.

Bingo, That AWD is great for launching.. and that' about it. Stoplight races etc.
Running the times he is running he would embarrass 95% of H/C ls1s..

A new evo would murder a 2v and put a hurting on most average stock ls1s. They have been known to hit high 12s on occasion and low-mid 13s quite often. On the street it would be dumb to run one and even at the track in bone stock trims with both platforms.. Once a sticky tire gets put on though the playing field is level again.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:08 AM
11 Second Club

Kevin, stop pulling stupid ricer ****. You can't talk **** about other peoples mods until you're out of the 13s, if you're even in them.

Especially when he has a worthless modded 4cyl that would run circles around your pile.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:17 AM
TECH Regular

A new evo would murder a 2v and put a hurting on most average stock ls1s.
Then I must have been driving a different EVO. What does the NEW one have different than the old one?

I'll admit I am not that big of a Lancer/EVO fan. Last time I saw the EVOs run at the track (probably older models) they were hitting 14s.

I apologize to said EVO owner in there then. I obviously have no clue when it comes to EVOs.

I think it's funny that the car that LOOKS like a sports car, the Eclipse, is slow as all get out, but the EVO is fast, and it's a sedan. ***-backwards there a bit. But then again the EVO was made for a different type of racing I guess.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yes, but not stock as I was saying. He said he could take LS1s etc. I mentioned he'd have to get modded to do so.

Then I must have been driving a different EVO. What does the NEW one have different than the old one?

I'll admit I am not that big of a Lancer/EVO fan. Last time I saw the EVOs run at the track (probably older models) they were hitting 14s.
I doubt he cares that he could or couldn't beat a stock ls1 when he was stock.. He would run circles around one now and that is what matters. He is already very modded so you telling him he couldn't is kinda dumb.

You probably were. I don't have a clue what is different, all I know is what they are capable of running. http://www.google.com/

They have been in the 13s for quite a while.. And they are mean as **** on the street for stock cars. They lose steam up top real fast though, especially through the AWD.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:20 AM
TECH Regular

Re-read my post. I edited it after looking at stats.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think it's funny that the car that LOOKS like a sports car, the Eclipse, is slow as all get out, but the EVO is fast, and it's a sedan. ***-backwards there a bit. But then again the EVO was made for a different type of racing I guess.
They don't do too bad either.. Look at ^^^ Evo.. Running mid-high 6s@ I'm sure 125mph or so on the stock motor.. Pretty impressive for a car not made for that kind of racing.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:53 AM
TECH Regular

Oh yeah I am sure they are doing fine. I'd love to have a AWD turbo'd car for winter. That would be a blast. I am looking at used WRXs right now for a beater in the winter.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:59 AM
Teching In

I apologize to said EVO owner in there then. I obviously have no clue when it comes to EVOs.

I ran 13.1 @ 104 on a 1.83 60ft bone stock. Which is quicker than your average owner. Hell, I've seen modded ones run slower times.

Your 03-04 models usually trap 99-101ish, 05's hit 103-105, 06's have hit up to 107 stock (very rare). This is all dependent on the driver though.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:29 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah.. I was mistaken about the performance of the new EVOs. Not a big fan of the styling of the EVO. But they seem darn fast.

I just wish Mits would have put it on a different body.

I loved the early 4wd turbo eclipses. Those cars are what got me into cars in the 90s.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

My buddy had a white 03 MR running 12.5 on street tires with your basic CAI, exhaust, boost controller, and tune. Impressive little cars.

He now has an 08 (newer body style) MR and is looking into modding it. They sure in hell are fun to drive. I used to be a big DSM guy
Old 01-31-2010, 07:31 AM
TECH Regular

What is funny is, those old DSMs, and the more recent neon SRT-4 remind me a lot of each other. Mitz and Dodge shared a lot of the same parts.

I remember loving the Eagle Talon.

We need more sexy AWD coupes like that again. I just don't like sedans. No offense to the dsmfan.

The WRX and EVO just look like boxy sedans that have been modded.

A AWD turbo Hyndai Tiburon would be sweet.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dodge and Mitsubishi shared their parts for virtually every car. Mitsubishi Raider pickup --- Dodge Dakota... my Eclipse has the same engine thats in the 03 neons. Same tranny, etc.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:42 AM
TECH Regular

Speaking of Neons, I just had a sleeper one WASTE me on the road last week. It was a 1stgen with a SRT-4 engine/turbo swap and a bunch of upgrades. I've ALWAYS been a closet Neon fan. I had two 99 R/Ts at different times. They were not fast by any means (I ran a 15.7 with a CAI with mine) Not bad for a 2.0l DOHC 4cyl with no boost. I stopped and talked to the guy and he said he ran low to mid 13s depending on the day. It was a black coupe that looked completely stock. Even down to the hubcapped wheels.

Talk about a sleeper. He says he messes with Camaros all the time.

Got to give him props.

A 1st gen Neon weighs barely ANYTHING. It weighs lot less than the SRT-4 does that's for sure.

I liked the 1st gens better than the second.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Dodge and Mitsubishi shared their parts for virtually every car. Mitsubishi Raider pickup --- Dodge Dakota... my Eclipse has the same engine thats in the 03 neons. Same tranny, etc.
The non-turbo 95-99 Eclipse and the Dodge Avenger were pretty much identical cars. The stitching on the seats were a little different, but other than that the interior was the same.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:04 AM
TECH Regular

The Dodge Avenger only LOOKED fast. That thing was SUCH a dog. The V6 version didn't even come with a 5spd option.

The DOHC Neons were faster than the Avenger.

My best friend at the time when the Avengers first came out got one. I had a DOHC 5spd Neon. he was going on how he could take me because he had a 6cyl, and I only had a 4cyl.

EVERY TIME we'd race I always smeared him badly. He kept telling people I was running nitrous and lying about it.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Trans Am Jam
damn if headers and catback get you that much hp ..then I must be doing something wrong.
Yeah i was thinkin the same thing lol