Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why i dont like ricers, and love Cubic Inches

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Finkle06
Yes, the ugliest civic of the planet. Now what? Want me to find you a pretty one? Post up some pics of yor car. Jesus, i'm not comparing civics to the almighty LS1. Obviously a car with 40 somthing years of racing heratige can beat a stock Honda with a 1/3 of the displacement. I think you guys just live around a bunch of dumbass ricers that dont know what their doing and give imports a bad name.

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/g...t=SD531348.flv

It is not the ones that live around me or them.. You show me one honda in the 11s and I will show you 100 american muscle cars, if not more. Hell 12s for that matter.
They aren't all dumb asses, it is just extremely hard to make those cars quick. No 12s aren't quick, nor 11s..
Old 01-29-2010, 03:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

My RSX (same motor as a new Si for all you hillbillies out there) ran 14.2 @ 100 with an intake and a flashed ecu. Intake manifold, header, 4.7 f.d put it well into the 13s. And this was a stock looking, stock sounding car with full interior. With cams and a 2.4 block a stock LS1 WILL get beat, especially from a roll. And as far as "pouring 10K into a 4 cylinder" goes... you would be amazed how far 3k goes with an Evo. Dont get me wrong, I love my Z28. But i'm an automotive enthusiast, not a fanboy.
At least the honda looks good when its slow. More than I can say for Mustangs. Hell, you guys were the easiest targets. When I sold my 5.0 I had a Newyears style celebration LOL. I'm just saying... Technology is catching up with displacement.
What do you expect saying things like that; Oh well, I just believe this guy is right; you look a lot better beeing slow in a Honda and modding an RSX will beat up on a LSx
Old 01-29-2010, 03:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes, the ugliest civic of the planet. Now what? Want me to find you a pretty one? Post up some pics of yor car. Jesus, i'm not comparing civics to the almighty LS1. Obviously a car with 40 somthing years of racing heratige can beat a stock Honda with a 1/3 of the displacement. I think you guys just live around a bunch of dumbass ricers that dont know what their doing and give imports a bad name.
Why dont you post up YOUR 12sec timeslip.

BTW Lot of imports are tastefully done around here, but theyre all slow. Nothing compared to the crap you showed us.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
And the award for avoiding the most questions/comments goes to..... FINKLE!

The relevance of "your friends" pile of **** civic racing an LT1 to your RSX running 12s is astounding.
Your lack of reading comprehension skills is astounding. Read the post... My car was somewhere in the 13s. Why dont I have an exact number? Because I really dont care. The car isn't made for drag racing. I said the motor from my RSX should be doing 12s this coming season. Its in a 93? Civic coupe. Allow me to put this in terms that you hillbillies can understand: I will gladly challenge any stock LS1 to a drag race.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Your lack of reading comprehension skills is astounding. Read the post... My car was somewhere in the 13s. Why dont I have an exact number? Because I really dont care. The car isn't made for drag racing. I said the motor from my RSX should be doing 12s this coming season. Its in a 93? Civic coupe. Allow me to put this in terms that you hillbillies can understand: I will gladly challenge any stock LS1 to a drag race.
Somewhere in the 13s? Did you ever take it to the strip?

Should be in the 12s? Did it ever even have a 13 second time slip? What are you basing this off of?

Hillbillies? Thats a lame *** "smack talk" term. Because we bought a car that is notorious for being a KILLER (if not the best) platform to mod on, especially for as little as you put into it, that makes us hillbillies?

Congrats, taking a modded car and racing it against a stock car. Why don't we do stock for stock or mod for mod? Thats right, it wouldn't be fair. Not our damn fault you are working with 4 cylinders and we have 3 times the displacement. We are just hillbillies.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dude... seriously?

Drag racing a Honda/Acura (expensive Honda) is like competing in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded...
Old 01-29-2010, 03:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
Somewhere in the 13s? Did you ever take it to the strip?

Should be in the 12s? Did it ever even have a 13 second time slip? What are you basing this off of?

Hillbillies? Thats a lame *** "smack talk" term. Because we bought a car that is notorious for being a KILLER (if not the best) platform to mod on, especially for as little as you put into it, that makes us hillbillies?

Congrats, taking a modded car and racing it against a stock car. Why don't we do stock for stock or mod for mod? Thats right, it wouldn't be fair. Not our damn fault you are working with 4 cylinders and we have 3 times the displacement. We are just hillbillies.
Well i have some timeslips showing that my camaro is faster than yours, since thats the only thing you seem to understand. (no, im not getting them out of the car tonight) I know the damn things are fast, thats why I have one. The fact that you put your car on a pedestal and compare it to STOCK HONDAS and your overall lack of open-mindedness is what makes you a hillbilly. You defend your car like its your damn child.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well i have some timeslips showing that my camaro is faster than yours, since thats the only thing you seem to understand. (no, im not getting them out of the car tonight) I know the damn things are fast, thats why I have one. The fact that you put your car on a pedestal and compare it to STOCK HONDAS and your overall lack of open-mindedness is what makes you a hillbilly. You defend your car like its your damn child.
What does it run? You don't know what my car runs.

Fast!?! Not stock they aren't, thats for sure.. I never once put my car on a pedestal. I also never compared MY car to a stock honda. You started talking about honda this and honda that. If you want to talk about modded hondas, why can't I talk about modded LsXs?

I actually have a very open mind about the difference performance platforms. I rarely look into imports because I never see anything on the street that catches my attention. Waste of money IMO.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Waste of money IMO.
x2! I used to be a DSM guy... So much money just to get the bastards into the 12's.. now I have my **** and its barely any money whatsoever.. I just took conservative route and built up the driveline first
Old 01-29-2010, 04:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Dude... seriously?

Drag racing a Honda/Acura (expensive Honda) is like competing in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded...
The offer applys to your slow LT1 too. ****, i'll race that beater with my DD.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

What does your Z28 run?
Old 01-29-2010, 04:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why don't you race it with your RSX? I thought it was fast? Bahaha, my sig is a little deceiving
Old 01-29-2010, 04:16 AM
Launching!

If I bought this for my DD would you ride in it?

Old 01-29-2010, 04:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Are you going to try to find a time slip that is faster than the times in my sig? Or are you just going to act like I didn't say anything at all?
Old 01-29-2010, 04:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are you going to try to find a time slip that is faster than the times in my sig? Or are you just going to act like I didn't say anything at all?
He "locked his keys in his car", thats why he can't get it...

Lol talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight..

lemons12's car is no joke
Old 01-29-2010, 04:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

He "locked his keys in his car", thats why he can't get it...

Lol talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight..

lemons12's car is no joke
I wouldn't be surprised after some of the stuff I have been reading lately.

Thanks man, it doesn't do bad for a full weight DD with a baby 226 cam and ls6 intake. Still has a way to go though!
Old 01-29-2010, 04:25 AM
11 Second Club

I like ricers. I think they're cool.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks man, it doesn't do bad for a full weight DD with a baby 226 cam and ls6 intake. Still has a way to go though!
Either way for the power levels you are making you are running the good slip. I'm working on a SR 355 over here. We'll see how that goes.

The rest of my money I have in investments for a nice C6 after college

Let me know how your car progresses
Old 01-29-2010, 04:29 AM
Teching In

What does your Z28 run?
It runs decent... I'll tell ya what. I'm going to nashville in a few months. Ironicly enough, i'm going to an import show to prove to the ricers that LS1s aren't all hype. Anyway, Ill give you some dates and maybe we can line up. I'm on a 275 bfg, cam, 4400ss, 273 gear. And the owner of "the ugliest civic on earth" will prolly be with me, so you can tell him yourself. Too bad this "my dick is bigger than yours" conversation didn't happen a few weeks ago... I was in TN
Old 01-29-2010, 04:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Either way for the power levels you are making you are running the good slip. I'm working on a SR 355 over here. We'll see how that goes.

The rest of my money I have in investments for a nice C6 after college

Let me know how your car progresses
Yea, dyno numbers are just that... Numbers.

Wish I could get a C6Z, those things are sick.

Will do man.

It runs decent... I'll tell ya what. I'm going to nashville in a few months. Ironicly enough, i'm going to an import show to prove to the ricers that LS1s aren't all hype. Anyway, Ill give you some dates and maybe we can line up. I'm on a 275 bfg, cam, 4400ss, 273 gear. And the owner of "the ugliest civic on earth" will prolly be with me, so you can tell him yourself. Too bad this "my dick is bigger than yours" conversation didn't happen a few weeks ago... I was in TN
So hold on... Are you trying to tell me you haven't even ran it yet? You will need a bit more than BFGs 273s and cam only unless you are in a tin can.
I think you are all talk. Not only will you not get a time slip, you won't even say what it runs.