Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why i dont like ricers, and love Cubic Inches

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 04:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Say what it runs? I'm volunteering to come to your state, in street trim, and drag your ****. How does it get any better than that? And my 273 works just fine, thank you. Its prolly gonna be a 342 by the next time i'm in TN.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Finkle06
Say what it runs? I'm volunteering to come to your state, in street trim, and drag your ****. How does it get any better than that? And my 273 works just fine, thank you. Its prolly gonna be a 342 by the next time i'm in TN.
Yes...... Say what it runs. Is it some top secret setup? I know what a normal setup like your car is capable of, and above average. I'm just curious where your car sits.

Come to my state, I will be in street trim as well... We will see who drags who.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

My setup is: 01 LS1, 230/235 112lsa, flowtech LTs, ORY, Corsa midpipe, SS4400. Thanks in advance.

If you are anywhere near that setup still, even with the 342s..
You might as well not show up, it will be a complete waste of time. You would be lucky to run mid 7s and thats me giving you the benefit of the doubt. You are about half a second off.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
Yes...... Say what it runs. Is it some top secret setup? I know what a normal setup like your car is capable of, and above average. I'm just curious where your car sits.

Come to my state, I will be in street trim as well... We will see who drags who.
Now were talkin! Its a 00 Z, almost full weight, intake, lid, 4400ss, cam, cutout, nos progressive kit. Oh, and my trans and rear end have 152,000 miles on em. Ill post some pics when the foot of snow melts off my car.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Now were talkin! Its a 00 Z, almost full weight, intake, lid, 4400ss, cam, cutout, nos progressive kit. Oh, and my trans and rear end have 152,000 miles on em. Ill post some pics when the foot of snow melts off my car.
Don't waste your time coming to run me, you will get drug up and down.

By saying letting the snow melt are you insinuating that your car is a DD and mine is not? Kind of hard for it not to be a DD when it is my only means of transportation.
Also, does 150k miles mean it is faster than it really runs?

I give you 7.6@89mph on motor and 6.8s@102mph on the spray, depending on how much you spray and if you rear/trans hold up. Like I said, you would get drug.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:09 AM
Teching In

No, I'm insinuating that my car is outside, and its snowing. Pretty straight forward. I dont care if its a daily driver. My car isnt my DD, but I put about 4000 miles on this month.

None of this 1/8th mile BS either. A full race.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

None of this 1/8th mile BS either. A full race.
I'm not driving almost 3 hours to the 1/4 mile strip when I can drag your *** at the 1/8 that is 45 minutes from me. It will be bad enough the outcome would be obvious for a roll dig 1/8 1/4, doesn't matter.

I'm done with it... If you still want it when you come down just send me a PM. We can do it at the Hill next to Nashville.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:16 AM
Launching!

make it more interesting throw in some cash or even better do it for pinkslips and videotape it I dont ever in my life plan on being in TN lol
Old 01-29-2010, 05:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SixShooterCam
make it more interesting throw in some cash or even better do it for pinkslips and videotape it I dont ever in my life plan on being in TN lol
I'd rather put cash on never hearing from him.. Much better chance of getting something out of it.. Or hell, put money on that and winning. That way if I lose money for him actually coming, I win it back when we run.

This **** is funny.. A poorly set up cam only car calling me out.. What is even more funny is he is going off the times in my sig! I'm sure he doesn't care that I will spray him either, I'm sure he will me. Don't know if you caught it buddy, but that was a 7.40 on motor and 2400 DA, done a few little things here and there since then.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemons12
The "all around nicer car" or "holds its value more" and "it wasn't that fast but a nice car" comments get you nothing on this board. Not being a dick, just a heads up.

98% of us care about straight line performance and nothing more, we don't need navigation/heated seats/etc etc etc...
And hate to break it, but no 4 cyl. or V6 is going to hang when the modding starts, period. There is no replacement for displacement. When is the last time you saw a cams only 4 cyl. in the mid 11s?

"Just saying"..
Or a plug in **** sucker.......
Old 01-29-2010, 10:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Awsome kill,

you beat a Civic

keep any eye out, maybe you can find a Hyundai, and Kia, Aveo, Smart car to
race also.
Now those would be some truly awesome killzzzzsss
Old 01-29-2010, 10:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 6.0 silverado
Wow. Way many teenagers in here have been watching Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. Then they go put on some fart cans and stickers and call it a day.
Hey, get it straight,
fart cans are worth at least 50hp, and each sticker is good for 3hp!
What else do you need?
1 fart can
20 stickers
= 110hp
plus vtec of course=100hp

Old 01-29-2010, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SixShooterCam
What's wrong with Tennessee, fgt.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

It runs decent... I'll tell ya what. I'm going to nashville in a few months. Ironicly enough, i'm going to an import show to prove to the ricers that LS1s aren't all hype. Anyway, Ill give you some dates and maybe we can line up. I'm on a 275 bfg, cam, 4400ss, 273 gear. And the owner of "the ugliest civic on earth" will prolly be with me, so you can tell him yourself. Too bad this "my dick is bigger than yours" conversation didn't happen a few weeks ago... I was in TN
I would refuse to talk or even stop to have a chat with plp owning a car like this; They ARE the whats wrong in the modded world. You must not have any pride at all to own a car like that and go around and ask for challenge against any clean Camaro. I'm sure you will go to this import meeting and loose on purpose so ricer's pride isnt hurt.

The LS1 arent all hype lol. Skyline/GTR/Supra are all hype. You must put a fortune into it so its fast. You should sell your LSx, you dont even seems to like the car.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
I would refuse to talk or even stop to have a chat with plp owning a car like this; They ARE the whats wrong in the modded world. You must not have any pride at all to own a car like that and go around and ask for challenge against any clean Camaro. I'm sure you will go to this import meeting and loose on purpose so ricer's pride isnt hurt.

The LS1 arent all hype lol. Skyline/GTR/Supra are all hype. You must put a fortune into it so its fast. You should sell your LSx, you dont even seems to like the car.
A fortune? Really? How much we talking about here? I didnt know I spent a fortune to go fast.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Teching In

Yea, this site is the biggest bunch of nutswingers and fanboys ever. And all this time I thought ricers were the ignorant ones. All I was saying is that a modified Honda will beat a stock LS1. If you can't accept that then you really need to get with the times.

Johnystock: you are whats wrong with the modded world, you f*cking dumb kanook. You dont appreciate any cars except for the ones that go fast in straight lines. I'm supposed to sell my car because its not as fast as meat heads car? Making an LS1 fast doesn't take much. If I wanted to go faster, I'd go faster. But I enjoy driving my car the way it is. As far as making a GTR fast... They are doing 10s with bolt ons. More than I can say for your magical f-body.

Lemons12: I'll be down there. How bout you grow a pair, grab your VHT and we race on the street? And yes, my 1/8th times match yours... with a 1.8 60". Never sprayed it at the track. I'm not sure if i'll win, but i'll spend $50-$100 to find out. Then I'd like to bet on the fact that you straight up BITCH OUT to the rice burners i'm with. I want to get that on video so I can post it on LS1nutswingers.com.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, this site is the biggest bunch of nutswingers and fanboys ever. And all this time I thought ricers were the ignorant ones. All I was saying is that a modified Honda will beat a stock LS1. If you can't accept that then you really need to get with the times.

Johnystock: you are whats wrong with the modded world, you f*cking dumb kanook. You dont appreciate any cars except for the ones that go fast in straight lines. I'm supposed to sell my car because its not as fast as meat heads car? Making an LS1 fast doesn't take much. If I wanted to go faster, I'd go faster. But I enjoy driving my car the way it is. As far as making a GTR fast... They are doing 10s with bolt ons. More than I can say for your magical f-body.

Lemons12: I'll be down there. How bout you grow a pair, grab your VHT and we race on the street? And yes, my 1/8th times match yours... with a 1.8 60". Never sprayed it at the track. I'm not sure if i'll win, but i'll spend $50-$100 to find out. Then I'd like to bet on the fact that you straight up BITCH OUT to the rice burners i'm with. I want to get that on video so I can post it on LS1nutswingers.com.
If you don't like this site, you are more than welcome to leave

As far as imports with performance, duh it doesn't take too much to make a GTR or Evo to perform well. I would hope my ~$80,000 car (GTR) performs as well as it is supposed to, I paid $80k for it. As far as GTRs, I've driven one... In a straight line, its fun, but at ~4000lbs (like the new Camaro), I don't think it handles well at all. I would much rather take a z06 then a solely computer controlled overweight car that involves little actual driver involvement.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FEARSM
A fortune? Really? How much we talking about here? I didnt know I spent a fortune to go fast.
The cost of your car is a fortune compare to the cost of my car, but thats a fact and I'm not better because my car cost less. Maybe I dont have the dough for a modded Supra. Anyway I dont wanna turn this into a car+$+mod equation because its worthless plus I think Supra/Skyline/GTR are nice car, just that the average ricer think it has 1000hp from factory.

Poor you...still talking about the modified Honda vs stock LS1 Like I would say my modded LS1 will kick the butt of the stock GTR...and the imaginary modded GTR(like your 12s RSX) you seem to talk about. My modded LS1 is faster, am I trying to prove its better, no.

BTW, a stock fbody will handle the curves like a real sport car and it has the power to go fast inline. It can do BOTH.

I think the domestic cars have fantastic V8 sound and performance potential for the price. I can appreciate any well modded import car, but I would never buy one.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
If you don't like this site, you are more than welcome to leave

As far as imports with performance, duh it doesn't take too much to make a GTR or Evo to perform well. I would hope my ~$80,000 car performs as well as it is supposed to. As far as GTRs, I've driven one... In a straight line, its fun, but at ~4000lbs (like the new Camaro), I don't think it handles well at all. I would much rather take a z06 then a solely computer controlled overweight car that involves little actual driver involvement.
Yeah, you would be a lot happier into a honduh site. You wouldnt have to argue that a modded Honduh is better than a stock LS1...crawl back under the rock you came from, troll.

...and that resume nicely what is the GTR all about.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
As far as GTRs, I've driven one... In a straight line, its fun, but at ~4000lbs (like the new Camaro), I don't think it handles well at all. I would much rather take a z06 then a solely computer controlled overweight car that involves little actual driver involvement.
really ?