Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My Camaro VS a S2000 on Nitrous (2 Vids)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Killemall
man I raced a supercharged S2000 that had 350 rwhp...I was in a stock 410 rwhp 1999 viper and it was very very very close...Finally pulled two cars on the guy at like 140 mph..

Those cars can be very fast with very little
No, they can't. Building an engine for boost then supercharging it- along with all the other mods no doubt installed- IS NOT 'very little'. From what I've read, the S2000 stock engines are way to high compression and weak bottom ended for a supercharger to work at the needed 10+psi that 350rwhp would require. ??
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=120
http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/08...kit/index.html

(^^also looked at other sites besides these while I researched it^^.)

Seems to be 290-310rwhp where they can live without grenading at WOT. You S2000 guys would know better than me: am I about right?
Old 07-02-2010, 06:24 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's all in the tune... they have forged internals stock, and from what I've seen ~400rwhp is easy. There have been as high as 701rwhp on stock motor.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
No, they can't. Building an engine for boost then supercharging it- along with all the other mods no doubt installed- IS NOT 'very little'. From what I've read, the S2000 stock engines are way to high compression and weak bottom ended for a supercharger to work at the needed 10+psi that 350rwhp would require. ??
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=120
http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/08...kit/index.html

(^^also looked at other sites besides these while I researched it^^.)

Seems to be 290-310rwhp where they can live without grenading at WOT. You S2000 guys would know better than me: am I about right?
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It's all in the tune... they have forged internals stock, and from what I've seen ~400rwhp is easy. There have been as high as 701rwhp on stock motor.
+1 for the tune. They are forged internals and i have a lot of friends with S2000s, a few plan to boost and they did their homework and it almost seems too good to be true for 2.2 liters how mch power it could take.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bongva
wouldve been a better race if the s2k had a driver mod
I just now saw this video for the first time and could not agree with you more. The s2k was never going to win the race but it should have been MUCH closer. I've stated before somewhere on this site that in my friend's 01 Cobra with exhaust and 4.10's I only pulled about a door on an s2k with intake and exhaust from a ~30-90 roll. That Cobra is a low to mid 13 car so I know a 55 shot for the s2k should make that thing be able to hang with high 12 cars from a roll...especially when racing an auto car from a roll.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:53 PM
***Repost Police***

The top being down didn't help either.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Resident

The top being down didn't help either.
Before my friend traded in CR we always debated whether the weight reduction running without the hardtop was worth it for the worse aero haha
Old 07-04-2010, 03:34 PM
***Repost Police***

Just having the hardtop instead of the softop saves ~150lbs... I doubt there is any benefit to running without a top on at all.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Just having the hardtop instead of the softop saves ~150lbs... I doubt there is any benefit to running without a top on at all.
Most likely true but it was pretty stout, no way could it be taken off with only one person.

However even with the weight difference and it being stock it lost many times to non CRs, also AP2s, dig or roll.

From a dig it would always outlaunch...well most any RWD cars cause of the tires but once it got going a stock AP2 would catch up and pass it.

The closest we ever got to figuring that out is that the DBW system in the CRs was holding it back somehow. Just like (some clutch part) was not letting it hook at the track and spinning the clutch instead of the wheels.

lol i feel like a dumbasss for not knowing what the clutch part is called, i helped remove it from my friends E46 M3 not too long ago even haha