Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

mild bolt on srt10 viper vs cammed C6Z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010 | 05:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fadi
Couple of things...

1) A cammed Z06 making 520 rwhp is TOTALLY believable. That is what these cas make with a mild cam, bolt ons, and a tune. My Katech car made 508 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno and 530 on a Dynojet. So, 520 is where it should be.

2) A 520 rwhp Z06 will run away from a 480 rwhp Viper (when properly driven)

3) Killemall, you are a freaking HOUSE. I didn't know you were into working out. BEAST! (at least from some pics that I saw on the alley)

1) He ays his car is 505 rwhp SAE..Wich for the very minor mods is impressive

2) I origionally dynoed the viper at Rads auto sports when it had intake/roller rockers and it dynoed 430 rwhp SAE..I was pissed and explained to the guy that this would mean my car was 415 rwhp sae when stock and that his dyno numbers were too low as 430 rwhp would be the lowest dynoing srt10 with two bolt ons in the country...A week later I took the same car with the same intake/roller rockers to BSM performance and put down 459 rwhp........Well 3 months ago the car was agin dynoed at Rads auto sports and with intake/roller rockers/no cats/titanium exhaust put down 462 rwhp...

this is why I assume that the car will dyno 490 sae on the dyno at BSM performance So 490 rwhp when we raced and maybe 500 rwhp now with the tune..Will dyno at BSM performance soon....I beleave BSM is were the C6Z06 was dynoed as well..

3) Im 5'8" and 230 pounds......I look more like a football player than body builder these days..It sucks..I had got down to 202 pounds 6 months ago and was looking better than ever...But at 30 years old it is very hard to keep the weight down like I could at 22
Old 03-04-2010 | 05:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
traumatization at its finest...LOL.

seriously stop thinking about me

you created this monster..Not me..Come on you cant post vids of a stock Z06 runnin door to door with a heads and bolt on 2008 Viper and expect people not to bring your name up..

Your famous Bro...or Infamous...Im sure your vids get talked about on alot of forums....
Old 03-04-2010 | 05:44 PM
Launching!

posted by obzidian

"That is true... but this is not a typical cammed z06... it made 515rwhp STD WITHOUT Headers/X-pipe. 505rwhp SAE so this is not a typically running Z06 with a mild cam. Personally, I might have gone with a different cam that WILL make more power and drive just as good, if not a tad better than that street bully but that is just me.

Exactly, even a mildy cammed z06 will run away from a bolt-on 03-06 Viper... thus my reason behind finding out WHY the results weren't exactly that."

Like I said we only got 3 good runs...The first runwas on a straight road and we started at the same time and I pulled away...Thats the video were I say.."I actually got him"

The second race he obliterated me by 3 cars...

The third race he pulled a car and I stayed right their from 40-100 mph were I redlined second gear..You can here it in the vid..

The problem with all these races is that I was so concerned with haveing less than 25 seconds of footage on my cell phone vids ( anything over 25 seconds and the file is to big to send to my computer...

That they were all just second gear roll ons and I only get up to around 100 mph in second gear..

30-100 mph is no way to know what car is actually faster...

Next time 40-120 in third would be very nice or screw it both in fourth gear from 60-150 !!!!!!!!

This will be clear cut and my moneys on the "MILD" cammed Z06
Old 03-04-2010 | 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like fun!!

Cannot wait to see the runs!