Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Beat a Cobra 'vert twice, 75-120

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 05:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
So you shifted at 4,200rpms into 6th gear and beat a Cobra?

Sorry, it was either a really slow GT or a V6. Any DOHC Cobra is going to pull on a bolt on LS1 shifting at 4,200rpms.
It was definitely a V8. I think we can chalk this up to driver error - during the second race, he shifted before I did at just over 100 MPH, while I stayed in 5th until 110.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skorpion317
It's no problem. No offense taken.

I decided to replicate the conditions of the race on my way home from work tonight. I started at 75 MPH in 5th gear, and accelerated to 110 (roughly where I shifted into 6th during the race). I actually watched the RPMs this time - I shifted around 4200-4300 RPM. During the race, I wasn't really paying attention to the tach, I glanced at it right before I shifted and probably thought the needle was moving quicker than it actually was. Sorry for the confusion.
Wow...strong drivers...you and the cobra fail, LMAO
Old 03-15-2010, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

So you shifted at 4,200rpms into 6th gear and beat a Cobra?

Sorry, it was either a really slow GT or a V6. Any DOHC Cobra is going to pull on a bolt on LS1 shifting at 4,200rpms.
Its obvious that your a Ford , but have you ever even DRIVEN a Termi? There not that fast and there not some car blessed by the hand of God...It seems like guys around here treat those damn things like there untouchable. I use to drive my friends and I wasn't impressed at all.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by squee
Its obvious that your a Ford , but have you ever even DRIVEN a Termi? There not that fast and there not some car blessed by the hand of God...It seems like guys around here treat those damn things like there untouchable. I use to drive my friends and I wasn't impressed at all.
I have never driven a "Termi", I'm not a ***. However I have driven more than one 2003-04 Cobras. They are nothing special but neither is a LS1 F-body.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, all this misinformation. First of all the Cobra didn't start in 5th gear. You only heard him shift once because he only shifted once, from 3rd-4th, 3rd winds out 108mph if you push it to 6500rpm which most people don't as you don't make solid power out to there unless you have a ported blower, etc. However, you starting in 5th, there is no way that was an 03 cobra stock or not, and you didn't hear a whine, if you are door to door with an 03-04 cobra, you'll hear the supercharger without a doubt.

Whatever though, maybe the Cobra was racing in 6th gear and he was smoking a fat blunt and getting a *******, next time post a video.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:44 PM
TECH Resident

Ummmm that was def NOT an 03-04 cobra (if it was already said, my bad - didn't wanna read all the crap talk).

i raced my buddies '03 cobra with a catback only - when i was full exhaust and intake.. He put 2-3 cars on me.. and from the sounds of this race, neither of you knew what was going on lol

Last edited by sujomatt; 03-15-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:08 PM
10 Second Club

It was probably just a Honda Civic with a Mustang Cobra body kit. We all know how they run!! Damn ricers!!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Termi's are a beast on the street!! Stock for stock Termi vs LS1 F-body from a dig the LS1 has the advantage but it's a different story from a roll. So stop being a hater man!!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by res0n0xg
Wow, all this misinformation. First of all the Cobra didn't start in 5th gear. You only heard him shift once because he only shifted once, from 3rd-4th, 3rd winds out 108mph if you push it to 6500rpm which most people don't as you don't make solid power out to there unless you have a ported blower, etc. However, you starting in 5th, there is no way that was an 03 cobra stock or not, and you didn't hear a whine, if you are door to door with an 03-04 cobra, you'll hear the supercharger without a doubt.

Whatever though, maybe the Cobra was racing in 6th gear and he was smoking a fat blunt and getting a *******, next time post a video.
Sorry brotha. I know I added to it but I had to steal your **** to put in my sig. I almost choked I laughed so hard!!
Old 03-15-2010, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by odarabla
Termi's are a beast on the street!! Stock for stock Termi vs LS1 F-body from a dig the LS1 has the advantage but it's a different story from a roll. So stop being a hater man!!
Hardly being a hater. I just don't see whats so special about the damn things...There not that fast and there not that impressive. They do have potential, but so does alot cars...
Old 03-15-2010, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

Hardly being a hater. I just don't see whats so special about the damn things...There not that fast and there not that impressive. They do have potential, but so does alot cars...
Like I stated before. They aren't that impressive from a dig but race one from a roll and it will impress the **** out of you. Not to mention, what it would cost us to go full boltons with a stall he could have full boltons and a ported blower and run down a H/C/I LS1 from a roll most of the time. But I do aggree that they do not do to well in the 1/4 mile.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned

I have never driven a "Termi", I'm not a ***. However I have driven more than one 2003-04 Cobras. They are nothing special but neither is a LS1 F-body.
A ls1 isnt S/C
Old 03-15-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like I stated before. They aren't that impressive from a dig but race one from a roll and it will impress the **** out of you. Not to mention, what it would cost us to go full boltons with a stall he could have full boltons and a ported blower and run down a H/C/I LS1 from a roll most of the time. But I do aggree that they do not do to well in the 1/4 mile.
I'm well aware of how they run. Like I said, I've driven a bolt on one quite a bit, and your right, there cheaper to make alot of power with, but they need alot to make them nice enough for me to want one.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:53 PM
10 Second Club

I'm well aware of how they run. Like I said, I've driven a bolt on one quite a bit, and your right, there cheaper to make alot of power with, but they need alot to make them nice enough for me to want one.
hahahahaha Got ya!!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

hahahahaha Got ya!!
Got me? You didn't get me...Its a well known fact that there cheaper to make power with, but there not that impressive.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sujomatt
Ummmm that was def NOT an 03-04 cobra (if it was already said, my bad - didn't wanna read all the crap talk).

i raced my buddies '03 cobra with a catback only - when i was full exhaust and intake.. He put 2-3 cars on me.. and from the sounds of this race, neither of you knew what was going on lol
it just depends, myself and my friends have always had a rivalry with our 03 cobra buddies and most of the time the full bolt on F-body's would come out on top against stock or lightly modded termi's
Old 03-15-2010, 11:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jgoodson
A ls1 isnt S/C
You are correct of course a Cobra is only 4.6 litres while a LS1 is 5.7. And really who gives a **** thats the way they come from the factory. Is a ZR1 less of a Vette because it is supercharged? A bone stock 03-04 Cobra can run high 12's very few other cars can do that.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
it just depends, myself and my friends have always had a rivalry with our 03 cobra buddies and most of the time the full bolt on F-body's would come out on top against stock or lightly modded termi's

Well if the Cobra was BONE stock maybe. Cobra's with just intake and tune make 415rwhp and 400rwtq.

with 600 dollars, intake, tune, and pulley swap your at 450/450 or above, and a full bolt on ls1 is beating that with maybe 360rwhp and less torque?

ok.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:50 AM
***Repost Police***

They've run as quick as 12.3 bone stock, which definitely isn't bad. So saying they don't do well from a dig is misleading; they might not be easy to drive from a dig because of the torque, but with a good driver they do well.
Originally Posted by jgoodson
A ls1 isnt S/C
So?
Old 03-16-2010, 04:58 AM
10 Second Club

Got me? You didn't get me...Its a well known fact that there cheaper to make power with, but there not that impressive.
What ever man! I understand what you where saying and made my point clear but was just trying to smash it since you seem like you are confrontational!