Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats wut I dun said! Dagumit!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TierAngst
they're just not for me.

Thanks for the minor education, the clear formed thoughts and the mostly respectful communication. Hopefully you got what you were looking for too. I'm young, but I'm by no means an idiot nor unwilling to learn.
I deleted the rest because I think we are at a respectable ground here. I just the above up because a simple they're just not for me is both explanatory and respectful. IE: I totally get that.

That's good.....I like people that can admit their ignorance and open to learn. I'm always willing to help/inform where I can, and willing to learn myself. I know next to nada about fbods and learn new stuff being on here..I love it. All the while i get to help some, correct others, and make a few look well.......I just accentuate their moronic traits. LOL

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Ok I was gonna come on this dumb thread and stick up for Mustangs...well a few buddies of mine rented the track this weekend. I am slowly becoming an LS fan after seeing this guy Steves Formula run. Mind you it's a street car that is actually driveable. He is black formula in the first run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKwMR...layer_embedded

He ran an 8.1@170 later in the day.
Nohting wrong with an Fbody bro. I would love to have an SS or WS6 LS1 in my garage next to a mach. I'd take other stangs first...but I'd still like to have one.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Eh, thats just a boost for you. Nothing special about the LS there. You can do that with pretty much any car + boost + automatic. However that would get boring to me. If I couldn't grab gears I think I would fall asleep in a car. And yes people, I have been in some 1,000+rwhp cars before.
+73000 Give me a car to have fun with on the street and take to the track on teh weekend......rowing the gears.

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
You haven't put one of those 350's in your car because you aren't ready to go fast. Admit it Ford boy.
Reverse or 'backwards' doesn't equal fast man.

Thats wut I dun said! Dagumit!
LOL...at first I thought you had been drinking. LOL
Old 03-24-2010, 06:13 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Hak
Nothing wrong with taking interest on the other side. Looking into other cars has made me a fan of both Fords and Chevys. Use to have 1 of each. Had to dump one to get a family car, but hoping to pick up my missing link again. I respect both. They each have their strengths, and it's fun to work on different builds.
Best post yet.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like my car except for the 8.1 part.

Oh wow, you meant in the 1/4th
Eh, thats just a boost for you. Nothing special about the LS there. You can do that with pretty much any car + boost + automatic. However that would get boring to me. If I couldn't grab gears I think I would fall asleep in a car. And yes people, I have been in some 1,000+rwhp cars before.
"BORING"? He comes back from the 8.1 run and goes "got a little scary out there about half track it jerked left" My friend answers "thats when your front wheels came down Steve!" Carried the front wheels through half track...exciting in my book.

[QUOTE=The Manalishi;13078968]I hear ya on that. Hell there have been a few Cobras that made me want a Ford. Hell even a couple of Machs. These are the newer stuff, I love the old Ford stuff. Thunderbolts, 65-70 Mustangs

Yea don't tell anyone... I went through a GM phase...

[QUOTE=ponygt65;13079028]
Nohting wrong with an Fbody bro. I would love to have an SS or WS6 LS1 in my garage next to a mach. I'd take other stangs first...but I'd still like to have one.

Yea me too Mike!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:38 AM
TECH Regular

I'm down with anything that can be made quick and doesn't look like ****.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=TierAngst;13059131]I hate having to repeat myself...I'm glad you're happy with it. Though I hope you're not bragging about those mileage numbers. LS1 guys that don't drive like every straightaway is a drag strip report those numbers all the time. 2 less cylinders, 2 less liters, 3 extra gears and 24 average is good mileage? I average 20 in my ghetto *** 30 year old brick. It really isn't saying much about you, I'm just seriously pissed that modern technology hasn't got us anywhere in terms of fuel economy.

really i bet there isnt a single ls1 other than the m6 vettes than can pull 32+ mpg on the highway. and the best i ever seen "proof" of was 31. a camaro/bird wont do it not without headers no cats and exhaust work and they still wont get passed maybe 30 just not aero dynamic enough. i had a ls1 so its not like i dont know about them.

and yea good luck on getting 24 mpg city. its not gonna happen in the 5.7 not even with the vette. you really need to lay off the Vicodin or whatever you get prescribed. your car is ugly. all caprices are ugly. if i want to see something ugly like that ill watch some cop movies from the 1970's since pretty much other than a few muscle cars. that decade was horrendous for bricks on wheels.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:35 AM
***Repost Police***

My mom has a 6spd LS1 C5, and the trip computer says her average is 21mpg. Take that for what it's worth. It does show 30-32mpg on the freeway cruising around 65-70mph though.