Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

97 Cobra Vs. 02 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 03:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
Good kill but your story had run-ons just like my comment does but its all good cause you killed a cobra in the end its all about having fun and yes 94mustang302ci it was a red mustang not a white mustang because the op said it was red and it also may have exhaust but may not cause the op did not ask the red mustang driver ok bye... p.s. u have better spelling then me so its all good! Haha 8-/
Old 03-21-2010, 12:19 AM
11 Second Club

Good kills. 90% of older cobra owners don't put the right gearing in the car. They need a lot. lol.

-Mark

Last edited by Bitemark46; 03-21-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Hak
Teching In

I've run into a few drivers who short shift their 4v's and don't wind those gears out while also running the stock rear gears. Resulting in races that should have been closer then they were or me being the one that should of lost, depending on which car I was driving. Bottom line, the driver probably needed more seat time. Good kill nonetheless.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mesterious
yeah man im from jxn and I think I know who you are talking about with the white cobra. He's 1 of the 2 i know around the byram area. Heres his cobra
Attachment 222532
That's a re-badged GT not a Cobra. He added the Cobra bumpers and hood to his car.

Edit: It has been awhile since I've been out in my Cobra (totaled and sold) but I'm certain that car is just a GT with Cobra body parts. It loud as hell though. Do you know Roger with the V8Killa tag on the Supra?

Last edited by 94Mustang302ci; 03-21-2010 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Because I like the edit button!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94Mustang302ci
That's a re-badged GT not a Cobra. He added the Cobra bumpers and hood to his car.

Edit: It has been awhile since I've been out in my Cobra (totaled and sold) but I'm certain that car is just a GT with Cobra body parts. It loud as hell though. Do you know Roger with the V8Killa tag on the Supra?
Damn I called that in the beginning of this thread.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah his is loud he told me it was magnaflow axle backs but now he changed it to stedda not to long ago (we are talking about the guy with the white one right?) with of course full exhaust and he rebuilt the engine in it and a few other basic things. Is the supra red with black wheels and HID lights?
Old 03-21-2010, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill! Sounds like you had the better driver for sure. But like with any race I dont see how people can call BS when there are a ton of variables to every race. I raced a stock 02 z28 and all I had was a k/n filter and welded in flowmasters and he only beat me by a car at about ~130
Old 03-22-2010, 01:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Good kills. 90% of older cobra owners don't put the right gearing in the car. They need a lot. lol.

-Mark
Originally Posted by Hak
I've run into a few drivers who short shift their 4v's and don't wind those gears out while also running the stock rear gears. Resulting in races that should have been closer then they were or me being the one that should of lost, depending on which car I was driving. Bottom line, the driver probably needed more seat time. Good kill nonetheless.
+730000

Knowing your powerband and tranny gears make a HUGE difference.

I'm not an N/A cobra expert, so how can you tell by that picture?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mesterious
Yeah his is loud he told me it was magnaflow axle backs but now he changed it to stedda not to long ago (we are talking about the guy with the white one right?) with of course full exhaust and he rebuilt the engine in it and a few other basic things. Is the supra red with black wheels and HID lights?

Its all black..... I've only seen red Supra but I don't know the guy.

Originally Posted by ponygt65
+730000

Knowing your powerband and tranny gears make a HUGE difference.

I'm not an N/A cobra expert, so how can you tell by that picture?
I live in the area and vaguely remember seeing this car at a local Mustang shop along with a few others when i was trying to sell the engine out of my wrecked Cobra. Also it has no IRS in the back.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[/B]

Its all black.....

http://s840.photobucket.com/albums/zz325/mesterious/Cars/?action=view&current=bmp.jpg[/url]
This is the only black one I have seen.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

[/B]

Its all black..... I've only seen red Supra but I don't know the guy.

I live in the area and vaguely remember seeing this car at a local Mustang shop along with a few others when i was trying to sell the engine out of my wrecked Cobra. Also it has no IRS in the back.
Gotcha.

(rear end swap? wouldn't be a first.)