Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

S.W TT Gallardo vs LMR TT C6 vs LMR TT SS vs Nitrous ZX14

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 03:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, the only thing those underground cars got going for them is the AWD. Take that away and they are just like any else out here. Love the build specs but those kits in no way and shape cost as much underground is charging, WITHOUT the motor work.

I'll agree with v-series, but maybe not in those words! The cars are nuts but anything with 1300awhp+ putting it down to all four wheels and doesn't have the wheelbase/balance of a econocar (evo) is going to do well.

I love the fact that the FGT made that 253mph run. I can say how many times i've gotten into arguments with local supra nut huggers that swear that nothing without a 2JZ is going to be fast in the mile. Nothing. This FGT got brought up numerous times as it was being built and it was dismissed as junk, no v-8 with whatever turbo's can hang, blah, blah, blah! Where are they now? I'm sure they are working on another 2JZ swap into another S2k and say it only has 700rwhp!

But, that lambo is sick... but again, it doesn't take 1300awhp to beat a liter bike and that vette is stupid fast as well... just spun the tires.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

obzidian: try this on for size since you seem to think liter and hyper bikes are so easy to beat. it's a SuperStreetBike magazine test where a bone stock ZX14 took on a bunch of tuned/built cars in order to show what it takes to beat a good rider on one of the faster bikes made- and make no mistake, a bone stock ZX14 is slower in the 60-120mph range than nearly every 1000 and busa out there. It's only when its derestricted that it becomes a beast and the king of the streets.

"Modern sportbikes are marvels of technology that can cover the quarter mile in the 9s at 150 mph and almost touch 190 mph right off the showroom floor. As such, when a streetcar is fast enough to be deemed "nasty," the natural question is, "Will it beat a bike?"

A simple online search results in car guys posting clips of their rides "smoking 'Busas" and the bike guys retorting with vids of them destroying any car imaginable. In most cases the bike submissions are believable, but when you see various 12-second cars walking liter bikes it starts to raise doubts.

Having suffered through dozens of laughable vids of flip-flop clad riders losing to slower cars, we noticed one common flaw-rider error. Although any vehicle requires a certain level of operator aptitude, motorcycles require far more skill than cars. Under wide open throttle you're holding on for dear life, trying to keep the front wheel down while making sure you stay off the rev limiter and in front of the competition. Also, consider that motorcycle engines are smaller, thus needing more RPM to make power and you can see why getting caught in the wrong gear can turn a 10-second bike into a 14-second snail.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Contenders

2000 Chevrolet Camaro SS 530 HP
Owner: David Ferranti
Engine: 346 C.I. LS1
Horsepower/Torque: 530 HP/451 LB-FT on 150 shot
Best Quarter-Mile: 11.22 @ 127
Engine Mods: TSP Cam Kooks headers and Y-pipe, SLP cat-back and lid, Nitrous Depot 150 HP kit, ported TB, Fast Toys Ram Air prediction: I'll up the nitrous and see what happens!

2003 Ford Mustang Cobra 615 HP
Owner: Sekani Smith
Engine: 4.6L 32 Valve Supercharged V8
Horsepower/Torque: 615 HP/567 LB-FT on pump gas
Best Quarter-Mile: 11.01 @ 130
Engine Mods: Whipple 2.3 Supercharger, Iron block, forged rotating assembly, ARP hardware, ported heads, Ford GT cams prediction: I walk 600s all day, so we'll find out.

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 675 HP
Owner: Jon Foster
Engine: 402 C.I. LSX based engine
Horsepower/Torque : 675 HP/611 LB-FT
Best Quarter Mile: 10.5 @ 137 (traction limited)
Engine Mods: Dragonslayer crank, Compstar rods, Mahle pistons, custom blower cam. Has a Procharger D1SC supercharger @ 9lbs of boost. Stock heads and intake manifold, tuned by Nick at NewtechPerformance.com
prediction: I've beat several bikes already. Bring it!

2009 Kawasaki ZX-14 169 HP
A stock ZX-14 is good for 9.73 @ 147.1 in the quarter-mile on its way to a limited top speed of 186 mph. While it's truly a toss-up between the big 14, a 'Busa or any of the new liter bikes in terms of performance, you just can't fault the 14's ultra-stable chassis or the big pull of its 1352cc motor.
Rider: Justin Fivella
Engine: 1352cc inline four
Horsepower/Torque: : 168.9 HP/ 104 LB-FT
Best Quarter Mile: 9.73 @ 147.1
Engine Mods: Stock

1998 Dodge Viper 950 HP
Owner: Darius Khashabi
Engine: 488" twin turbo V10,
Horsepower/Torque: 950 HP/895 LB-FT at 15psi on C16
Best Quarter Mile: 10.7 @ 141 mph
Engine Mods: Heffner Performance Twin Turbo Kit, Borla exhaust
prediction: On my race gas tune I'll walk any bike out there.

2000 Acura Integra 536 HP
Name: Danny Marroquin
Engine: k24a2/k20
Horsepower/Torque: 536 HP/387LB-FT at 22psi on E85
Best Quarter Mile: 10.8 @ 127 mph
Engine Mods: Full race GT3582r turbo kit,1000cc injectors, dual walbro 255 fuel pumps, 750 HP precision intercooler, 3" downpipe
prediction: I think I'm gonna get walked.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Main Event
With the players gathered it was finally time to get on it. While you might assume we'd test 0-60 sprints, quarter-mile times or maybe even top speed-you'd be wrong. Instead, we decided we'd keep it more akin to modern-day street racing and go from a roll. That's right, many non-sanctioned "races" take place from a rolling start, thus eliminating the skill needed to launch from a dig.

It's true, some might call roll racing weak-sauce, but no matter how you cut the cake, it's the most common form of racing these days. We decided a 60-120 pull would be an ideal compromise. Starting from anything slower would hinder the traction-limited high-powered cars and ending any faster would hurt the less powerful vehicles. The addition of timing equipment added a scientific element to the races, which normally isn't a part of the underground race scene but was important to our results page...

Round 1
ZX-14 vs. Integra
The Acura's 60-120 mph pull was anything but calm as it suffered severe wheel spin. With a powerband like a light switch and small street tires it didn't hook until nearly 100, but from 100-120 (when traction wasn't an issue) the Integra began to stretch its legs. Still, the ZX-14 beat the traction-limited Integra by over 15 car lengths.

Round 2
ZX-14 vs. Camaro
Next up was the '00 SS Camaro, which hit hard with a big nitrous shot and 5.7L engine. The SS was fast but still not enough for the Kawi, losing by a similar length as the Acura.

Round 3
ZX-14 vs. Mustang
With a lumpy idle from the big cams and a serious howl from the blower, the '03 Cobra was no joke from a roll. Despite the wide rear meats it still had some traction issues from the hit. But even so, the Kawi still beat the Mustang by 10 cars.

Round 4
ZX-14 vs. Corvette
Despite the massive drag radials on the Z06, traction was still hit or miss depending on the road surface. However, without too much wheel spin the 'Vette rolled into boost and flexed its muscles. In-gear acceleration wasn't far behind the Kawi's, but with each shift the 'Vette fell back. In the end it was close, but the ZX-14 still nailed 120 about 5 cars in front of the 'Vette...A little too close for comfort.

Final Round
ZX-14 vs. Viper
Last up was the twin-turbo Viper, which all were unsure if the stock ZX-14 would beat. With 1000 horses under the right foot even the 335-series tires out back didn't stand a chance until nearly 90, which cost the Viper some serious time.

Its pull from a Benjamin upward was simply scary. The faster the speeds the harder the Viper pulled, but in the sprint to 120 the Kawi still nipped the Viper for the win. Judging by the Viper's power though, had we raced to higher speeds the tables likely would've turned.

**** Happens
Unfortunately after just one pull the Viper went home on a flatbed. Things break when you've got nearly 1000 HP and the transmission took the hit that day.

Pay-Up
The bike prevailed, just as we'd thought. Despite an opposition of nearly 3000 HP, the almighty ZX-14 showed the four-wheelers nothing but taillight. Under different circumstances perhaps the Viper or 'Vette might have bettered the big Kawi, but then again, this was "run what you brung, no excuses."

While it's possible to build a car that can beat a bike, it certainly takes more than a buck. Our stock ZX-14 cost a tick over $12,000, while the Viper has nearly $50,000 in addition to the cost of the car, yet still didn't beat the Kawi. In the battle for supremacy you can't beat a bike's bang for the buck.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Staging Lane

here is a graph of another comparison of liter bike and hyper bikes in showroom stock conditions. The Hennessey GT1000 Ford GT was having blow off valve issues and was only putting out 800-850rwhp during this test.

Top Speed: the jap bikes were all computer limited to aprx. 188mph. The Euro trash was gearing limited. Not that it would matter, the two topspeed kings are the Busa and ZX14, both of which drag limit out around the mid 190mph range.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Cool Vids and Thanks for posting them up!

It doesn't surprise me that SW has the SICKEST Lambo on the planet! His builds are just Amazing and seem to lack a budget........also the Man can drive a stick!

I've been trying for years to get him to adopt me, but no such luck!
Old 03-27-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by obZidian
Honestly, the only thing those underground cars got going for them is the AWD. Take that away and they are just like any else out here. Love the build specs but those kits in no way and shape cost as much underground is charging, WITHOUT the motor work.
isnt that an advantage in a similar way that we have over the fwd guys? i mean if anything they have more moving parts to break then we do.

also those UR kits are OEM quality and solid. no leaks, funny sounds, etc and those cars are built for abuse. if you have the money thats what you want to have out of a 1000+whp vehicle. can be driven in traffic, taken to the track, lift the fronts, do some pulls on the highway and take you to work the next morning.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Honestly, the only thing those underground cars got going for them is the AWD. Take that away and they are just like any else out here.
LOL.

Kind of like your car and its LS1.

That's all it has going for it. Take it away and its just like anything else out there.

*Disclaimer: I have no idea what engine your car has; I'm just speaking in generalities.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
I think all you people need to pull your lips off sw's dick.

You act like LSx cars can't be FAST street cars and also rock and roll in the quarter mile...(look at LOS's 8 second DD-better ET-less power)... you act like an american car can't **** the world up in the mile.... the ford gt just skull fucked everyone recently.

Really tired of hearing about this dude. Yes, the car is FAST AS ****.... but,..isn't it supposed to be with 300K invested?....

Personally,...i'm not impressed. I give it credit but.,....i don't think the car is the replacement for vagina,..which all of you seem to act like it is.

Oh,...and liter bikes get walked ALL the time in south Florida,...by all kinds of cars. Fun, impressive, yes but, not a big deal.

Only because FL is full of squids that cant ride worth dick.

I ran 10.7@132mph on my near stock zx6r, against a gixxer 1000 that ran 11.3. Tell me that **** isnt 100% rider. He should have waxed my ***...and I should have went quicker with that trap but launching on stock wheelbase aint easy!

Sticks sounds like the only person who knows WTF he's talking about when dealing with bikes in this thread.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
obzidian: try this on for size since you seem to think liter and hyper bikes are so easy to beat. it's a SuperStreetBike magazine test where a bone stock ZX14 took on a bunch of tuned/built cars in order to show what it takes to beat a good rider on one of the faster bikes made- and make no mistake, a bone stock ZX14 is slower in the 60-120mph range than nearly every 1000 and busa out there. It's only when its derestricted that it becomes a beast and the king of the streets.

Pay-Up
The bike prevailed, just as we'd thought. Despite an opposition of nearly 3000 HP, the almighty ZX-14 showed the four-wheelers nothing but taillight. Under different circumstances perhaps the Viper or 'Vette might have bettered the big Kawi, but then again, this was "run what you brung, no excuses."

While it's possible to build a car that can beat a bike, it certainly takes more than a buck. Our stock ZX-14 cost a tick over $12,000, while the Viper has nearly $50,000 in addition to the cost of the car, yet still didn't beat the Kawi. In the battle for supremacy you can't beat a bike's bang for the buck.

LOL at the 60-120 races. What a bullshit test. If you want to be fair, measure everything, not some 60mph spread.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by A3VETTE
LOL at the 60-120 races. What a bullshit test. If you want to be fair, measure everything, not some 60mph spread.

I agree 60-120
Old 03-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

Huh??? WTF are you guys reading- those races I posted on the graphs where 0-180mph races! The ONLY reason they did roll racing was to give the cars a chance, not to help the bike. Seriously, name me a car that can pull a 1.6 60' time like a well ridden stock wheelbase Busa or 14 can? And I've seen professionals run 1.5 60' times on stock wheelbase.

...Please... acting like the motorcycle is the one that needs to run from a roll to beat a car ...
Old 03-28-2010, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Huh??? WTF are you guys reading- those races I posted on the graphs where 0-180mph races! The ONLY reason they did roll racing was to give the cars a chance, not to help the bike. Seriously, name me a car that can pull a 1.6 60' time like a well ridden stock wheelbase Busa or 14 can? And I've seen professionals run 1.5 60' times on stock wheelbase.

...Please... acting like the motorcycle is the one that needs to run from a roll to beat a car ...
Im talking about the first test. And ive seen EVOs and STIs yank 1.6 60's in stock form. Big deal.

And as far as that ZX14 running 9.7@147

Thats a shitty ET for that MPH. Theres modded cars that have done better et with way less mph. This is a car forum. Go preach on a bike forum
Old 03-28-2010, 05:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Im talking about the first test. And ive seen EVOs and STIs yank 1.6 60's in stock form. Big deal.

And as far as that ZX14 running 9.7@147

Thats a shitty ET for that MPH. Theres modded cars that have done better et with way less mph. This is a car forum. Go preach on a bike forum
Bikes always trap crazy high mph for their ET.

Side effect of insane power:weight ratio and difficulty launching.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Yea I know that but this guy makes it seem its easy to launch a bike and cut 1.5 60s
Old 03-28-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
isnt that an advantage in a similar way that we have over the fwd guys? i mean if anything they have more moving parts to break then we do.

also those UR kits are OEM quality and solid. no leaks, funny sounds, etc and those cars are built for abuse. if you have the money thats what you want to have out of a 1000+whp vehicle. can be driven in traffic, taken to the track, lift the fronts, do some pulls on the highway and take you to work the next morning.
True, but no matter what, at that level of power... those AWD cars are just tough to beat.

I have seen first hand top quality built turbo kits, and engine programs for that matter, that will easily match the quality of the UG kits without costing as much as they do. Their price is tailored towards high end cars and those customers will probably not feel like they are getting their money's worth if the price was more reasonable. Furthermore, they know they can charge that much, the folks with the money to drop on a LP-560 and want to go TT will have enough cash, right? (Not how I would run my business though)

Originally Posted by 1992TsiAWD
LOL.

Kind of like your car and its LS1.

That's all it has going for it. Take it away and its just like anything else out there.

*Disclaimer: I have no idea what engine your car has; I'm just speaking in generalities.
I guess what I was trying to say that, though I don't look at it as an unfair advantage, the AWD in such a high end car with that kind of power is going to hook... period. I'm not hating, but a motor/turbo install is a bit different than HOW the power is being put down.

Its a 410ci with a T6 BW S485 turbo if you really wanted to know.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

Stickies: "obzidian: try this on for size since you seem to think liter and hyper bikes are so easy to beat."

I never said they are easy to beat, however, one doesn't need 1000rwhp anything to hang of beat one of those. Those tests are interesting, but not what we encounter on a daily basis when we set up a street race. Roll on's will take away the advantage a bike has from the line, its lower weight and subsequently, better weight/power ratio. Take those advantages away and they can be beat with not as much power as some feel they need to have. I used to think 600cc/750cc's were fast from a roll until I got the Z. Now, its a whole different ball game and while liter bikes are fast, I don't need 1000rwhp to beat one from a 60mph roll.

Just saying.... Listen, I ride. I have a CBR600 F4i i mess around with but have ridden full bolt on cbr1000rr's, GSXR1000's R1's with race fuel (fast bike!) and one crazy run around the block in a friends turbo busa. (was making 300whp or close to that... stretch, low, 1up, 2dwn, and with a crazy top end rush. I know how fast these bikes are first hand but again, I also know how fast my car is with me driving it and i know what I need to hang and beat some of these guys. A z06 hits 140mph+ with a 200shot or about 600-650rwhp. Do the bolt-on's and that can climb to about 700rwhp which is easily a high 140mph car... with out tall 3rd/4th gear (165mph @ 7100 rpms) these cars boggy up top.

Again, just saying.... you don't have to prove to me how nasty bikes are, I know first hand... but again, I ALSO know what a Z06 can do!
Old 03-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good Lord...those are some wicked cars.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Puck
Only because FL is full of squids that cant ride worth dick.

I ran 10.7@132mph on my near stock zx6r, against a gixxer 1000 that ran 11.3. Tell me that **** isnt 100% rider. He should have waxed my ***...and I should have went quicker with that trap but launching on stock wheelbase aint easy!

Sticks sounds like the only person who knows WTF he's talking about when dealing with bikes in this thread.

Lol... first things first, i've ridden motorcycles my entire life. Owned three, had two sponsors, ridden with some of the craziest street crews ever(miamiwarriors for example), I know a good rider when I see one. As far as your personal example, well congratulations dude on your personal conquest. I've been doing similar things in peoples vehicles my whole life(going quicker then the owners of they're own vehicles-cars-bikes in as little as a pass or two)-big deal.

My point is,..they're is ALOT of heavy hitting cars down in south florida. Hell, bikes too. Everything is turbo....everything. Theres races that go down here ALL THE TIME.... people don't always post about them. I spend alot of time at standing mile events, and the results of them,..all over the place. Not too many 200++ mph bikes out there, are there?

Bikes,...i'll say it again,...are cool,...but, they are no longer the speed kings. Not when were talking about BIG HP cars. If you have never been in a HIGH hp car...and I mean nearing or above four digits,... then you have no idea what the **** I am talking about. You'd be like every other street bike rider that I have walked up to and called out. You all act like your ****'s soo fast.... like your soo ******* quick,..that there is NOWAY a car could beat you guys...lmao. Your all the same. Then I warp off in another demension, leaving you and most of your buds by buslengths.... and your like....WTF?! HTF?!....

Then you understand. Then you won't think so highly of your motorcycles.

note: Look, the majority of dudes, in HIGH HP cars,...can't drive for ****. Ever notice this? So,.. get a great driver, and a great rider,... and the car, as long as it is well thought out,.. should win everytime.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Lol... first things first, i've ridden motorcycles my entire life. Owned three, had two sponsors, ridden with some of the craziest street crews ever(miamiwarriors for example), I know a good rider when I see one. As far as your personal example, well congratulations dude on your personal conquest. I've been doing similar things in peoples vehicles my whole life(going quicker then the owners of they're own vehicles-cars-bikes in as little as a pass or two)-big deal.

My point is,..they're is ALOT of heavy hitting cars down in south florida. Hell, bikes too. Everything is turbo....everything. Theres races that go down here ALL THE TIME.... people don't always post about them. I spend alot of time at standing mile events, and the results of them,..all over the place. Not too many 200++ mph bikes out there, are there?

Bikes,...i'll say it again,...are cool,...but, they are no longer the speed kings. Not when were talking about BIG HP cars. If you have never been in a HIGH hp car...and I mean nearing or above four digits,... then you have no idea what the **** I am talking about. You'd be like every other street bike rider that I have walked up to and called out. You all act like your ****'s soo fast.... like your soo ******* quick,..that there is NOWAY a car could beat you guys...lmao. Your all the same. Then I warp off in another demension, leaving you and most of your buds by buslengths.... and your like....WTF?! HTF?!....

Then you understand. Then you won't think so highly of your motorcycles.

note: Look, the majority of dudes, in HIGH HP cars,...can't drive for ****. Ever notice this? So,.. get a great driver, and a great rider,... and the car, as long as it is well thought out,.. should win everytime.
Don't group me with the clueless bike crew and assume I do not know what I am talking about. I am a die hard car guy and am on my 3rd f-body build with more in mods then I spent on my bike new...which is kind of the point I am making.

If you are familiar with the FL bike scene, then you of all people should know the number of clueless noobs who can't ride for **** there are down here. The ones flying down I4 in a t-shirt and shorts, cutting people off on their gixxer 600s, but those same people end up on a track and run high 11s cuz they cant pick a gear, launch, or shift worth a damn. Those are where the stories of bolt-on grocery getters waxing crotch rockets come from.

It took over 10 grand of just engine mods to make my car competitive all motor. Granted, I started with an inferior platform that takes a bit more tweaking to run numbers then the newer ****, but everyone here will agree going fast costs big bucks. I bought a ~$8500 bike and put a grand into it and it runs right with my expected times(mid-10s NA). This is with simple mods and streetability as a concern...it is my primary transportation and saw over 10,00 miles last year - no crazy gearing, lowering straps, or stretched swingarms.

Kinda blows the whole "bang for buck" thing clean out the window, huh? I could spend under 10 grand total investment on a bike AND mods, and run bottom 9's on motor...and still ride it every day. Hell, a local ran 9's all motor on a STOCK ENGINE 07 zx6! How much does it cost to run single digits in a car? Now, how many have done it with stock engines? Hell, how much did your twin hairdryer setup cost, and what does it run? Not the engine, suspension, or supporting mods - just the TT setup.

I prefer cars, and they are my first loves, but there is no denying that in the right hands bikes are Kings of the Street, even if Joe Blow Highschooler who had his bike for 6 months may not be able to hang.

If you don't agree then you are just trying to justify the money spent on your hobby to yourself. I have already accepted that it is an expensive habit with minimal return on investment, and am not ashamed to admit when someone has a better platform that may technically be a "smarter" choice to spend money...whether it is a different or newer car, an exotic, or a bike.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:04 AM
Teching In

True, but no matter what, at that level of power... those AWD cars are just tough to beat.

I guess what I was trying to say that, though I don't look at it as an unfair advantage, the AWD in such a high end car with that kind of power is going to hook... period. I'm not hating, but a motor/turbo install is a bit different than HOW the power is being put down.

Its a 410ci with a T6 BW S485 turbo if you really wanted to know.
That's exactly why I love AWD...

It's awesome being able to cut 1.6 60fts on AND off the track, using my DD all-season tires.

Your engine sounds like it's badass...how does the convertible chassis handle the torque?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Puck
Don't group me with the clueless bike crew and assume I do not know what I am talking about. I am a die hard car guy and am on my 3rd f-body build with more in mods then I spent on my bike new...which is kind of the point I am making.

If you are familiar with the FL bike scene, then you of all people should know the number of clueless noobs who can't ride for **** there are down here. The ones flying down I4 in a t-shirt and shorts, cutting people off on their gixxer 600s, but those same people end up on a track and run high 11s cuz they cant pick a gear, launch, or shift worth a damn. Those are where the stories of bolt-on grocery getters waxing crotch rockets come from.

It took over 10 grand of just engine mods to make my car competitive all motor. Granted, I started with an inferior platform that takes a bit more tweaking to run numbers then the newer ****, but everyone here will agree going fast costs big bucks. I bought a ~$8500 bike and put a grand into it and it runs right with my expected times(mid-10s NA). This is with simple mods and streetability as a concern...it is my primary transportation and saw over 10,00 miles last year - no crazy gearing, lowering straps, or stretched swingarms.

Kinda blows the whole "bang for buck" thing clean out the window, huh? I could spend under 10 grand total investment on a bike AND mods, and run bottom 9's on motor...and still ride it every day. Hell, a local ran 9's all motor on a STOCK ENGINE 07 zx6! How much does it cost to run single digits in a car? Now, how many have done it with stock engines? Hell, how much did your twin hairdryer setup cost, and what does it run? Not the engine, suspension, or supporting mods - just the TT setup.

I prefer cars, and they are my first loves, but there is no denying that in the right hands bikes are Kings of the Street, even if Joe Blow Highschooler who had his bike for 6 months may not be able to hang.

If you don't agree then you are just trying to justify the money spent on your hobby to yourself. I have already accepted that it is an expensive habit with minimal return on investment, and am not ashamed to admit when someone has a better platform that may technically be a "smarter" choice to spend money...whether it is a different or newer car, an exotic, or a bike.
If you are NOT one of the typical, clueless riders that you claim to know south florida is full of, they why are you comparing the cost and limited mods NEEDED to make a bike go fast versus a sports car? With your wisdom, I would of assumed that you would understand that you just cannot compare a bike (cost, power to weight, mod list) to a sports car and make an actual case about it.

You just cannot, with a straight face, make a viable argument without sound like the fools you mentioned. (Miami is full of them, just go to the fudds on thurdsay's, you're bound to run into a dozen of them... t-shirts, no helmets with a beer in their hands... yeah, I know the type)

But, seriously, that is just not a legit apples to apples comparison. But, if you want to go that route... without really discussing the initial cost as a bike just has less materials/moving parts/SIZE than a car (less wheels!) thus costing more (Your bike has NAV, AC, HUD, 8 cylinders, seating for 2 plus a large trunk, etc?) my C6 Z06 hits 132mph with intake/tune ($600.00) consistenyly. 135 with bolt-on's. Add a little spray (pump gas) and it'll go over 140mph. A built motor is expensive, but just because you wanted to go N/A, (more expensive) and spent all of that money doesn't mean that everyone else has to go fast. You want to go fast and do it cheap.... a 300shot in a c6 Z06 (good gas+tune) enough to hold your own unless you set up a run with one of the local 160mph+ EVO's "streetcars" that like to show up once and a while.

You just cannot compare the two.... with a straight face... you like the performance to dollars of a bike, so do I .... I'm on my 4th bike, nothing beats it... except for my Z06 which is like a bike on four wheels, seriously. It pulls hard to 160mph... go for a ride in one, you might be surprised. But, lets not go there.... bikes are bikes and have to be addressed to a different set of rules than a car.

Quick Reply: S.W TT Gallardo vs LMR TT C6 vs LMR TT SS vs Nitrous ZX14