Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

good long story: 2010 ss Vs. 02 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default good long story: 2010 ss Vs. 02 WS6

since you guys like good stories, heres one for you...

went out to get something to eat with the wife in our "family" car. while out and about, saw 2 98+ ss camaros, identical. one i have raced before (before adding my cam and heads stuff) and the dude is a complete idiot, has slp badges on it and 500HP stickers on the side. he says it was a special ss car, LOL...
the other guy, i have not really met, i have seen him running around but never stopped and talked....he has talked to my wife when she was driving the TA around, but didnt race her.

anyway, they were trying to hook up going down the road, but i never got to see if they raced or not. i told my wife i was going home and getting the TA out and coming back out to see if i could find one or both of them, lol...

so anyway, driving down the road looking around, i was just playing around in the car at a couple of stop lights. i had a truck behind me watching me play around....so as i left the 2nd light, sideways, lol.......i noticed a pair of headlights jump out from behind the truck, coming up fast. i slowed down and it was a burnt orange 2010 ss. as he went by, i could tell it had some exhaust on it, and a dealer tag, and it sounded like he was in a lower gear than drive. so i caught back up and right before i got even with him, he pins it....i floor mine and catch him and pass him.....he catches back up and this time we both have our windows down....he is a younger guy but not a kid.....smiling from ear to ear....i motion to pull over...we talk a bit, its a 6spd with headers and exhaust....nice guy, friendly as can be. told me he had ran 3 trans am's and made them look stupid. so i suggest we go out of town and line them up? he is game...

so we get to where we are going....i changed my mind, since we both has sticks and asked him to go from a roll? no problems...

we line them up and i let him hit it first....i have 4:10 gears and we are going from a 30 roll, so i am in 2nd...when he hits it, he jumps out a car easy!!!! scares me to death, lol.....well after his jump, i start pulling, then he has to shift, and i realize he started in 1st. i pass him in 2nd grab 3rd and continue to pull out on him, when i let off in 4th, i had 3 cars on him....

we pull over again, and he wants to see my engine to make sure i dont have nos on it, lol.......still smiling though....he was suprised at how my car pulled away....

got his number and made a in town friend out of the deal......all in all it was a blast!!! still never found the black ss camaros though....lol, oh well another day i guess....
Old 03-24-2010, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good story. Good luck finding the "500 hp slp special edition" camaro. Let us know when you do.

Is your car tuned? How are the driving characteristics of the MS4?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6.0 silverado
Good story. Good luck finding the "500 hp slp special edition" camaro. Let us know when you do.

Is your car tuned? How are the driving characteristics of the MS4?
The driving characteristics of this cam are horrible and amazing... Depends on who tunes the car. The cam can be VERY VERY streetable (even more so than some 226 cam cars that are tuned by other tuners) or it can be so bad you can't pull out of a drive way or up to a red light without it dying.

Good kill man.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

my car is great to drive!!!! its a little twitchy at 1000 to 1300 rpms, but other than that, it drives great and sounds even better!!!! the cam is a top end cam, so it doesnt pull like a bull on the low end, but it was my first build and i was like whatever....i had the parts already!!!! i still like it, and when you do get to stretch it out, its alot of fun!!! i have had mined tuned 3 times to get it all tweaked in, so like the other guy said, tune tune tune!!! its a must with this cam.....oh and gears, lol.......
Old 03-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Hak
Teching In

Nice kill OP. It's always great to find drivers that are out to have fun whether they win or get face stomped. Most people I've run into are sore losers and don't want to chat, hehe. I haven't had a chance to line up with a new SS yet, but it sounds like you had some fun.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

The way all these 2010 kills pop up on here you'd think they were slow. Just goes to show we've got a lot of fast cars on the site that will eat up 450hp car like that. Nice kill.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TierAngst
The way all these 2010 kills pop up on here you'd think they were slow. Just goes to show we've got a lot of fast cars on the site that will eat up 450hp car like that. Nice kill.
Tune Time's '10 SS is an L99. ran 11.8 @119+ just H&C and LT's.. here's the link for an understanding what these new SS's can do built right. The weight is difficult to overcome.

http://superchevy.automotive.com/129...nder-head.html

PS this car now has a Procharger on it.. We're going to the track next month, i'll post the times if the mag doesn't freak out like they did when i posted the ZR1 times that started WW III ..