Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 FireHawk vs 04 GT Stang

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
Who is the tuner?

That's good. Most Terminator Cobras around here run 12s. Being that they are almost all 6 speeds you never can tell what you're up against.

I knew you would like it.
Scott Gomer..

Most drivers do run in the 12s with modded cobras. The better ones run much quicker.

I think that means outrun me. Let me get this straight, this clown with a heads, cam 331 mustang and a 5 speed is going to outrun me at the track on motor?

Is that because he has a faster time than me? Or is it that just your extensive knowledge of all things automotive.
Yes, he is. Both apparently.

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
ahhh come on man don't gimme that shiit.....

Technically speaken, with the s/c added to 4v, it has more cubes than our 346 LS1.. How do you beat someone on MT DR, a 75 shot with a solid axel. I beat the car fair and square. Don't make excuses for the cobra
Man, I am die hard LsX.... BUT!!!! Cobras do run fast... Sounds like you beat the driver, not the car. This is my buddies setup... full exhaust pulley (made around 11-12 lbs, barely more than stock) intake hand held tune, IRS (nitto 17" drag radials) race weight 3800 lbs... Ran 7.6@91mph.. DA was right around 2100 that night.. Had a little more in it but the nittos wouldn't hold, just kept spinning.. Now he has a set of slicks/tune/ported/pulley... Car should run bottom 7s@ almost 100mph.. With the first setup (the one he ran 7.6 on) the previous owner (also an LsX owner as well as my buddy) was running 7.2s@ 93mph with a solid and stalled a4..
The cobra you ran had a LOT more power in it with a solid... It is a 10 second car EASY.

My car shifts itself pretty good.

Let me know when you go to Zmax. I'll be there to hand you your ***.
!!!

I'm not pussing out of running your POS mustang. I'm pussing out of street racing. I will run and outrun your dumb ******* *** at the track.
No you won't.........

Remember I am on a STOCK 10 bolt and I was on MT ET Street DRs... I had to baby it out of the hole

Still beat the car. again car had some suspension and a 75 shot. There is no way that is a 10 sec car just bc it has a solid axel back there
If he had a solid axle, there is a HUGE chance he had a minimum of a pulley.. I would assume a full port.. Along with a 75 shot... That is a solid 600Rwhp and around 700Rwtq..
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
See my sig, and yes Mustangs do suck especially the SN95s. They are all slow.
They just don't learn.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a feeling he was more talk than bite from the beginning. Wonder what the excuses would be if I could magically get off work Saturday, drive all the way up there, and bust his *** at his own track? Now that would make for a great video!

Oh wait, I mean if I could find someone to let me borrow their car which was faster than his.
Hey man you can borrow my car to bust that ***!!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:33 AM
***Repost Police***

How many spots do you need? or heads up and you can have the hit? To bad I am in Chicago

What exactly are the specs on your car.

Mustangs to suck, espically the SN95s.. I had a '97 GTS and have an '02 GT.. gave that to my wife.. Slow as *****
Just for the record, there are no '97 GTS Mustangs... after '95 they were just GTs with the "248a" package. And high 11s @ ~120mph isn't enough to run with Stopsigns car.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:57 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
I gotta agree with him on a one of those slow *** 2 valves running 10's or 9's: maybe in a 2000 pound dragster with a 100lb fiberglass mustang body on it, but there is no way in hell one of those things is putting out the 700-800hp it would take to drag a 3200lb+ mustang to 9's and 10's. Unless you guys found a way to make that overhead cam scream to 12,000rpms like a nascar!?
His 2v is a push rod motor sir!!
Old 03-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Staging Lane

so what happened with the firehawk
Old 03-30-2010, 01:03 AM
Staging Lane

did yall race already
Old 03-30-2010, 01:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

What firehawk?
Old 03-30-2010, 01:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

What firehawk?
Before you **** all over this thread it was about this "01 FireHawk vs 04 GT Stang" You really aren't smart huh?
Old 03-30-2010, 01:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Before you **** all over this thread it was about this "01 FireHawk vs 04 GT Stang" You really aren't smart huh?
!!!!!!! I just busted out laughing..
Old 03-30-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
!!!!!!! I just busted out laughing..
You're really hugging all over this ************ nuts, huh?
Old 03-30-2010, 01:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

We just have the same sense of humor.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

We just have the same sense of humor.

Do you have any idea how many people are laughing their *** off at you right now? How am I hugging all over him? I'm not just sitting here laughing at his posts, I am making my own posts busting your *****.
What are you bringing to the table..... Besides your bolt car?
Old 03-30-2010, 01:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Besides your bolt car?
Old 03-30-2010, 01:25 AM
10 Second Club

What firehawk?

Sorry bro but after reading through this thread I have learned only one thing. You are a tool that thinks your car is the ****!! You probably have more done to your car than you lead us to believe and claim it's a SI car! Stop sign would wipe the floor with your *** with his 331ci mustang! You really should step outside of that little bubble you live in and try to take in a little more knowledge about other cars! You realize that now days your car would be considered a slow car right?
Old 03-30-2010, 01:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by odarabla
Sorry bro but after reading through this thread I have learned only one thing. You are a tool that thinks your car is the ****!! You probably have more done to your car than you lead us to believe and claim it's a SI car! Stop sign would wipe the floor with your *** with his 331ci mustang! You really should step outside of that little bubble you live in and try to take in a little more knowledge about other cars! You realize that now days your car would be considered a slow car right?
Better be careful... He may just tell you he will outrun you as well... He is number 37 on the SI list.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:30 AM
10 Second Club

Better be careful... He may just tell you he will outrun you as well... He is number 37 on the SI list.
He will need more than spray to outrun my car!! Better bring his spaceship!! Just so you know I also have stock internals!! H/C/I full weight car 3600lbs with me in the car and no you couldn't outrun me even with spray!!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:51 AM
TECH Regular

To the OP: If all the mods he has is what you listed you'll walk him HARD. He wont even see you go past him it will be so bad.
Originally Posted by Hak
Doesn't matter what he has on the Stang. If it doesn't have any power adders, you'll walk him hard even if you miss a gear.
I've seen many a complete bolt-on 2vs take stock to slightly modded LS1 bodies all the time without "power adders" so I am not so sure about that.

Originally Posted by RaggedRides
When I see fellows cruising around in Mustangs, Hondas, DSMs, other F-bodies or whatever else I'd be interested in running, I always wonder if they're also online somewhere and as well informed as some of us are. Do you know what I mean? When I see a guy get cocky in a '96 GT, I just ask myself, "Does he not know what he's getting into?" Do they not read up on anything else?

Not that I wouldn't try LS1s if I were cruising around in a slower car, but atleast I would know what to expect.
I've thought that many times. There was a 2006 Civic Si around here with a turbo that I would say probably runs mid to high 14s that kept revving on my *** when my wife or kids was with me in the car. He usually has his GF with him while he did it. One time he was at the local 6 lane main road at a stop light when I pulled up to him. Of course he did the rev bounce off the limiter so I could tell what he had. I figured I'd lose because most other 4cyl custom turbo cars I've seen were at least in the low 13s. ANYHOW after I beat him by a good 2 cars he goes out of his way to avoid me now. It's pretty sad when you add a turbo to your car and still can't beat a stock 2v GT.

Ban this ************ (again).
Why? Because he said your car would lose?

#34 spot on the SI list.
The what list?

Can you get a sticker for that to put on your car?

BTW if a 11sec street car isn't fast, what is? (I am not referring to a gutted car, or one that isn't very streetable)

I think this will get locked up...

I'm glad we didn't race. I would hate to lose to just a bolt on car! Whew!

BTW I used to not get why people "lie" or don't put all their info about their cars in their sigs. It's too much fun otherwise.

I can handle mustangs just fine

Espically the 04 Cobra with a solid axel, MT DRs, 75 shot, adj shocks
And you are only making 410rwhp? Hmm.

but I believe very strongly that this guy doesn't have what it takes.
Well you are wrong. The reason a lot of people don't know what stop runs is he usually don't act like you in these forums.

Do you know every Mustang *** on this board?
How old are you? 12?

I think that means outrun me. Let me get this straight, this clown with a heads, cam 331 mustang and a 5 speed is going to outrun me at the track on motor?

I just always wonder how people end up on LS1tech and don't have an LS1.
So we can learn about other cars, and not make the same mistakes you are in here.

For example:

Let me know when you go to Zmax. I'll be there to hand you your ***.
Even after he told you how much RWHP he was making. *shake head*
Old 03-30-2010, 08:23 AM
TECH Resident

Dam this is some funny ****.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:22 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Stopsign was banned....c'mon.