Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C CTS-V vs ISF and 300c SRT8

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 06:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran an ISF on the way home tonight. I was behind him on the freeway in fourth gear. He went first and I drew up very slowly all through fourth, then started to loose ground slowly when I went into fifth. Pretty much a dead heat. Don't think we gained or lost more than five feet for the entire pass.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Nice runs.

The IS-F launch was simply pitiful. Assuming the SRT-8 was tuned, the IS-F needed a driver mod big time.

Unless you're cam+, an IS-F will beat a stock 1st gen V every time and run even with a full bolt-on one.

Or, it wasn't an IS-F...
Notice his sig..........

"Kinda Stock"
Old 05-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Although my car is a bit of a freak. It dynoed with those mods at 370 rwhp at the dyno shop. I was a little skeptical so I took it to JBA to have it dynoed and it made 379.

There was also a 300C in the mix that was completely de-badged. (Other than the 20 emblems on the fenders) I drove around him in 4th with little effort. I'm assuming it was the 325 hp version.

When the IS-F and I took off we left the 300 for dead. We only made one run then we hit traffic again. The windows in the IS-F were black so don't know how many people were in the car. I had two in mine. Good etiquette from the IS-F, since I was behind and couldn't see ahead, he gave me a quick double brake tap then changed lanes when we ran up on traffic.

About 5 miles later the 300 did a fly by.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Regular

well the 5.7 hemi's are dogs i use to smash them in my old car
Old 05-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Launching!

that was the 6.1 Hemi in that car.. i was the one saying, " are we really about to do a dig on the freeway?" HAHA good times..
Old 05-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Sick *** V. How are you liking the vette?
Old 05-23-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
that was the 6.1 Hemi in that car.. i was the one saying, " are we really about to do a dig on the freeway?" HAHA good times..
i was refering to branland about how he said he pulled away from the 5.7 with ease.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
i was refering to branland about how he said he pulled away from the 5.7 with ease.
reread post, my bad..
Old 07-06-2010, 06:57 PM

Gotta love putting them to sleep. By a fender, car or a mile, its a win. Good stuff. Easy on the Diff. I havent blown one but i have snapped one of the three mounts off. warranty is great but im out now. All about the Gforce axles, skip the BMR crap.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

very nice man......
Old 09-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by branland
I ran an ISF on the way home tonight. I was behind him on the freeway in fourth gear. He went first and I drew up very slowly all through fourth, then started to loose ground slowly when I went into fifth. Pretty much a dead heat. Don't think we gained or lost more than five feet for the entire pass.
And I can assure you that F was bone stock....and If it had your mods, he woulda walked you big time...BTW the only mods out there for a n F is a intake and exhuaust....for the most part, unless you get some outrageous FI build or spray it...

How do I know? Because I walked a bone stock 1st gen V in my F today on the way to work, we are both bone stock and it was ugly, form 65-120 ish put a few cars on em easily...
Old 09-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pgoffner
And I can assure you that F was bone stock....and If it had your mods, he woulda walked you big time...BTW the only mods out there for a n F is a intake and exhuaust....for the most part, unless you get some outrageous FI build or spray it...

How do I know? Because I walked a bone stock 1st gen V in my F today on the way to work, we are both bone stock and it was ugly, form 65-120 ish put a few cars on em easily...
Run what cha brung. I never make any excuses if I see taillights. But other that the exhaust, CAI and tune, the engine on my car is bone stock. I'm lucky that it makes more horsepower than most stock V's from the factory. Since then, I've replaced that anchor of a flywheel, (reduced the rotating mass) and added the high flow cats (maybe a few hp's). I'm also scheduled to get the car tweaked and re-tuned to raise the idle next week.

Now that I know the Toyota's have limited mods... I'll be out looking for you guys!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by branland
Run what cha brung. I never make any excuses if I see taillights. But other that the exhaust, CAI and tune, the engine on my car is bone stock. I'm lucky that it makes more horsepower than most stock V's from the factory. Since then, I've replaced that anchor of a flywheel, (reduced the rotating mass) and added the high flow cats (maybe a few hp's). I'm also scheduled to get the car tweaked and re-tuned to raise the idle next week.

Now that I know the Toyota's have limited mods... I'll be out looking for you guys!!!
lol....I hear ya

Damn, I talk too much!

Good run anyway
Old 09-08-2010, 09:53 PM
Launching!

Talking

Originally Posted by pgoffner
lol....I hear ya

Damn, I talk too much!

Good run anyway
Those cars are quick. When I see one, I know I have to be on my game.

As I said in the original post. It was a proper race and a good run.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Good run. Never ran a CTS-V I usually end up racing 500whp plus vettes lately.

Quick Reply: H/C CTS-V vs ISF and 300c SRT8