Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My NA 408ci SS vs KB blown GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010 | 05:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
What's the over/under on how many posts Ke^in makes after the vids are posted in "Mustang" defense lol.
How was I defending it? I said the guy was lying. His mods makes no sense. I wasn't the only one. Having said that, I believe the OP could beat him even if he had those mods.

I rarely say anything about LS1 cars beating 2v GTs. Believe me.
Old 04-05-2010 | 12:50 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Ke^in
His mods makes no sense.
That's the way it goes sometimes though I guess. People buy modified cars that might not be setup all that well, or they find out a certain mod doesn't work in the real world...or they just flat out made a bad choice. Been there, done that.

I'm not sure how he's making 525rwhp with a 4.6 2v with a KB at only 10psi.
That doesn't seem right to me.

Good kill though for sure.
Old 04-05-2010 | 01:31 PM
12 Second Club

good kill! sounds like a funky setup, but i dont know my stangs so ill leave it to those guys to comment on his setup. youre making pretty good power for LS6 heads, which usually choke those big cube numbers. some AFRs would really open that phucker up!

Originally Posted by unit213
or they find out a certain mod doesn't work in the real world
like my friends that bought those "turbonators", one for a civic, the other guy for his GTP. boy did i get a luahg outta that.

...or they just flat out made a bad choice. Been there, done that.
ive done this before. bought a cai, headers ,and a cutout for my old 2000 grand prix GT (yeah, not even a gtp). luckily i ordered on a weekend and i called and cancelled all orders first thing monday morning. talk about a waste of money. people waste money on mods all the time. im glad i found this site before i bought my ls1, but im sure ill make some along the way.

this is just another case that brings validity to the old saying "built not bought".
Old 04-05-2010 | 06:37 PM
TECH Addict

Nice runs flash! Your car makes good power for the mods. Custom grind from TSP and some Trickflows and she'll be real stupid on motor!
Old 04-05-2010 | 07:22 PM

Damn, even from a roll that was a smashing. I'm thinking that my 420 rwhp head/cam car could hang with or pull that "525 rwhp" GT.
Old 04-05-2010 | 08:10 PM
Administrator

You stomped his *** real bad.
Old 04-05-2010 | 10:43 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks fellas. Like I said before, I have very limited mustang knowledge. I did however see a 525rwhp dyno sheet that was from last weekend, as well as videos of it doing it. Maybe his boost gauge is wrong? He had a video of the boost gauge while the car was on the dyno because the tuner was curious what it was showing and it just barely creeps up to ten. The gauge seems pretty slow compared to most blown cars. We looked at his vacuum line setup going to the gauge and it looks fine with no noticeable kinks or tears. I listed the pulley sizes he has, if a mustang member knows what kind of boost numbers those typically make with his setup that would be great (because I have no idea)

The original plan for this car was a big custom grind and a set of heads, and the bottle. But it's a true street car (still has AC even) and after blowing through the cage rule first time out at the track (while having issues), I can't take it back without caging it. I really don't want to do that so it'll probably stay as is while I build another car. Not to sound cocky, but it truly is the fastest street car in town, so I dont really have any motivation to mod it more. There are 3 other "street cars" that are fast (TT Z28, 88mm Z28, 750rwhp procharged TA) in town but they see more miles on the track than the street. I probably wont touch it unless this GT beats me.. or gets close enough to it.

So last night I started browsing the classifieds for a true track car, and found one . It's a 94 Z28 roller.. it will be iron block powered with a stand up radiator , some weight loss, and a cage.. I may go pick it up next week if it works out and the parts collecting begins.
Old 04-05-2010 | 11:59 PM
Launching!

^^^ damn i cant wait to get my car out of the garage. after reading stories like this, and the damn cocky guy 2 doors down who keeps revving on me and leaving marks in front of my house while im cutting my grass. lol. i think i need to serve up a few slices of humble pie
Old 04-06-2010 | 01:01 AM
10 Second Club

Nice kills 408's can be real badazz. Sounds like this guy is a bit of a tool. Why would 4.10 gears cause him to break anything? I don't know anyone that drag races their blown 4.6 Mustangs with 3.27's, unless they are turbos. Even 2V's like the revs so that rear is definetly hurting him from a dig. Like Unit said it is a waste to have a built shortblock with only 10lbs of boost from a KB.
Old 04-06-2010 | 01:42 AM
TECH Addict

Sounds like you should make a drive down to OKC and run some better cars
Old 04-09-2010 | 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

I guess I need to, lol. Pretty limited on selection around here. Everyone knows everyone, so nobody runs.

The GT walked a 383 LT1 by 4-5 cars he said, and the LT1 guy told me it was a half car because he was spinning. I'll have vids of that and post it.. I believe it was closer to 4-5 cars lol.
Old 04-10-2010 | 09:11 AM
10 Second Club

Damn that Camaro was pulling hard!! Nice kill OP.
Old 04-10-2010 | 01:10 PM
Teching In

nice ..