Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Embarrassed myself the other day...yes I got beat

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Embarrassed myself the other day...yes I got beat

Ok I resisted posting this, cause my ego is huge. Well here we go... On my way to my girls house I come up on this S197 kinda light green GT. Nice day windows open blower whining, LM2's singing. I don't give it much thought looked pretty stock and I couldn't hear it over my car.
Come up to a light and I'm like holy **** has DR's and 3 pillar gauges and get a load of this, a probably 75 year old guy at the wheel. Guy couldn't be more than 5' tall, looks like he is sitting on a phone book. I'm staring at him trying to get him to look over and I mean he has both hands on the wheel in a death grip, hollow stare straight ahead. In my head I'm saying must be borrowing his sons car... light turns green he rolls away kinda quickly. I gas it to get up to him. I get next to him at about 30 or so and get this he freakin nails it car just squats and goes. In shock I nail mine my DR's go up in smoke he has me by about 5 lengths at about 80 and he backs off. I'm like did I just get smoked by father time or what? Guess I did. We come up to the next light, I'm beeping trying to get his attention...Same death grip on the wheel but I caught a **** eating grin on his face still looking forward. I wanted to go again but he would have no part of it he pulled one over on me and he was gonna take that win to the bank. He must smoke alot of unsuspecting dumbasses like me.... to him.

Disclaimer story is bs...
Old 04-17-2010, 01:06 AM
Staging Lane

To bad you did not get another more even heads up run against him. Looks like you got a stout car and he knew better than to give you another chance, lol.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Damn I love your car. Oh well, he kinda pulled a fast one. But hey that probably made his day. So I say cool deal!
Old 04-17-2010, 01:17 AM
Staging Lane

He knew better than to run again!! lol
Old 04-17-2010, 07:11 AM
Launching!

lol...hope Im like that in 40 years
Old 04-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Ok I resisted posting this, cause my ego is huge. Well here we go... On my way to my girls house I come up on this S197 kinda light green GT. Nice day windows open blower whining, LM2's singing. I don't give it much thought looked pretty stock and I couldn't hear it over my car.
Come up to a light and I'm like holy **** has DR's and 3 pillar gauges and get a load of this, a probably 75 year old guy at the wheel. Guy couldn't be more than 5' tall, looks like he is sitting on a phone book. I'm staring at him trying to get him to look over and I mean he has both hands on the wheel in a death grip, hollow stare straight ahead. In my head I'm saying must be borrowing his sons car... light turns green he rolls away kinda quickly. I gas it to get up to him. I get next to him at about 30 or so and get this he freakin nails it car just squats and goes. In shock I nail mine my DR's go up in smoke he has me by about 5 lengths at about 80 and he backs off. I'm like did I just get smoked by father time or what? Guess I did. We come up to the next light, I'm beeping trying to get his attention...Same death grip on the wheel but I caught a **** eating grin on his face still looking forward. I wanted to go again but he would have no part of it he pulled one over on me and he was gonna take that win to the bank. He must smoke alot of unsuspecting dumbasses like me.... to him.

Disclaimer story is bs...
Nice death! It happens to the best of us!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:19 AM
c6r
On The Tree

lol that kinda *** kicking happens form time 2 time. He got that *** an kept his victory by not giving you a second race...cool
Old 04-17-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All i can imagine is this old man sitting in a bar laughing telling all his old war buddies how he just kicked this guys *** in a built mach 1 and they are buying him a round of 75 cent drafts haha

It happens from time to time
Old 04-17-2010, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks guys I really would have loved to know what was in the thing, probably keeps it a secret so he can make some cash. LOL It may have been blown it moved out pretty good M5 too guy was rowing through the gears hope I'm like that in 30 years.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn your car is slow...

Good death man, I wouldn't be ashamed!
Old 04-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Teching In

hahah he pulled a fast one on ya an **** if he's doin that to guys at his age you gotta know he's a not only a senior but a veteran racer... good death, but next time be ready lol
Old 04-17-2010, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

If you play into his conditions and chase its still a race; now the reason I say that is it sounds like in this case he got you on his optimum condition, and not yours, thus making his win a little easier... I am sure he did not know exactly what you had, but good deal on hedging his bets on choosing his best spot to run you!

We have a decently quick car, and sure it is hard not to open her up when someone runs from you; but sometimes playing their game by their rules ends with a hurt ego when in all likelihood had everything been equal you would have (or could have) won. IE, why people say anything can happen on the street... Of course I am sure you already know all of this and I am just preaching to the choir.

Oh yeah, nice car!
Old 04-17-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you had a LS1 you would of won...

Jk lol Good Death!
Old 04-17-2010, 06:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lemons12
Damn your car is slow...

Good death man, I wouldn't be ashamed!
LOL your right I need more money... Wish I lived closer to redneckville up there so I could give you a run.

Originally Posted by 00blueLS1
hahah he pulled a fast one on ya an **** if he's doin that to guys at his age you gotta know he's a not only a senior but a veteran racer... good death, but next time be ready lol
Your right probably alot of experience messing with guys like me!!

Originally Posted by Azrael
If you play into his conditions and chase its still a race; now the reason I say that is it sounds like in this case he got you on his optimum condition, and not yours, thus making his win a little easier... I am sure he did not know exactly what you had, but good deal on hedging his bets on choosing his best spot to run you!

We have a decently quick car, and sure it is hard not to open her up when someone runs from you; but sometimes playing their game by their rules ends with a hurt ego when in all likelihood had everything been equal you would have (or could have) won. IE, why people say anything can happen on the street... Of course I am sure you already know all of this and I am just preaching to the choir.

Oh yeah, nice car!
Thanks man, well said and great avitar.

Originally Posted by ReApEr75
If you had a LS1 you would of won...

Jk lol Good Death!
Maybe my buddies 8 second LSX could have beat him with the hole I dug myself into.LOL
Old 04-17-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm still waiting for you to tell us that you were in your GF's car taking it back to her after you got done mounting the DR's for her.

no?

ROFL
Old 04-17-2010, 06:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I'm still waiting for you to tell us that you were in your GF's car taking it back to her after you got done mounting the DR's

no?

ROFL

Lol my girlfriends car is SLOW. Your car is faster. She drives an 06' Tribute V6
Old 04-17-2010, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Lol my girlfriends car is SLOW. Your car is faster. She drives an 06' Tribute V6
Uh....actually, no. She'd kill me. LOL

I'm missing the stangs today man. GORGEOUS day out here and the GF is in MN. I could SO use a nice cruise/drive.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Uh....actually, no. She'd kill me. LOL

I'm missing the stangs today man. GORGEOUS day out here and the GF is in MN. I could SO use a nice cruise/drive.
It was raining all day here had the Explorer out. My buddies Cobra the other day check this thread out. I'll never drive in the rain on my drag radials again...
http://www.stangsofsouthflorida.com/...ad.php?t=14329
Old 04-18-2010, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

its been raining so damn much here.....kinda makes me happy I don't have a bike or toy cause I know how pissed I would be if I did and couldn't drive it
Old 04-18-2010, 01:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good death. "**** eating grin" i can picture that old fart.