Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Supra V.s Me From A Roll!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by baddogz28
BTW git sum- that is a ballsy post not just for being 17- it is with 1/4's in the 13's. What planet are you on???? If you want to finally lose come to IL and "prepare to get your *** handed to you." Hell- I won't even take your money... Id' be doing this board a service so the 75 or so % of the people on the board that have cars faster than you or I don't have to read a cocky post like that again. Sorry for the flame, but that "I run 13.3's on a Gtech (really 13.5's-13.7's) and haven't lost yet" post set me off.
So true...he came down kind of hard on the other kid....
Old 01-09-2004, 12:34 PM
12 Second Club

As the Rev Al Sharpton would say, "word."
Old 01-09-2004, 12:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6
Bwahahahaha!!!! HotPants McGants here thinks he's hot **** because he has a 99t/a at 17!!??? I got my 01 WS6 Back when I was 16. Ended up making a ton of money (Legally) and bought the car from my mom (to get away from the "she bought if for me" steriotype) and just purchased the Viper in my sig in summer of 2003. So don't get all high and mighty there "Git_Sum", cause there are plenty of kids in this country just like you or better.

And a stock T/A is nothing to boast about....they are easily beaten. The next guy w/ a lid and filter will beat you. Get some more horsepower (427ci) then come back here talkin smack......maybe then we will listen....then again, maybe not.

Many of us on this board will run your Viper any time you want... and we'll smoke it.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

well i have put a nice motor in two vehicles, lifted one, bought and built two trannies. also, paid for too much other ****. if i would save my money and sale both of my vehicles and what not, i could have a nice 98-02 TA or camaro, but im fine right now. ill just keep modding both my vehicles. my college graduation gift is going to be the new cobra for the year, but i am going to drive that new cobra to the chevy dealership, and do a trade in and pay the left over money for a new Z06! unless the cobras of the year to come are just a bad *** force to be reckoned with!
Old 01-09-2004, 02:29 PM
11 Second Club

I have a big ***** too.. I swear!
Old 01-09-2004, 03:56 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Originally Posted by git_sum
race him from a dig because supras arn't as fast from a dig, and from your times i'd say you'll have to practive on your shifting you should be gettin way better than that with that 100 shot, WAY BETTER. Oh by the way i'm only 17 with a 99T/A and have yet to be beaten.

Wow man, go back and listen to yourself. Hate to burst your bubble, but just about every car on this site (with the exception of milla in his jetta hehe) could walk you around by your pony tail. I would get that stick out of your *** and fall off your high horse before you go insulting someone with the identical car as you.

Oh and let me guess ... it is your insane driving skill in your AUTOMATIC that got you that BLISTERING 13.3 time ?? I agree that he should be faster than a mid-high 12's on the juice, but that is still faster then you currently are...

Trade in your TA and go buy a civic ... you were meant for that car.

Last edited by xphantomws6x; 01-09-2004 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

yea i am not here to brag at all i just want some helpful info, BTW i start by riding the clutch at 3000 and then shift at 6k.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

I also have a question about my nitrous on the nitrous oxide page so chime in, to see what the problem is!
Old 01-09-2004, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by me_eat_rice
yea i am not here to brag at all i just want some helpful info, BTW i start by riding the clutch at 3000 and then shift at 6k.
have you noticed that burning clutch smell ... can you guess what it could be? I would start saving for a new clutch now if I were you.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Super Mario

Many of us on this board will run your Viper any time you want... and we'll smoke it.
You're absolutely right.....some will beat it....most of the guys with little to no mods won't. As it sits right now it only runs high 11.50's @121 mph with drag radials being the only mods. (Ran 11.78@121.04 stock down to the filter and Pilots)

Unit, it is only a viper....I don't expect anyone to be impressed. Many people around here in Michigan have them as well, making them fairly commonplace.

But I will have to swing by your neck of the woods once the car is done this summer.....hint: you're gonna need more than 900rwhp to beat it. A few friendly roll on's would be some fun! Ahh the power of forced induction is sweet....as u well know.

But I do have a question that I've been wondering...on your new project, are you gonna keep the stock blower or are you going w/ a Kenne Bell? How much power can u make on the stock eaton blower?

P.S. Sorry guys if i came off the wrong way.....That kid kinda pissed me off. It's just that all my buddies and I got our rides when we were 16 and we all respected them and kept cool head about ourselves....probably the reason they are all still in one piece today! But we all knew that we could lose to any car on the street at any time, but this kid thinks he's ****** invincible! I will pay money to the first guy who cracks his *** on the street. Maybe he's only been racing the 4 bangers. Will someone find out where he lives and do this thread some justice. He needs to know what it feels like to have your ego smashed when those tail lights start pullin away.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:44 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

i hate being old 30 sux. im still a punk *** though. ill ******* race any1, win or lose
Old 01-09-2004, 10:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Dang, I hate I missed this thread, how did I miss it. Well, when I was 16 I had a '79 Z28 and knew it was slow, LOL. But, it looked good and sounded even better so I just let people think I was all bad. Luckily no one wanted to go for me. I just let 'em think I was fast, LOL. As for git some, he needs to "git" some *****, brains, and a butt whoopin' and shut up.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bwahahahaha!!!! HotPants McGants here thinks he's hot **** because he has a 99t/a at 17!!??? I got my 01 WS6 Back when I was 16. Ended up making a ton of money (Legally) and bought the car from my mom (to get away from the "she bought if for me" steriotype) and just purchased the Viper in my sig in summer of 2003. So don't get all high and mighty there "Git_Sum", cause there are plenty of kids in this country just like you or better.

And a stock T/A is nothing to boast about....they are easily beaten. The next guy w/ a lid and filter will beat you. Get some more horsepower (427ci) then come back here talkin smack......maybe then we will listen....then again, maybe not.
Well i got the car when i was 16, and as far as that lid and filter thing goes that bs, i've beat modded cars such as 2 camaro ss, and supercharged 5.0. Just because your 16 your not all that hot of ****, and as far as the viper goes whoopty ****** do. Dodges suck *** anyways.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Git sum, I think I know who sucks rear end... Gee, its you!!!
Old 01-09-2004, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by pdd
.... ill ******* race any1, win or lose
I agree pdd .... just wish I had some vette owners like you around here.

I have only been able to sucessfully entice 5 or 6 vettes to race in the past 2 years, THATS IT! I see them constantly, but never have any luck getting them to run.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:36 PM
TECH Junkie

I am so glad that some pubescent turd with an attitude could straighten out this whole board.
Old 01-09-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh and by the way if i had my parents hand me everythign then i'd probably have my **** modded too but my dad always stays on my *** for racing, so excuse the **** out of me huh. And most of you people talking smack are like what 30-40, if i don't hvae somethin better than transam or a camaro at that age them i think i'm just gonna rum my **** off a cliff. I mean come on i hate to be a smartass but good ****** god, do you guys really have to be such an ***, a 13.3 really isnt' that fast but it's not bad for a stock car. I'm sure it must be nice being able to do **** to your cars without having somebody threaten to put your **** in the garage all the time.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Son, I'm not 16 no more.....for your information people tend to age...I'm a few years older than you. I got that car 3 years ago....and this has been the best three years of my life, funny how that works.

But wow, I must congratulate you on your kill of a supercharged 5.0!!! Hahaha....dude....those things were dogs.....there probably isn't an LS1 in the town I live in that couldn't beat a blown 5.0 (centrifugal street kit mind you). I ran this guy that though he was hot **** (much like you), in his 95 blown 5.0 and blew his doors off. This was back when the WS6 was near stock.
However, I have seen some 5.0's that can move out! But if you claim to beat one then it wasn't really that hopped up.

All bullshit aside, I think you brought this **** storm upon yourself by actin like a cocky jackass, and insulting a board member's (which he seems like a nice guy as well) driving ability and car, and claiming you were that much better. Maybe he didn't have a good track prep, maybe he just got the car....he does row the gears too ya know...do you? Maybe.....you were racing some fast and furious civics and that is why you have a perfect win record. You sound like you race all the time, then all of a sudden you say that dad keeps you from racing.....so which is it?

BTW...back to the thread at hand, it is tough to say. I would figure you stand a very good chance....but we don't know if he messed w/ the boost or not. Stock for stock, you'll take him....but since when is a ricer honest about what is done to his car? My advice.....don't have your friends set up a race between you and a 550rwhp single turbo Supra when your fbody is near stock. LOL. Had this happen to me and found out what the rearend of that thing looked like quite well. I only lost by about 2-2 1/2 car lengths up to 90 or 100 or so, but i'm just glad that is where we ended it cause he was building steam fast. Good Luck!
Old 01-10-2004, 12:39 AM
STF Veteran

But wow, I must congratulate you on your kill of a supercharged 5.0!!! Hahaha....dude....those things were dogs.....there probably isn't an LS1 in the town I live in that couldn't beat a blown 5.0 (centrifugal street kit mind you). I ran this guy that though he was hot **** (much like you), in his 95 blown 5.0 and blew his doors off. This was back when the WS6 was near stock.

However, I have seen some 5.0's that can move out! But if you claim to beat one then it wasn't really that hopped up.
eh? a 5.0 with a procharger, smaller pully, and tuning can easily be laying 350 to 400hp to the rear wheels. Open up the exhaust and intake, maybe get the thing new heads & cam and it will put out enough power to destroy the block without any trouble. 5.0s have more parts than we could ever dream of. They've got like 17 or 18 different options for aftermarket heads alone! We have what, ported LS6 heads? AFR's new heads which I havn't even seen any real info on yet... *sigh*. Luckily we start off a lot faster... But don't forget that foxbody 5.0s can be light as **** with a very potent engine under the hood with just a little bit of work.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah 5.0s are pretty fast, way better than 95gt's, and i wasn't sayin the kid couldn't drive, but a 12.5 is bad with a 100 shot of nos. I can't drive a stick for **** but with just a week of practice i think i could do better than not, not raggin on the guy or nothin but it should be better. And i've only raced on import which was a supercharged prelude, with a lot of ohter ****, not a bad car at all if you ask me.