Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Supra V.s Me From A Roll!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 07:58 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
One of my friends dad is a GM master cert'd mechanic who knows alot, however my buddy knows about as much as my dog does.
Hey, don't beat up on your dog like that.
Old 01-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW, master mechanics know alot about cars in general. They rarely know much about an individual car. I gaurantee I know more about the LS1 engine compared to a master mechanic.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:00 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And since we are still double posting, I'll do it again also.

Btw .... the reason we believe other members over you is because you are a newbe and you have not proven you know a single thing about cars (as most of the rest of the guys on this board have) ... Actually, I think you have actually proven to us how LITTLE you know ... in the past posts you have shown that you know very little about your FAVORITE cars, make assumptions based on little to no knowledge, make claims with absolutely no factual backing, and even ask us questions, then when we answer them for you, use that information like you just came up with it.

Good job.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Btw .... the reason we believe other members over you is because you are a newbe and you have not proven you know a single thing about cars (as most of the rest of the guys on this board have) ... Actually, I think you have actually proven to us how LITTLE you know ... in the past posts you have shown that you know very little about your FAVORITE cars, make assumptions based on little to no knowledge, make claims with absolutely no factual backing, and even ask us questions, then when we answer them for you, use that information like you just came up with it.

Good job.
No i admit i'm not a master mechanic, or a car guru. For my age i think i'm doing better than a lot of other american teenagers. Oh and i have read somewhere about those Special Edition T/A's being faster, and i've been searching for it, its not somethin that i pulled out of my ***.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good job.
Oh please teach me your infinite knowledge . Your stuck on yourself, you really havn't proved that you know a lot more than i do. Just by throwing up some hp numbers of those old engines, hell anyone could do that. I think you just talk a lot of ****, which is fine with me because i like to talk a lot of **** too. until next time peace out
Old 01-13-2004, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've stayed out of the comments of the 79 trans am throught his whole pissing contest. I love Ponchos and the 79 is a nice car but it's not my favorite. Since you like reading about muscle cars here is a nice link to one you might find interesting. http://www.angelfire.com/mi/jamos1/sdtrivia.html I posted this link probably half a year ago maybe longer. Pay close attention to the numbers in that one.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

wow, this **** just gets better and better. I also believe that you also know as much as you are putting down, and doing by yourself. Everything i have done to my car, i did. minus things being machined. still do not have skills like that. one day i will though. i am still young. but i know, that i know more than a lot of people that populate this earth!
Old 01-13-2004, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by git_sum
No i admit i'm not a master mechanic, or a car guru. For my age i think i'm doing better than a lot of other american teenagers.

Not really. When I was 17, I at least knew how to tell F-Body generations apart...

My friend Tom had done both a tranny swap and an axle swap on his '89 WS6 before the age of 17.

My friend Matt had his own car practically done by the age of 17. He purchased it at 15, an '87 2.8L 700R4 Camaro (or maybe 3.1, I don't know, doesn't really matter) v6. The car had seen over 120k miles. He tore out the motor, primed and painted the entire body Viper Blue, put on 4th gen LS1 wheels, swapped motors (vette block, totally custom forged internal 355, custom cam & heads), swapped in a 4th gen 10-bolt rear. He's currently in the process of swapping the 700R4 witha T-56, seeing that the 700R4 was blown last time at the track.

His car is here, if you care: http://hometown.aol.com/num1stud56

Keep in mind, he accomplished all this before the age of 18.

Edit- Don't know if I mentioned that he did all of this work himself, from the paint to building the motor..

Last edited by Super Mario; 01-13-2004 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Not really. When I was 17, I at least knew how to tell F-Body generations apart...

My friend Tom had done both a tranny swap and an axle swap on his '89 WS6 before the age of 17.

My friend Matt had his own car practically done by the age of 17. He purchased it at 15, an '87 2.8L 700R4 Camaro (or maybe 3.1, I don't know, doesn't really matter) v6. The car had seen over 120k miles. He tore out the motor, primed and painted the entire body Viper Blue, put on 4th gen LS1 wheels, swapped motors (vette block, totally custom forged internal 355, custom cam & heads), swapped in a 4th gen 10-bolt rear. He's currently in the process of swapping the 700R4 witha T-56, seeing that the 700R4 was blown last time at the track.

His car is here, if you care: http://hometown.aol.com/num1stud56

Keep in mind, he accomplished all this before the age of 18.

Edit- Don't know if I mentioned that he did all of this work himself, from the paint to building the motor..
So your saying i can't tell F body generaitons apart? What in the hell would make you come ot that conclusion. And just because i didnt put my **** together piece by piece doesn't mean i don't knwo a thing or 2. By no means am i a mechanic but still.

And those are some pretty impressive numbers that those early 70's T/A's put out.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigBronco
wow, this **** just gets better and better. I also believe that you also know as much as you are putting down, and doing by yourself. Everything i have done to my car, i did. minus things being machined. still do not have skills like that. one day i will though. i am still young. but i know, that i know more than a lot of people that populate this earth!
So your saying i knwo more than i put down, or i don't know more than i put down? I'm confused And i havn't done a thing to my car other than change the factory speakers, which i did myself, or me and a friend did anyways.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Tick, tick, tick...
Old 01-13-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL UNIT....
Git_sum...

1)Just start reading more in the tech sections and you will learn more. Do so before you start giving advice and you won't get hammered as hard.

2)This thread asked a specific question and went WAY off course... entertaining but still in left field (still trying to Figure out how '79 TA has to do with the Supra.. J/K).

3)Don't forget that these message boards have no way to tell emotions without using smileys and emotes... So it is best that you re-read your posts before you actually post it.

ME_EAT_RICE: Back to the topic... I think at a roll, you should be able to take him.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

what i meant is as in what you build, how well it runs, and what not. sorry for sounding like an idiot which i am for my brain melting from school. I need a shiner. but yes man, just keep reading and working on cars!
Old 01-14-2004, 01:06 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Originally Posted by git_sum
Oh please teach me your infinite knowledge
Nah.

Your stuck on yourself, you really havn't proved that you know a lot more than i do.
How about the fact that my car has slightly shy of DOUBLE the HP your car has ... and it got there with every bolt being turned by myself. All you have mustered is a cat-back system, which I guaranteed you had installed for you.

Just by throwing up some hp numbers of those old engines, hell anyone could do that.
Anyone could, but you .... that is why I had to give you some information about them, since you seemed quite uninformed.
Also, anyone can pick a random car and say it is there favorite in order to try to act like a car guy ... fortunately, there are people like me to call BS.

I think you just talk a lot of ****, which is fine with me because i like to talk a lot of **** too. until next time peace out
I can tell you like to talk ****, which is what got you in this 'discussion' in the first place .... maybe if you didn't ramble on so much, you wouldn't be getting flamed for every post?

Oh yeah, PEACE OUT YO! ROTFL! KENTUCKY YO!
Old 01-14-2004, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Thanx for the input about the original thread topic
Old 01-14-2004, 09:12 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe I missed this thread.

Well, as I read a few pages back, WEICV dubbed Git Sum "Bullitt III."
I'll make it so (as I hold these powers vested in me by the BLC).
Old 01-14-2004, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Old 01-14-2004, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

I must say the offer sounds good, and South, add BLC to your sig, before your powers are taken away!

On a side note B3 or Bullitt the III it is!!
Old 01-14-2004, 12:08 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBronco
I must say the offer sounds good, and South, add BLC to your sig, before your powers are taken away!

On a side note B3 or Bullitt the III it is!!

Oh sh*t...
Old 01-14-2004, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

I feel kinda bad for GitSum now, after 9 pages of roasting him i'm worried his mom is going to find him passed out in the garage with his TA running trying to kill himself w/ the fumes. What a shame. Hopefully that doesn't happen b/c we can't afford to lose another "bullitt."