Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1st race F-body and fox-body

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st race F-body and fox-body

I recently sold my bone stock 55k miled 93 5.0 gt convertible mustang to a good friend. It was a nice ride but i wanted more power, and didnt want to spend a bunch of $ just to get it as fast as the ls1's are stock. So now i have a 98 trans am, and it is night and day different in power! I have been wanting to run it with my old 5.0 but we were always busy when the other wasnt. The other day i passed him outside of town and it was ON. We headed out to the highway< and it was empty so i wanted to go from a dig, my tires are bad so i figured he may get a jump. 3 honks and i eased into the throttle, not to light em up, then steady to the floor. Even tho i eased into it, the trans am just walked away from my old 5.0 like it was sittin still. IT WAS AWESOME. By the time i shifted into 2nd at about 45(its an a4) there was no since even going wot anymore, but i pullled to about 80 anyway. 2nd run i said lets go from a 40 roll, trying to give him the advantage cause thats just above where i cant down shift back to 1st, Again it instantly pulled hard from the 5.0, even at the bottom of 2nd, then left it more and more, till about 85 When a dog ran out of nowhere and make me brake REAL hard not to hit it. I was very pleased with the decision i made to sell the 5.0, I have always wanted a camaro or ta, now i know i could never not have one. Waiting for the next race now.....
Old 04-22-2010, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

but y didn u just strip the stang, put slicks and exhaust on it it would've ran 10s lmao

no but seriously run some mach 1 stangs they keep up but don't post if you win you will see all the trolls come out for you
Old 04-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by toslow5o
but y didn u just strip the stang, put slicks and exhaust on it it would've ran 10s lmao

no but seriously run some mach 1 stangs they keep up but don't post if you win you will see all the trolls come out for you
Old 04-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Good kill zaaronz. You are right, it does take a H/C/I setup to make them as fast as a LS1. What did your 5.0 have done to it?
Old 04-22-2010, 09:04 PM

Good kill, it's always fun racing and beating your old rides!

Someone is starting to look like a troll, that's for sure.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Good kill zaaronz. You are right, it does take a H/C/I setup to make them as fast as a LS1. What did your 5.0 have done to it?
It was bone stock, all original, so i didnt want to do a bunch of stuff to it anyway cause it was worth more like it was. Theres not alot of low mile stock ones. I got 6700 bucks for it, i paid 4k for the trans am.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good kill! now use that extra money you got and mod the t/a!

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Someone is starting to look like a troll, that's for sure.
Definitely! We need to get stopsign outta here!
Old 04-23-2010, 07:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no but seriously run some mach 1 stangs they keep up
sike!!
Old 04-23-2010, 11:08 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mannyman84
sike!!
just because you havent run with your "modded" ws6 doesnt mean you wont get a run with one thatll hand you your ***. go race newskool mach, bet he wont take it easy on you like that ferrari
Old 04-23-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WSsick
just because you havent run with your "modded" ws6 doesnt mean you wont get a run with one thatll hand you your ***. go race newskool mach, bet he wont take it easy on you like that ferrari
Well when I do then that's gonna be the day I run a really good modded mach. Now stop I've ran 3 machs and all the same. Of course newskool would beat me. Duuhh it's like if I tell a stock mach to go race a c6 zo6
Old 04-23-2010, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Well when I do then that's gonna be the day I run a really good modded mach. Now stop I've ran 3 machs and all the same. Of course newskool would beat me. Duuhh it's like if I tell a stock mach to go race a c6 zo6
they do keep up actually lol

though i've never had a stock one beat me. You'll get evryone on here hating if u say they are slower than a stock f-body
Old 04-23-2010, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

though i've never had a stock one beat me. You'll get evryone on here hating if u say they are slower than a stock f-body
Agreed 100% they do keep up with a good driver. Not like my friend that can't drive his.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by zaaronz
I recently sold my bone stock 55k miled 93 5.0 gt convertible mustang to a good friend. It was a nice ride but i wanted more power, and didnt want to spend a bunch of $ just to get it as fast as the ls1's are stock. So now i have a 98 trans am, and it is night and day different in power! I have been wanting to run it with my old 5.0 but we were always busy when the other wasnt. The other day i passed him outside of town and it was ON. We headed out to the highway< and it was empty so i wanted to go from a dig, my tires are bad so i figured he may get a jump. 3 honks and i eased into the throttle, not to light em up, then steady to the floor. Even tho i eased into it, the trans am just walked away from my old 5.0 like it was sittin still. IT WAS AWESOME. By the time i shifted into 2nd at about 45(its an a4) there was no since even going wot anymore, but i pullled to about 80 anyway. 2nd run i said lets go from a 40 roll, trying to give him the advantage cause thats just above where i cant down shift back to 1st, Again it instantly pulled hard from the 5.0, even at the bottom of 2nd, then left it more and more, till about 85 When a dog ran out of nowhere and make me brake REAL hard not to hit it. I was very pleased with the decision i made to sell the 5.0, I have always wanted a camaro or ta, now i know i could never not have one. Waiting for the next race now.....
15 sec car vs low-mid 13 car... hmm....

On a side note if your 5.0 was in good condition with only 55k original miles I hope you got decent money for it.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:01 PM
12 Second Club

nutswinging? hardly. just putting it in perspective to keep your giant ego down.

yeah, im sure youll hear than more often than not on LS1tech.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Ok sorry to hijack the thread but manny you have to be the most cocky LS1 guy ive heard of. Dude a 430 walks out on a ls1 and its hard to **** up hitting a paddle shift so hmmmm he took it easy. Also one day your going to have to step up and race real cars dude. Congrats on all your race wins but damn it seems like your area has nothing seriouse. again sorry for jacking the tread but Im sick of seeing this dude post a kill every day
Old 04-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Teching In

This should confirm that you made a good choice, NK by the way. I am far from a ford fan, but when you lock horns with a clean 5.0 mustang you never know what will happen. Doesnt matter that your LS1 is F/I, you might get your *** handed to you. The 80's 5.0 mustangs had a HUGE aftermarket supply of dirt cheap parts from day one. Dont forget the cars themselves were cheap to begin with. In 1988 you could purchase a 3100lb LX 5.0 with a 5 speed for 11 grand brand new. It was a stripper, but that also ment it was light. Cam, intake, gears and CAI = low 12's. Chevy couldnt come close to that. Lt1 and LS1 ripped the heart out of the 5.0 and the pretender mod motors, but in the 80's and early 90's you didnt F with a lumpy sounding 5.0. The threat should be considered the same as a Buick T-Type / GN. You should have no clue what is about to happen when the light turns green.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irmobaum1999ta
Ok sorry to hijack the thread but manny you have to be the most cocky LS1 guy ive heard of. Dude a 430 walks out on a ls1 and its hard to **** up hitting a paddle shift so hmmmm he took it easy. Also one day your going to have to step up and race real cars dude. Congrats on all your race wins but damn it seems like your area has nothing seriouse. again sorry for jacking the tread but Im sick of seeing this dude post a kill every day
Lmao!!! How am I cocky? U don't even know me in person at all. I've never said I'll smoke everyone here or on the street, infact probably 98% of the cars here Are way faster than me, just because I post kills almost all the time doesn't mean nothing else than me having a good time. And what do you mean "real cars"? Ferrari and an M3 aren't real cars? Or should I be racing hondas owned by 17 year olds that mod them and are as fast as my remote control car. And just because u live in a place that there is no traffic between 3 and 6 and has 2 lane roads for days, doesn't mean u have to be bashing on me. Everyone here is for the same reason. We all love and enjoy the car world and if u don't like my threads and my opinions on things then don't come in at all and don't look at my threads and bash just because u get no action out there. Have a good day.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh and I know an f430 would kill me if it really wanted too. You swear I would really pull on the guy. If it's in your head that I said I'll kill a Ferrari then your retarted!