Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach 1 vs Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Hello everyone, yes Im a noob, but not here to start any trouble, just want learn a little about LS1s and there setups.

As far as the thread, I dont think he meant any harm by lying to you guys, Im guessing he just wanted to have a little fun with you guys, otherwise he wouldn't have posted links to his youtube and a pic of his engine. BUT he did seem to come across a bit cocky as the thread went on. Also, as far as the Eaton swap, it HIGHLY unlikely that only $1500 was spent on it, possible maybe, but highly unlikely, even if he did it all himself, which is still up in the air with all the back and forth about him doing it and then later saying it was purchased this way. As far as his power, there's no doubt in my mind that car can put down 460whp at 17* timing and full exhaust.

BTW, Ponygt65, his username is N47WTF, seems like a relatively new member.
HOw's it goin? THere are a fair amount of good members in here. OF course there's the usual stangs suck and the owners are lame stuff, but over all we get along pretty well. As long as people don't get too ignorant, arrogant to stupid in their claims.

thanks for the heads up.

Edit: I just found the post where Korey stated he had about $1700 into his. Even at a guess without keeping track it was more than $1500 that mongoose was claiming.

Last edited by ponygt65; 05-04-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
HOw's it goin? THere are a fair amount of good members in here. OF course there's the usual stangs suck and the owners are lame stuff, but over all we get along pretty well. As long as people don't get too ignorant, arrogant to stupid in their claims.

thanks for the heads up.

Edit: I just found the post where Korey stated he had about $1700 into his. Even at a guess without keeping track it was more than $1500 that mongoose was claiming.
Thanks. Yea I spent about $3500 for mine, but that included an upgraded heat exchanger(dual pass), gauges, head cooling mod, cobra tank/pumps and a new oil cooler assembly(couldn't find one used so that raised the total price a bit). If I deduct the sale of my C&L intake and stock fuel tank, we're talking about $3200, but Im keeping everything else incase I need to go back to stock, if I sold it all I can see maybe only having ended up paying around $2500 maybe a but not $1500,thats too low. Im sure I could've save a few hundred if I took my time and found the best deal posssible but I decided it was all at once or another route, no way in hell Im gonna spend a year collecting parts

Last edited by BlkMach1; 05-04-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by InsomZ
What about the fact a 4.6 needs a supercharger to keep up with a 5.7 N/A.
Same with 5.0's without some sort of power adder. They can't hang.

Closest competition to my car from Ford is a GT500 right? They can't hang without serious mods.

What does Ford have for the ZR1? A Ford GT.. again.. needs mods to match the showroom stock bowtie not to mention cost $50k more.

Just thought I'd stir the pot..

Make any excuses you want the Corvette gets no special graces when it is pitted against an 8.3 liter Viper. You do not see magazines giving the Corvette any slack saying.. well to make it fair we will add nitrous or a SC to the z06 7.0 liter.
dude my 4.6 has the weakest blower and least amount of boost and drug plenty of 5.7s and your 6.2 with cam and longtubes was only 2 cars out in front and i know mine was 1/4 of the price

thanks for the heads up.

Ok sorry 1700. Korey built this car like I said above. The previous owner did all the work himself. I just happened to get the car at a very nice price so why by a stock one for the same money and have to spend more to get to where this one was already for just a short drive back home is all it cost me extra
Old 05-04-2010, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bad Notch
The difference is, you can take a 100% oem 5.0 and stick a $1200 S-Trim kit on it and make more RWHP and RWTQ than anything you can throw on a stock bottom end LS1.

A few years ago, I built a super mild and cheap OEM block 306 ( stock crank and rods with a $250 set of pistons ), TFS heads and intake, and a 500/510 218/226 114 Lunati cam and it belted out 622 RWHP on a Mustang dyno for 3 years straight. Ran 9.92 best ET and ran a best MPH of 143. This was on a 26x10 and with a 5 speed.
Streching the truth a little I see! Well I took a little stock bottom end iron block 4.8L gm motor and just dropped a cam in it and made like 9000rwhp and went 1.23in the 1/4mile at like 600mph. I ran this setup until I woke up from the same dream you where having!! Come on man. What was your CR 148:1?

Last edited by odarabla; 05-04-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 04Mongoose
dude my 4.6 has the weakest blower and least amount of boost and drug plenty of 5.7s and your 6.2 with cam and longtubes was only 2 cars out in front and i know mine was 1/4 of the price

Ok sorry 1700. Korey built this car like I said above. The previous owner did all the work himself. I just happened to get the car at a very nice price so why by a stock one for the same money and have to spend more to get to where this one was already for just a short drive back home is all it cost me extra
Damn bro! Come on man you are starting to sound like a youngster! Now you have 2 call outs on LS1tech. So are you gonna chicken out or are you gonna run him? Come on bro, I'm on your side! whoop that *** and post that **** up on here!! You got this man! You can do it!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

No **** Mongoose. Its just another 5.7 for you to take down...
Old 05-05-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Even a weak blower should add 100rwhp+ right.. especially at 17 lbs.

What does your car being 1/4 the price have to do with anything? My ls1 z28 that cost $13k sure that was a budget build.. cheapest headers that still performed, used cam, etc.

I didn't buy an LS3 for a "budget build". Good for you as far as the budget but that was not my goal. If it was I'd of bought a used c5 z06 with a blower already making 600+rwhp.

Last edited by InsomZ; 05-05-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks for the heads up.

Stangs suck and their owners are lame.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Mustang guys are funny.

No seriously, just read this thread.

600+hp from a N/A 306.....exactly.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

we live kinda close, ill run you in my cam only ws6? let me know.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by redws618
we live kinda close, ill run you in my cam only ws6? let me know.
Damn Mongose!! That's 3 times!! If you don't answer to any of them then that means you where owned by LS1tech. Remember that comment you posted on your youtube page about owning LS1tech. Well buddy looks like tech just returned the favor!!
Old 05-06-2010, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Stangs suck and their owners are lame.
not as bad as fbod vert LS6 owners.
Originally Posted by RON 95ZR1
Mustang guys are funny.

No seriously, just read this thread.

600+hp from a N/A 306.....exactly.
I must've missed that part.

Quick Reply: Mach 1 vs Trans Am