Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 wife
who cares!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
I can see the OP pulling a car or 2 tops with similar drivers but not buslengths, either way a race is a race and that was the result, but no need to be cocky about it.

PS: I just got here and I already dislike 02wife
I think thats pretty much the consensus...

I never said i had the fastest car on here! You guys need to man up!
No you need to man up or quit running your mouth sounding like an idiot

Originally Posted by 2002CamaroSS1982
Its just all in what you insinuate, I just think if F8LBYT sprayed on you you'd be toast but I guess if you aren't willing to drive to meet him your car wins in a bench race right?
Well of course... Maybe I should stop because it doesnt matter I'll never see him and his car is just faster. Oh well haha

Originally Posted by ponygt65

Stock heads and 281CId non stroked? WTF? WHat's your build man, that's pretty much unheard of. BTW, I vaguely remember your name on SVTP. YOu have a black Cobra right?
If I remember right his car has a C head and intake swap with comp stage 3 cams but the heads and intake are unported. Impressive numbers for sure especially with a 240,000 mile shortblock ha
Old 05-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock heads and 281CId non stroked? WTF? WHat's your build man, that's pretty much unheard of. BTW, I vaguely remember your name on SVTP. YOu have a black Cobra right?
yup I am on SVTP a lot. It is a black 96 Cobra....I got called out on it, until I posted a dyno graph of it.

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
If I remember right his car has a C head and intake swap with comp stage 3 cams but the heads and intake are unported. Impressive numbers for sure especially with a 240,000 mile shortblock ha
03 heads w/ 01 intake manifold with stage 2 off the shelf cams. I really wish I had the time to get my heads ported, but they said it would take two weeks and I had classes starting in a 3-4 days and I was staring at an empty engine bay, lol.

I'm saving everything this summer and hoping to build a new N/A motor...should make some big numbers, even for an LS1 guy.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chris Scott
yup I am on SVTP a lot. It is a black 96 Cobra....I got called out on it, until I posted a dyno graph of it.
Yeah, I remember you. Nice to see you on here man.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

03 heads w/ 01 intake manifold with stage 2 off the shelf cams. I really wish I had the time to get my heads ported, but they said it would take two weeks and I had classes starting in a 3-4 days and I was staring at an empty engine bay, lol.

I'm saving everything this summer and hoping to build a new N/A motor...should make some big numbers, even for an LS1 guy.
I had a black 97....fun car. Its safe to say that you are one of the rare few with an SN95 N/A DOHC car making that kind of power.. very nice man, always nice to see a different set up.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

NA Cobras arent turds...hes just another bad Cobra driver...373's in a 4V is like 273's in ours....430/456's ftw!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Teching In

Yeah, I remember you. Nice to see you on here man.
It's good to be here, I love all sorts of cars. Truth be told, the only reason I ended up with a Cobra was because at the time I couldn't afford a WS6. lol.

I had a black 97....fun car. Its safe to say that you are one of the rare few with an SN95 N/A DOHC car making that kind of power.. very nice man, always nice to see a different set up.
Thanks man. I just wanted to be different.. I love being asked if it was supercharged everytime after someone sees me do pull.lol

Also one of the reasons why I am swapping to a carburetor setup on this..not many 4v motors out there with one.

You LSx guys are making me have to bust my ***** to keep up with you guys! [for now.. ]
Old 05-05-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's good to be here, I love all sorts of cars. Truth be told, the only reason I ended up with a Cobra was because at the time I couldn't afford a WS6. lol.

Thanks man. I just wanted to be different.. I love being asked if it was supercharged everytime after someone sees me do pull.lol

Also one of the reasons why I am swapping to a carburetor setup on this..not many 4v motors out there with one.

You LSx guys are making me have to bust my ***** to keep up with you guys! [for now.. ]
Thats our job!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
NA Cobras arent turds...hes just another bad Cobra driver...373's in a 4V is like 273's in ours....430/456's ftw!
Depends on what your definition of 'turd' is. They don't break 10's N/A like an LSx, that's for sure. They do go fast with boost though.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Banned

Haha, thanks , stupid people just really bug me. When I had my Cobra on good DR's and the shot it was a mid 11's car with almost no weight out of it, stock interior etc. I sold it last April and I know the kid that bought it pretty well and he sent me a video of it about 2 months ago running a 10.98 on the same set up as I had power wise, just had weight reduction, bigs and littles, an ET Street slick/DR, and a TH400 with a transbrake....it kinda made me sad I sold it.....but oh well, I wonder if 02Wifes magical car would blow the doors off of my old Cobra...not likely.

I mean lets face facts though SN95 Cobras were doggy down low from the factory but really came on strong up high.... and they more than held their own against the other sports cars of the day, if you have an SN95 Cobra your first mods should be gear and a power adder of some sort.....you can make some good power NA but it is $$$$$. If I had my set up to do all over again I would have stuck with the 150 shot and upped to a 4.56 gear.
I hate it when people compare cars they use to have with my car. First off all

this cobra you use to own probably would beat my car. It has weight

reduction, slicks and a th400 with a transbrake, and dont forget the nitrous.

All I would have to do is put 150 shot on my car and me and your old cobra

would have a good race.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
I don't like running my mouth off to other people, but I have seen hondas on a stock B16 with a turbo go better than 11.90's. I personally wouldn't **** talk unless I had a solid 10 sec car. Too many cars are getting too fast now, even factory cars, to really talk much trash.

I'm sure I could build a car to do better times than that with about $4K. Granted it wouldn't look as nice as a camaro.
I only talk **** to people who start with me. Finish up your trans am and stop

racing that overpriced and over hyped shelby!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Why do you use the exclamation point so much?! All it does it make you look stupid! And I'm sure other people here think the same thing when they see it after 95% of the sentences you post!

This is a internet car site. I'm not typing a college English paper. You guys dont have a problem reading my posts. So if I use ! too much get over it!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Banned

Lol ok, geez, I can understand being proud of your ride but give me a break, the people that are oblivious to logic really bug me. There are alot of SN95 Cobras running around that would eat up an 11.90 car. Like I said I don't have a bone to pick in the whole Ford/Chevy LS1/DOHC mod motor battle but I can look at things realistically and say that there are more than a handful of combos on a properly set up and driven SN95 Cobra that would run deeper than an 11.90, it would have taken more than an 11.90 to beat my Cobra, you would have been staring at tailights.
And just for the record I didnot call out F8L BYT! He opened his mouth challenging me to race with his bolt on cobra. He has nitrous and said he would use it. I said bring it on, this all occured on another thread you probably were not aware of it before.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RON 95ZR1
Depends on what your definition of 'turd' is. They don't break 10's N/A like an LSx, that's for sure.
Thats been done for a few years already. Need to read up on the other side.

-Mark
Old 05-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Thats been done for a few years already. Need to read up on the other side.

-Mark
And I bet that was 1 out of 1,000 modulars to do that right? Full weight reduction, 4.56's, slicks/skinnies, the whole 9? Am I close...
Old 05-05-2010, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

And I bet that was 1 out of 1,000 modulars to do that right? Full weight reduction, 4.56's, slicks/skinnies, the whole 9? Am I close...
Just missing shock shortblock and you're good to go. Or how about low 9's with under 330 cubes. That better? Thanks.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

startin to sound pretty ricey in here
Old 05-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Just missing shock shortblock and you're good to go. Or how about low 9's with under 330 cubes. That better? Thanks.
My apologies, I should have been more specific. When I said "they don't go 10's N/A" I was speaking of your usual modded street/strip car, not a full on race car nor a gutted out fox-body with a 4.6 shoved in it. Sorry bout that.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And just for the record I didnot call out F8L BYT! He opened his mouth challenging me to race with his bolt on cobra. He has nitrous and said he would use it. I said bring it on, this all occured on another thread you probably were not aware of it before.
Uh if you recall I only called you out because of your intelligent posts and how you think anything that isnt an ls1 is quick... Now stop talking until you decide to back up what you say

My apologies, I should have been more specific. When I said "they don't go 10's N/A" I was speaking of your usual modded street/strip car, not a full on race car nor a gutted out fox-body with a 4.6 shoved in it. Sorry bout that.
Who cares how they get there? And BTW there is a STOCK 281 cubic inch motor car that runs 9's just sayin... And its kinda funny that you are talking like that when your 120,000 car only runs 10.90's. Don't get me wrong I love it though And nice color choice
Old 05-06-2010, 04:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Very hard to defend Cobras around here, not all but a lot of brand specific members...