Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02 ta vs 96 mystic cobra

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 ta vs 96 mystic cobra

Here it is since my last thread got closed. I met Mr. Mustang at a friends house and boy did his car sound mean. We started talking and then got to business. We rolled out on to the strip and ran from like 30 to 70 something and i pulled pretty hard on him. Then we went down to where everyone runs at. He warmed his drag radials up and I just spun my tires over to clean them up alittle bit. When we went it wasnt even a race. It was pathetic, a NA Cobra is a turd. I pulled bus lengths on his car. I raced this waste of gas 2 times with the same results. He has drag radials, 373 gear, headers and full exhaust and a dyno tune from I think he said Livernois. I know the couple of mustang owners here are gunna say he cant drive but that man can row gears. He has some pretty fast cars. My mods are a slp cat back, slp lid and a bs smooth bellow, a line lock that i have never used, a rebuilt trans with good stuff inside. Thats about it.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:56 PM
***Repost Police***

A full-exhaust/geared '96 Cobra with DRs should be ~13.0 in the 1/4. So if you slaughtered him, he can't drive. Good kill though.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stgeelhorse92
It was pathetic, a NA Cobra is a turd.
hopefully the guy with the 11 sec n/a cobra will pop in.

get it on video next time.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Teching In

i dont know man. It was bad though just really really bad.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:23 PM
***Repost Police***

And... if it was "just really really bad," then apparently the driver isn't nearly as good as you think he is. Just don't expect to win like that every time.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Teching In

just understand that a 96 cobra is weak.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

And then you wonder why they have shut down your threads.

Good kill! Those 96 Cobras are not much to mess with once they mod though. I have a 97 Cobra that wants to race me this summer and I have a feeling it will be very close with the advantage going to him due to mods vs. mods
Old 05-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
And then you wonder why they have shut down your threads.

Good kill! Those 96 Cobras are not much to mess with once they mod though. I have a 97 Cobra that wants to race me this summer and I have a feeling it will be very close with the advantage going to him due to mods vs. mods
Difference being op has a ls1 and you have a lt1. (no offense)
Old 05-01-2010, 04:37 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, but you're a fool if you think a full bolt-on/stalled/geared LT1 can't get down the strip just as fast as (if not faster than) a stock/stock-ish LS1.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Yeah, but you're a fool if you think a full bolt-on/stalled/geared LT1 can't get down the strip just as fast as (if not faster than) a stock/stock-ish LS1.
Had 1 bud back off. I sold it for a reason
Old 05-01-2010, 05:03 PM

Good kill, but sounds like bad driving to me. Not saying you shouldn't have won, but if he is the great driver you claim and you put multiple bus lengths on him then you're extremely minor bolt-on car must run 11's...
Old 05-01-2010, 05:11 PM
***Repost Police***

Oh I know plenty about LT1s and LSx motors. But the OP's LS1 and Marc's LT1 would be an interesting race.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Banned

Oh I know plenty about LT1s and LSx motors. But the OP's LS1 and Marc's LT1 would be an interesting race.
I believe you im just saying i had a full bolt on lt1 6speed and it was tough till it hit 3rd lol. Thats when the ls1 is gonna start pulling but i see where your coming from
Old 05-01-2010, 05:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jgoodson
I believe you im just saying i had a full bolt on lt1 6speed and it was tough till it hit 3rd lol. Thats when the ls1 is gonna start pulling but i see where your coming from
Considering the said LS1 has only a catback and a lid, I'd say a geared, full exhaust, dynotuned 96 Cobra with DR's shouldn't have had a problem with the said LS1. But the OP won, so thats what matters.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here it is since my last thread got closed. I met Mr. Mustang at a friends house and boy did his car sound mean. We started talking and then got to business. We rolled out on to the strip and ran from like 30 to 70 something and i pulled pretty hard on him. Then we went down to where everyone runs at. He warmed his drag radials up and I just spun my tires over to clean them up alittle bit. When we went it wasnt even a race. It was pathetic, a NA Cobra is a turd. I pulled bus lengths on his car. I raced this waste of gas 2 times with the same results. He has drag radials, 373 gear, headers and full exhaust and a dyno tune from I think he said Livernois. I know the couple of mustang owners here are gunna say he cant drive but that man can row gears. He has some pretty fast cars. My mods are a slp cat back, slp lid and a bs smooth bellow, a line lock that i have never used, a rebuilt trans with good stuff inside. Thats about it.
What were his shift points?

If you believe they are weak and you know he can row through the gears, then you should know he is aware of the best shift points...and for you to know he is a badass driver, then you should know where he shifted.

see where I'm goin' wiht this?
Old 05-01-2010, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

I kill stock ls1s on the track no matter what lol and pull them decently from a roll about 2 cars on a stock auto and about 1.5 on a stock m6
Old 05-02-2010, 02:06 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where do you live at? I have a little N/A cobra that you can see how slow they really are. Guy cant drive if its as bad as you say, sorry you can deny that all you want but its true
Old 05-02-2010, 02:15 AM
11 Second Club

Something seems off here, what mph did you race to?
Old 05-02-2010, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Where do you live at? I have a little N/A cobra that you can see how slow they really are. Guy cant drive if its as bad as you say, sorry you can deny that all you want but its true
Hell you'd likely beat him on motor
Old 05-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Hell you'd likely beat him on motor
Oh it would be on motor, I wouldnt spray. I just cant stand nut swingers sometimes. I mean being brand oriented like chevy or ford is completely fine but being cocky like he is and not knowing how his competition should actually run is what gets annoying.

That race should have been close but again it is the street and some people buy performance cars and just dont know how to drive them so anything is possible. Just saying the outcome is not normal