Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GTO vs Mach1 vs C6

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cammedc6
not sure. all i know is what the gto and vette has. vette would have done better against the mach if he had a motor tune. he races on a nitrous tune even when he runs on motor.
I was wondering why the mach held so well. Similar power with probably ~300 pound advantage and aero.

All cars are very nice regardless.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I was wondering why the mach held so well. Similar power with probably ~300 pound advantage and aero.

All cars are very nice regardless.

My buddies vette got out by a lil over a car on the Mach. With both cars similiar in power, the vette weight advantage by a couple hundred lbs would allow the lil over a car length. So it all sounds about right to me. Now once the vette gets a motor tune he should do much better. Right now he is running on a nitrous tune since he doesn't have a switch to swap between tunes.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

The GTO is sick. Imagine how bad that would of been with him on bottle.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

not sure. all i know is what the gto and vette has. vette would have done better against the mach if he had a motor tune. he races on a nitrous tune even when he runs on motor.
Have you dynoed max N/A and max on spray. If its not a large shot or dry shot your talking maybe 5-10hp, not enought o significantly change the results of the race. On 100 shot on my car i lost 4hp from the nitrous tune over N/A.

If hes running a dry shot it makes sense but wet kits depends on the fuel jetting to really make the tune, not the computer besides timing.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Have you dynoed max N/A and max on spray. If its not a large shot or dry shot your talking maybe 5-10hp, not enought o significantly change the results of the race. On 100 shot on my car i lost 4hp from the nitrous tune over N/A.

If hes running a dry shot it makes sense but wet kits depends on the fuel jetting to really make the tune, not the computer besides timing.

He is probably down 20-25 hp bc of his tune with alot of timing being taken out. I know this bc when we tested my timing retard on my car to take out 6 degrees of timing for my juice I lost almost 30 hp. Joe with the gto in the video tested his timing retard since we have the exact same system also lost alot of hp when timing was taken out. Not just 5-10hp. But since we both have a switch between motor and nitrous tunes we never have this problem like my buddies vette does in the video.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

oh you must be spraying 150+ then
Old 05-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

oh you must be spraying 150+ then
yes. I spray a 150. The vette in video only sprays 100 for now when he does. He bought the car used with the tune already done. He just hasn't had a chance to go get seperate tunes.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

My buddies vette got out by a lil over a car on the Mach. With both cars similiar in power, the vette weight advantage by a couple hundred lbs would allow the lil over a car length. So it all sounds about right to me. Now once the vette gets a motor tune he should do much better. Right now he is running on a nitrous tune since he doesn't have a switch to swap between tunes.
That's what I meant. I would have expected the vette to pull a tad more. Runnin' a nitro tune explains it. I wouldnt' expect a 'blow out', but just a better lead.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
what is done to the gto?
search button
Umm, doesnt it help if you tell us who the hell's GTO that is first?!?! Seriously, I searched the sight for modded GTO's but gave up after page 3,563.

Edit: saw exact same post over on LS2GTO.com forums. Assuming that the GTO was "0-60N3" (and maybe also tho 6.0Monsta orignial poster that started this?) and his signature says "Fastest NA Goat in the US".
Old 05-29-2010, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

IMO even though i enjoyed the vid...........you cant make an excuse for something that is easily fixable......150 dollar HSW interface.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Umm, doesnt it help if you tell us who the hell's GTO that is first?!?! Seriously, I searched the sight for modded GTO's but gave up after page 3,563.

Edit: saw exact same post over on LS2GTO.com forums. Assuming that the GTO was "0-60N3" (and maybe also tho 6.0Monsta orignial poster that started this?) and his signature says "Fastest NA Goat in the US".
that is him. yea, he uses 2 diff names
Old 05-29-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

search button
lol search what? GTO? that will narrow it down.

nice vid!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones

That's me.

IMO even though i enjoyed the vid...........you cant make an excuse for something that is easily fixable......150 dollar HSW interface.
I agree. I paid the $150, others can too.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cahill93Z28
lol search what? GTO? that will narrow it down.

nice vid!
i would have used the search button and clicked advanced search. then where you can type in the member name i would have typed "6.0monsta" so you can see all of his recent post and threads that way i could tell which car in the video was his based on his threads. so based on his threads you know he has a gto and more than likely that is his car in the video. then you can look at his threads in detail and see what is done to the car. very simple search.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or you can just put the **** in your signature and save every single damned person who reads your threads from having to do a 5-10minute search! Come on man, think it thru. It's why you put your mods in your sig, right?

Tell your buddy to update his sig.

Badass GTO btw Monsta! A 427 LS3 from Mast Motorsports is on my dream list. That where you got yours? I'm sure it would be cheaper to do it yourself, but 610hp pump gas crate engines, complete from waterpump to starter, even with programmed ECU and harness, sure makes it simpler.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

i would have used the search button and clicked advanced search. then where you can type in the member name i would have typed "6.0monsta" so you can see all of his recent post and threads that way i could tell which car in the video was his based on his threads. so based on his threads you know he has a gto and more than likely that is his car in the video. then you can look at his threads in detail and see what is done to the car. very simple search.
Whooooosaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Whooooosaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Old 05-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Joe you idiot. Update your sig. Sticks n stones told me to tell you.
Make it is easy like mine so people don't have to search. Duh you big dumby. Btw sticks n stones his motor is built by Virginia Speed. Think there were a few threads about it.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah my highest priority in life is to make sure every mod done on my car is listed in my sig for the whole world to see. Some of us race and don't want everything published to the whole world. If you're too lazy to search you fail in life. There is about a 10 page thread listed on the entire build.

Hey waterboy,,,,,,,,,dooooourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... .
Old 05-29-2010, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 6.0monsta
Yeah my highest priority in life is to make sure every mod done on my car is listed in my sig for the whole world to see. Some of us race and don't want everything published to the whole world. If you're too lazy to search you fail in life. There is about a 10 page thread listed on the entire build.

Hey waterboy,,,,,,,,,dooooourrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... .

Bwahahahaha. You should still update your sig to say " Use search button"
Old 05-29-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Regular

Bwahahahaha. You should still update your sig to say " Use search button"
Good idea