Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

06 GTO vs 98 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for proving me write in both statements Steal.

The first.

Originally Posted by Ke^in
But I doubt you have the ability to multi-quote.
And the second

Watch him reply again. This time with more anger. Posting the same info that was debunked 3 times before.
You've done both of the things I predicted you'd do. Congratulations!
This might actually get humorous
And it did.

Keep it up. I am sure someone will get annoyed enough and ban you.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by SteelCityZ
i dont need to pick apart your post and waste time pointing out how you are wrong, wrong, and wrong again. who was the one making personal attacks again? picking apart sentences to show english mistakes? trying to make yourself look better or something? i posted ads from my local classified debunking your price gap. it doesnt make sense to buy a mustang when you get a better platform for the same price. i have shown plenty of evidence to back this up. just because you can pull up a few autotrader classifieds doesnt mean anything. location, the cost of living in that area, weather in that area, volume of that vehicle in the area - all factors in used car pricing. but i cant see some huge gap between the average(yes i said average for already stated reasons, if you dont know what that is the read until you do) fbodys and mustangs unless you are comparing DIFFERENT AREAS. anyone who disagrees with me has either bought an overpriced fbody or bought a mustang. its pretty easy to see that. i still have not been shown a n/a 2v that hit 400 rwhp. nor a 3v. lt1's will do it all day. and for much less money. i still have room to grow with fi if i chose to later on down the road. i wdont even need to mention an ls1 in this example because it would just be worse for the mustang. a cheap supercharger setup isnt going to give room to grow, nor should it be used in the same sentence as "safe, and "reliable". if hp/trap speed doesnt matter than why dont fast cars trap slow? its hardly an arguement from you 2v owners.

also snake, i feel bad for you and your low 13's h/c/i car haha..thats a 5.0 for ya. sorry bud..you bought the wrong car. its ok you feel the need to defend it i understand. you dont want to look in your driveway and see a huge chunk of worth nothing.
So now my car is a 13s car? News to me! Intake is stock, by the way, although it is getting ported soon and has the stock MAF. The car has been driven EVERYWHERE and I mean EVERYWHERE since I've had it. Winter and all, she's my ol'faithful, reliable, EASY AS HELL TO FIX (that's when something goes wrong, not often at all) In my last response I only stated the facts, your rambling incoherent statements are painful to read and when you don't have a leg to stand on, you **** yourself then try to save face by jumping to another topic. Bought the wrong car? You seriously have surpassed an elite few of idiots on here and taken the top spot. I won't go into detail, but when someone picks a car it's personal preference, not to sound like a ricer but what did you pay for your car? You obviously have never ridden in any quick Mustangs or ones that are easy to modify, and you are a disgrace to all the members on here who make the site such a resourceful venue. You can talk big **** on the internet but judging by your lack of intelligence I'm willing to bet you're the ol' write a check and drop off the parts to the mechanic type, which is fine, nothing wrong with that, but you talk big game like you know what you're talking about, and it's apparent you don't. I'm right by STL, maybe for fun we should line our cars up so I can show you how "the wrong car" fairs against yours...I know I'd lose but it'd be a fun experiment anyway...
Old 06-18-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

I've also noticed he didn't state what he owns.

If I had a guess, I'd say a LT1 at best.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

also snake, i feel bad for you and your low 13's h/c/i car haha..thats a 5.0 for ya. sorry bud..you bought the wrong car. its ok you feel the need to defend it i understand. you dont want to look in your driveway and see a huge chunk of worth nothing.
Uncalled for! Keep crap like that up and I'm sure you wont be around much longer to argue on here if you're going to attack people like that.

What do you drive Mr. Almighty car god?

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
The good lord gave me a left foot and a right hand for a reason.... to drive a manual. Thus owning a manual is holy.
that's great I like that

Originally Posted by snake95
So now my car is a 13s car? News to me! Intake is stock, by the way, although it is getting ported soon and has the stock MAF. The car has been driven EVERYWHERE and I mean EVERYWHERE since I've had it. Winter and all, she's my ol'faithful, reliable, EASY AS HELL TO FIX (that's when something goes wrong, not often at all) In my last response I only stated the facts, your rambling incoherent statements are painful to read and when you don't have a leg to stand on, you **** yourself then try to save face by jumping to another topic. Bought the wrong car? You seriously have surpassed an elite few of idiots on here and taken the top spot. I won't go into detail, but when someone picks a car it's personal preference, not to sound like a ricer but what did you pay for your car? You obviously have never ridden in any quick Mustangs or ones that are easy to modify, and you are a disgrace to all the members on here who make the site such a resourceful venue. You can talk big **** on the internet but judging by your lack of intelligence I'm willing to bet you're the ol' write a check and drop off the parts to the mechanic type, which is fine, nothing wrong with that, but you talk big game like you know what you're talking about, and it's apparent you don't. I'm right by STL, maybe for fun we should line our cars up so I can show you how "the wrong car" fairs against yours...I know I'd lose but it'd be a fun experiment anyway...
No need to defend yourself man that guy is a tool. He is completely discrediting himself also saying a 5.0 car w/ h/c/i is a 13 sec car. Anybody that knows anything about them knows thats never true. The absolute worst combination would still land you in the 12's. Dont retaliate back on someone like him he isnt worth you getting banned.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:22 AM
10 Second Club

My brother that's 12 years my senior had a 79 official pace car back in 81. I was 7/8 years old and it was the first "muscle" car I had been in. Yeah it only had a 4cyl and turbo setup, but it was still faster than anything I had been in before it. I remember he'd take off on straight always just to see me smile. Then when I was in Jr High and High School when the fox body 5.0 was out. I wanted a blacked out one. Those looked so damned sexy. Couldn't afford one at 16 that was for sure. I was actually planning on buying a WS6. But Nostalgia and a low mileage car for a great price brought me back to the Mustang. I'd still take a WS6 however.

A sponsor? Or a complaint by one? The latter is an easy one. Act like 02 Wife. The first, no clue.
You mean like this one...My first "new" Mustang. You GM guys had to watch out think the 6lbs of non intercooled, 10 minute turbo lag, 145FWHP would kick ***!!!!

Old 06-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

i am gonna bet he has a very aggressive setup n/a or a power adder. you mustang guys just refuse to see the light...
There is nothing aggressive about my setup. Here it is regular driving. If it was aggressive it would be a mid to low 10 second N/A car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYwq3AO3Cpo
Old 06-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by snake95
nope i do all the work on my car myself. books and service manuals do wonders for knowing how to work on a car. i do everything but setup gears and tranny work by myself. i currently have my 95 z in pieces doing a h/c swap and freshening up the rings and bearings. ran 13.0 at 105 with headers, full exhaust, cai, tune, and 3.73's in an auto. i'd more than happy to run your head/cam car when mine is put together. paid 3200 for my car to btw. 80k
Old 06-18-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Regular

I've also noticed he didn't state what he owns.

If I had a guess, I'd say a LT1 at best.
i currently have my 95 z in pieces
Man I am getting good at these predictions.

Not that I am dissing the LT1 at all.

BTW this "Once I get this and this done I'll race you" is lame. You don't have a car running, and you are talking smack.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
There is nothing aggressive about my setup. Here it is regular driving. If it was aggressive it would be a mid to low 10 second N/A car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYwq3AO3Cpo
its all in the details of your setup, not in a video of you cruising. so tell us what you got and shut me up or dont post. simple. i have yet to be proven wrong but it happens. just a bunch of mustang guys sayin "no youre wrong" "tool" "n00b" "nutswinger"
Old 06-18-2010, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

its all in the details of your setup
But you said it wasn't even possible.
so tell us what you got and shut me up or dont post. simple.
Are you really telling people here that's been here longer than you to not post?
I have yet to be proven wrong but it happens.

just a bunch of mustang guys sayin "no youre wrong" "tool" "n00b" "nutswinger"
Would you like me to post the many many Fbody owners in here that also called you out for talking smack and being wrong?

You're a self deluder alright.

Get off the forum and go put your car together. You have no reason to be talking smack right now. Even my slow *** 2v is faster than your car on blocks.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Teching In

Man I am getting good at these predictions.

Not that I am dissing the LT1 at all.

BTW this "Once I get this and this done I'll race you" is lame. You don't have a car running, and you are talking smack.
i posted my time with bolt ons - whatever i run after my h/c swap is done is what i run. my car isnt all cars. it doesnt make or break the validity of what im saying. take a look here if you'd like - https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...o-archive.html . congrats on your predictions
Old 06-18-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Regular

i posted my time with bolt ons -
Of a car that is no longer running. You need a running car to really talk smack. I mean you'd think that was a priority.
whatever i run after my h/c swap is done is what i run. my car isnt all cars.
Than you Mr. Obvious.
it doesnt make or break the validity of what im saying.
No, you're own words do that just fine.
congrats on your predictions
No need to thank me. I'm only good at predicting the predictable.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Teching In

But you said it wasn't even possible.
what i said was i was willing to bet his setup was very aggressive or he had a power adder - get it right
Are you really telling people here that's been here longer than you to not post?

yep. and dude get off the almighty stopsigns ****. he runs 11's..and you guys praise him haha.

Would you like me to post the many many Fbody owners in here that also called you out for talking smack and being wrong?

You're a self deluder alright.

yes please show me so many of these fbody owners that said i was wrong - how many was that again like 3?

Get off the forum and go put your car together. You have no reason to be talking smack right now. Even my slow *** 2v is faster than your car on blocks.
ill do what i like thanks.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Of a car that is no longer running. You need a running car to really talk smack. I mean you'd think that was a priority.
i can talk smack without a running car. where are you pulling the rules from? i got another dd and have other things that are bigger prioritys right now. school, work, gf - but i should work on my car cause some guy on the internet thinks i should? lol
Than you Mr. Obvious.
np
No, you're own words do that just fine.
not really.
No need to thank me. I'm only good at predicting the predictable.
ok then no thanks
Old 06-18-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

what i said was i was willing to bet his setup was very aggressive or he had a power adder - get it right
What you said was

stopsigns setup is a low 11 second car correct? it cant be accomplished easier with a NA lt1 or ls1? i am gonna bet he has a very aggressive setup n/a or a power adder. you mustang guys just refuse to see the light...
By saying that you are saying that he would need a power adder or an aggressive setup to run that fast. When 5.0 came back and said he had neither, you then demanded him tell you what he had.

Capiche?

yep. and dude get off the almighty stopsigns ****. he runs 11's..and you guys praise him haha.
Praise him? Not at all. We just laugh along with him when people like you make comments like you do. Where is your low 11 second car? You don't even have a car running..
yes please show me so many of these fbody owners that said i was wrong - how many was that again like 3?
The posts below are all made by people who do not own Mustangs. In every post posted below someone is either calling your BS out, or making fun of you. In JUST THIS THREAD.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13472511-post26.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13481647-post117.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13482363-post123.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13482377-post126.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13482431-post128.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13483587-post148.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13483742-post151.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13484200-post157.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13484239-post159.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13484252-post160.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13484260-post161.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13486198-post178.html

Again those aren't counting the dozens of posts of ACTUAL MUSTANG owners pwning you. These above are just non-mustang owning people.
i can talk smack without a running car.
Yes, yes you can. We've all seen you do it here today. I am not saying you don't have the ability to do so. I am saying it makes you look silly.
where are you pulling the rules from?
Actually there is a rule here that says unless you have a car in your possession that is running and is out of the 13s, you CAN'T talk smack. It was even mentioned a few paged ago in this very thread in reference to you.
i got another dd and have other things that are bigger prioritys right now.
Bigger what? And is one of those "prioritys" wasting time on web forums talking smack?
but i should work on my car cause some guy on the internet thinks i should?
No, you should do it because it's in piece and you aren't doing anything more important than embarrassing yourself in the internets.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Uncalled for! Keep crap like that up and I'm sure you wont be around much longer to argue on here if you're going to attack people like that.

What do you drive Mr. Almighty car god?

that's great I like that

No need to defend yourself man that guy is a tool. He is completely discrediting himself also saying a 5.0 car w/ h/c/i is a 13 sec car. Anybody that knows anything about them knows thats never true. The absolute worst combination would still land you in the 12's. Dont retaliate back on someone like him he isnt worth you getting banned.
You're right...I shouldn't have responded. He was wrong about almost everything, and you're right, even untuned with a stock intake my car is a 12 sec car, I haven't been to the track but I know this because I put a car and a half on my brother's 98 Cobra w/ 03 Longblock (n/a though) and mine has a lot more from a dig than his, he ran a 12.8x. Ported intake on + longtubes + bigger MAF + tune = hello LOW 12s, I am hoping anyway...but...but...(wait for it)...my car is on the road today!...and will be tomorrow!...and will be down for ONE Saturday to do the intake...one Saturday to do the longtubes...driving my happy *** to work all during the week...then MAF, tune, DUNNZO.

Last edited by snake95; 06-18-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

nope i do all the work on my car myself. books and service manuals do wonders for knowing how to work on a car. i do everything but setup gears and tranny work by myself. i currently have my 95 z in pieces doing a h/c swap and freshening up the rings and bearings. ran 13.0 at 105 with headers, full exhaust, cai, tune, and 3.73's in an auto. i'd more than happy to run your head/cam car when mine is put together. paid 3200 for my car to btw. 80k
Dude don't even look at Stopsign's USERNAME until you can beat me. He's a lot faster than me and you still don't have a running car...but you're a "once I get this" racer...well in that case, once I get my 363 Big Bore Dart Blocked twin turbo'd notch with a 200 shot, I'll show you!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

So steelcity with your car you can beat up on Stangs. This isn't the damn Flintstones, most cars have engines now. Don't know if you were aware of that or not. I have twin 3 year olds, you want to run their pedal cars? They'll give you three lengths and the hit.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow, this isn't worth my time. Yea, my car is a straight up drag car that runs on C16.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:07 PM
11 Second Club

ran 13.0 at 105 with headers, full exhaust, cai, tune, and 3.73's in an auto. i'd more than happy to run your head/cam car when mine is put together. paid 3200 for my car to btw. 80k
What? AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Dude go run your car so you can go .1 faster. THEN you can talk smack.