Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

01 Cam'd TA vs 4 others. TA wins all.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool 01 Cam'd TA vs 4 others. TA wins all.

Had 4 races last night with some people of the usual weekend crowd. The first race was a auto turbo Supra on 15lbs with intake/exhaust. We went from a 40 roll, and since nobody can hear my horn with my blaring open cutout, I just look over to him and yell GO, so he gets the jump and i immediately jump him with ending up with about 3-4 car lengths on him. Two weeks ago we ran a 60 roll with the same output, except I jumped him quicker this time. Gotta love 40mph in 1st gear... Everyone was like OMG a Supra I wanna go for a ride in it! I bet its FAAAST. (i'm thinkin I just put 4 cars on this car lol). But I won't discredit it, with a little money in that Supra, my car is byebye!

Second race was a teal LT1 Z28 on some DD ZR1's, (i knew he was from ls1tech lol). He was calling out a 04 Cobra that wouldn't race anybody, so I thought if he's calling out a Cobra he's got something decent. I catch up to him on the interstate, we slow to 40 and again I give him the jump because my horn isn't to be heard. He was the closest race all night. I ended up with maybe 1-2 car lengths on him. Found out later, he has full exhaust/intake and a cam with extra duration, stock lift, stock valve springs... HMM.. IDK, it pulled pretty damn good for an LT1 with just a stock lift cam..

Next race, my friend in an 05 GTO M6 wanted to see what he'd do against me. We do 2 races. Again giving him the jump, from 60, he misses 3rd so we go again. Go from a 40, i left him with maybe 3 cars on him. We are putting headers on his car next week, so we will give it a rematch for sure for fun.

Final race, the most pathetic, this 05 Mustang who thinks his crap is fast, and tells these little hoes around him how fast it is. He never agreed at all to race, so I just get up next to it, drop the gear let him know what I want. We get 40. When I told him to just GO he looked all confused like REALLY?!. So he took off.. I swear if I didn't have 5+ cars on him.

Now I got this Honda SI kid talking crap about his old 370Z would beat me which was bone stock. He was like WELL MAYBE IF YOU HAD LIKE A 12 SECOND CAR OR SOMETHING.... OMG that made me laugh. bolton LS1s are in the 12s.... People need to learn.. He talked crap like the Supra would blow my doors off, I don't stand a chance.. HAH

Also I'm porting my TB next week, and getting my 315 DRs mounted in a few weeks, whenever OEWheels releases those DD C5's, so that will be my extra protection when someone calls out a dig race.

Last edited by HoLLo; 06-19-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice night; Supra beating, SI and GT talking crap getting beat, thats funny!!!

Good job buddy!
Old 06-19-2010, 04:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HoLLo
Had 4 races last night with some people of the usual weekend crowd. The first race was a auto turbo Supra on 15lbs with intake/exhaust. We went from a 40 roll, and since nobody can hear my horn with my blaring open cutout, I just look over to him and yell GO, so he gets the jump and i immediately jump him with ending up with about 3-4 car lengths on him. Two weeks ago we ran a 60 roll with the same output, except I jumped him quicker this time. Gotta love 40mph in 1st gear... Everyone was like OMG a Supra I wanna go for a ride in it! I bet its FAAAST. (i'm thinkin I just put 4 cars on this car lol). But I won't discredit it, with a little money in that Supra, my car is byebye!

Second race was a teal LT1 Z28 on some DD ZR1's, (i knew he was from ls1tech lol). He was calling out a 04 Cobra that wouldn't race anybody, so I thought if he's calling out a Cobra he's got something decent. I catch up to him on the interstate, we slow to 40 and again I give him the jump because my horn isn't to be heard. He was the closest race all night. I ended up with maybe 1-2 car lengths on him. Found out later, he has full exhaust/intake and a cam with extra duration, stock lift, stock valve springs... HMM.. IDK, it pulled pretty damn good for an LT1 with just a stock lift cam..

Next race, my friend in an 05 GTO M6 wanted to see what he'd do against me. We do 2 races. Again giving him the jump, from 60, he misses 3rd so we go again. Go from a 40, i left him with maybe 3 cars on him. We are putting headers on his car next week, so we will give it a rematch for sure for fun.

Final race, the most pathetic, this 05 Mustang who thinks his crap is fast, and tells these little hoes around him how fast it is. He never agreed at all to race, so I just get up next to it, drop the gear let him know what I want. We get 40. When I told him to just GO he looked all confused like REALLY?!. So he took off.. I swear if I didn't have 5+ cars on him.

Now I got this Honda SI kid talking crap about his old 370Z would beat me which was bone stock. He was like WELL MAYBE IF YOU HAD LIKE A 12 SECOND CAR OR SOMETHING.... OMG that made me laugh. bolton LS1s are in the 12s.... People need to learn.. He talked crap like the Supra would blow my doors off, I don't stand a chance.. HAH

Also I'm porting my TB next week, and getting my 315 DRs mounted in a few weeks, whenever OEWheels releases those DD C5's, so that will be my extra protection when someone calls out a dig race.

his old 370z? dang so 370z are old now? or did you mean 350z. either way he went Very backwards in performance if he went from a 350 or 370z to a honda SI.. and that is funny that he didnt think you was a 12 second car.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Junkie

He had a 370z for like 2 weeks, the bank didn't approve his loan, but he traded in his truck so the dealership let him take it until the loan got approved, but never did. lol. His excuse was he decided he wanted something with more than 2 seats.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:05 AM
12 Second Club

Great kills