Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 Camaro Z28 vs C6 Corvette, E39 M5, & Evo 9 *VIDEO*

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default LS1 Camaro Z28 vs C6 Corvette, E39 M5, & Evo 9 *VIDEO*

Well had some good runs last night. My friend just bought a 2000 M5 after blowing his engine in his E36 M3 racing a 96 Mustang GT........ Haha. So we decided to do a 4 way race. Vid is a little off. My Camaro is a Z28 not SS. I had to race from 2nd gear because I just spin like crazy in 1st gear so outcome would of been a little different if I was in 1st. Should have some DR tires on next week. Enjoy

Camaro mods are Borla exhaust & SLP lid
LS2 C6 Corvette is stock
E39 M5 is stock
Evo 9 has cams, turbo back exhaust, intake, & tuned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxaRKVy26Lk

Last edited by DoggyB22; 06-27-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Z28 did very well, all things considered: even a LS2 C6 vette should have taken you to the cleaners from a roll like that!

Guys in the M5 were funny though! haha
Old 06-22-2010, 01:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant believe u beat the m5 lol and that u hung in with the vette for a while.
but good runs
Old 06-22-2010, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Z28 did very well, all things considered: even a LS2 C6 vette should have taken you to the cleaners from a roll like that!

Guys in the M5 were funny though! haha
Yea my Camaro did VERY well that night. Think its just giving back because I've been washing & waxing it every week.... Hahaha But wish they kept filming us because like right after they turned away to the Evo the Vette began to just walk away from me. Dam LS2 & top end.. I think his car is acting up though because him & the Evo did a run later & it was closer? So who knows....

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
i cant believe u beat the m5 lol and that u hung in with the vette for a while.
but good runs
Haha yea everyone kept thinking his M5 was going to "destroy" me? I didn't know because I've never raced a BMW but I mean lets not forget its a 4000+ lb car that had a passenger. No doubt its a fast car.. But I beat him pretty good. & if I was in 1st gear it would of been even better

Last edited by DoggyB22; 06-22-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:14 AM
Staging Lane

Those old M5's don't have anything a stock LS1 can't deal with, let alone a good running one with some boltons.

BTW: you just have a catback,right? You should only say you have "exhaust" if you have headers+catback: otherwise it's just "catback". Headers make that big of a difference, trust me.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Those old M5's don't have anything a stock LS1 can't deal with, let alone a good running one with some boltons.

BTW: you just have a catback,right? You should only say you have "exhaust" if you have headers+catback: otherwise it's just "catback". Headers make that big of a difference, trust me.
You referring to the info in the vid? My friend (M5 owner) made the vid... He first had said I was full bolt on... Also hence why it says "bolt on Camaro SS" in the beginning. He was a little confused.. But yea I'm just exhaust & lid. I wish I had some LT headers. Would be a different story soon though very soon
Old 06-22-2010, 02:20 AM
On The Tree

Nice Runs! Had an encounter with an M5 the other day they are no joke!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Heres some vids of the Vette running the Evo & the M5 running the Evo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fNOvKiYH8Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMCTGtuATtg
Old 06-22-2010, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
You referring to the info in the vid? My friend (M5 owner) made the vid... He first had said I was full bolt on... Also hence why it says "bolt on Camaro SS" in the beginning. He was a little confused.. But yea I'm just exhaust & lid. I wish I had some LT headers. Would be a different story soon though very soon
You're still using the term "exhaust". I think what Sticks N Stones was trying to say to you was that you're not "exhaust and lid" you are "catback and lid". You should say you have catback, and not exhaust because the term "exhaust" usually includes headers. Guys who say they have "exhaust", typically have headers back exhaust systems.
So....

"exhaust and lid"=headers back exhaust, lid

"catback and lid"=catback exhaust, lid.

I think he's just pointing out the most common use for the term "exhaust", I know what he means.

But yeah, nice running ls1 man
Old 06-22-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oddwraith
You're still using the term "exhaust". I think what Sticks N Stones was trying to say to you was that you're not "exhaust and lid" you are "catback and lid". You should say you have catback, and not exhaust because the term "exhaust" usually includes headers. Guys who say they have "exhaust", typically have headers back exhaust systems.
So....

"exhaust and lid"=headers back exhaust, lid

"catback and lid"=catback exhaust, lid.

I think he's just pointing out the most common use for the term "exhaust", I know what he means.

But yeah, nice running ls1 man
Oh yea I know what the terms mean. But like I said in the vid "Camaro mods are Borla exhaust & SLP lid" Pretty sure that just means that I have a Borla exhaust & lid only. No headers. But thanks man appreciate it.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

Nice runs OP! Good running car you got there.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

It's "Full Exhaust" when referring to Headers+Exhaust. So its really no big deal or wrong of him to put "exhaust only" in his sig or call it that. If thats what he has, just an "exhaust system" or "Catback" if you wanna call it that.

Last edited by Badguy7; 06-23-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice runs, I thought the C6 would have done much better.

What was the evo running for boost?
hes still on the stock turbo? He did suprisingly well to .
Old 06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Badguy7
Nice runs OP! Good running car you got there.
Thanks man. Appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Badguy7
It's "Full Exhaust" when referring to Headers+Exhaust. So its really no big deal or wrong of him to put "exhaust only" in his sig or call it that. If thats what he has, just an "exhaust system" or "Catback" if you wanna call it that.
Exactly... If I had LT headers I would say I am full bolt ons or full exhaust. Just saying I have exhaust means I have a exhaust. Which I only mention in my sig. Its not a big deal or anything. But if I had headers I would say in my sig full bolt on. Not exhaust... In the vid I just say I have Borla exhaust & SLP lid... Pretty clear
Old 06-23-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
Nice runs, I thought the C6 would have done much better.

What was the evo running for boost?
hes still on the stock turbo? He did suprisingly well to .
Thanks! Ill have to ask him & find out for you... His Evo is pretty dam quick though. The driver is a big man so given if the driver was skinnier would probably made that race even more closer. That was my first race against an Evo also. But my friends C6 def did hand my *** to me. Trust me.... If they had got all the other runs you would see he clearly pulls away. But in the vids I posted above for some reason it could just barely beat the Evo....
Old 06-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Banned

Damn that vette let me down. Something is up with that vette. But there still no match for my stock C5 Z06 either, just thought it would have walked you better even on the low end. But never the less good run OP!
Old 06-24-2010, 01:13 AM
TECH Regular

the mods i know of on the evo is iirc cam, tbe, tune, and drop in filter with full suspension
Old 06-24-2010, 01:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NoTractionLS1
Damn that vette let me down. Something is up with that vette. But there still no match for my stock C5 Z06 either, just thought it would have walked you better even on the low end. But never the less good run OP!
A well driven LS2 Z51 MZ6 will be a drivers race with a C5Z. Ive witnessed it many times.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:33 AM
TECH Regular

how big of a difference is the m6 and a6 ls2 c6's? cuz my uncle has a 355whp c6 i/e/tune and it would be no match for my dads i/tune c5z. ive driven both many times not even a competition
Old 06-24-2010, 01:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
how big of a difference is the m6 and a6 ls2 c6's? cuz my uncle has a 355whp c6 i/e/tune and it would be no match for my dads i/tune c5z. ive driven both many times not even a competition
It depends on the rear end. The Z51 autos have a 3.15 rear I believe (others 2.73)? The Z51 MZ6 is a 3.42, so that make a difference. Also, the auto does not dyno as much as the MZ6. Intake only MZ6 LS2's dyno 360+.

Quick Reply: LS1 Camaro Z28 vs C6 Corvette, E39 M5, & Evo 9 *VIDEO*