Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LONG Kill story (with cliffs) 6.0 GTO, built SRT4, AMGs, BMWs and more!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LONG Kill story (with cliffs) 6.0 GTO, built SRT4, AMGs, BMWs and more!

Cliff notes are on the bottom if you dont want to read the whole thing, basically i had to write an essay about a memorable moment in my life and i chose a night that included nothing but cars and friends.

Ok here we go...

Well one day on facebook me and my good friend from a rich suburb were arguing which of our schools have faster cars, our school had (in order) a built srt4, me…. Then a gigantic drop to a stock 03 srt4, and mazdaspeed3… oh and of course our graduate friend with a boosted G35 . However the more privileged school had (also in order) a built AMG E55, a slightly modded E55 AMG, and then a 335xi beemer, then once again a gigantic drop to a dead stock G35…. So we each decide to set something up.

Fast forward to next week Saturday… we meet up at the halfway point between our schools, ironically this is our chill SPOT, on the boring days. At a gym that’s located very near a decent highway.
When I pull up everybody just tells me how awesome my car sounds( did a third gear pull parallel to the gym before I entered) and they all want to know what kind of exhaust I have. I don’t know what to tell them other then that this was like the third day that I just unhooked my mids from my catback, and I put it back like 2 days after( would not have but doubt my warranty would have been upheld with the open exhaust)
So we all talk with each other and immediately start setting runs up.
Turns out the built AMG has 560whp and 680wheel torque
By the way heres who came, car wise

School from the city
Built 2005 Orange blast SRT4
Twin Turbo 2004 Infiniti G35 tiptronic
2006 M6 6.0 GTO
2003 red SRT4
2009 Mazdaspeed 3
2005 stock G35
2004 RSX
A few RX8s
2000 Civic SI (not a ricer quite tasteful and built to autocross)
Middle Man
2009 mellow yellow Mini Cooper S
(quite a few mods including tune, the only mod that matters for those cars)

Prestigious suburban school (all of the cars LOOKED dead stock)
2005 fully built E55 AMG
2005 slightly modded E55 AMG
2008 335xi (stock so says the owner)
2005 stock G35

So we set up a few highway runs. We merge onto the highway, but it’s only like 8:30 so it’s pretty full of innocent bystanders in there automobiles… they have no idea what is among them.

I get to the right most lane and I see the built benz in the middle squat down slightly, and then… well actually I cant really put into words what happened… the benz made some sort of out of this world high pitched sound and it took off, but the sound it made as it did it is not something I can put into words, it sounded like a super high pitched whistle that had a vengeance to kill.
I pursue
I get next to the “stock” 335i and go to third at about 55 to 60 mph. then I honk three times… we take off at exactly the same time… and…. We stay almost dead even with me ever so slightly pulling on him.
Because of traffic though we could not follow the 100mph courtesy rule, and this pull ended at about 95mph
Then in front of me I hear it again, the ungodly sound of the built german hell hound.
Next to it I see my buddies SRT4 squat ever so slightly and… the neons holding a car behind the AMG until both slam on the brakes because of space restrictions. We continue to play along a little until we hit Reagans greatest contribution…. Soon as we are on the mother road the group splits within seconds. Me the neon, and the amg, bmw, and G35 tt are in our own group and followed very closely by the cooper s, stock g35 and (don’t ask me how) the civic si!?!?!?! The rest are lost within minutes.

This is what made our weekend, we slow down to about 20, the left lane has the neon, middle has the AMG, and I am in the right lane in second gear just waiting for that third honk… and then the amg delivers it. We all punch it, I immediately pull ahead ( the amg is having some major traction issues) but only a few sparse seconds later the mopars GT30R is fully spooled at 20psi and it starts to pass me, then 70mph comes and the amg is back in the game, slowly pulls about a 2 cars ahead of me and about a car ahead of the neon( as I passes me I am once again in a different world, the sound coming from the german is beyond comprehensible, all that I can think about is the sound, I switch gears but I am still not fully aware of my actions)… now that 4th gear is engaged the top end of the LS2 is proudly displayed, the benz however fast it is in the midrange, stops pulling, as does the SRT, we hold even till a little above the courtesy rule and then we back off. Then benz falls back immediately and I and the SRT exchange sly grins. We continue doing more pulls( sometimes 2 of us sometimes 3) until we have to alter our route slightly.
After a toll the G35 and the otherworldly benz are next to each other. I decide to go behind to experience the full aural delight of the benz, not to mention the G35 is our best shot for fastest car. Three beeps from the G and they take off…. Except the Infiniti had its window open and as soon as the almighty y AMG pulled ahead, my friend in the G grabbed his ear and slammed on the brakes. It was too much for him.
So anyways once we are going toward a gas station, still on a highway, the amg , neon, mini, and bmw are a few cars ahead of me the G, the si, and the other stock g. We are just cruising when I hear a spool, first I look back and see nothing special, then I hear it again and I take a closer look back, it’s a late 80s Buick regal. Haha that’s a badass car, so I throw him the thumbs up and drop it to third, he takes off, turbo spoolin like a ****, but by the time I end third and slam on the brakes I put a good car on him. Then we merge off and meet at a gas station. The amg owner comes up to me and says, no really what do you got? I tell him I am stock, and he says it’s hard for him to believe that a car comes that fast stock. We tank up a bit and go to the nearby wendies, first I get a ride in the AMG wow that thing does not feel fast but when you look at the speedo the numbers shoot up all too fast. We then all sit down to eat, and talk about our cars. First the guy with the amg asks how the hell the civic kept with our group, ha my friend said he was in Vtec the whole time. Then we had a good conversation about our cars, respect all around the table. Funny side note the Mercedes’ navigation system said it would take us 48 minutes to get from our meeting point to wendies…. It took us 16
Then we took the same way back
This was epic… we were going head on to the longest straightway this side of the state.
The srt and the amg were lined up with the TT G35 behind the amg when they took off without me! So I take chase. it was a rather high roll start so the 100mph courtesy rule gave me a chance… I started to bounce off the 157mph limiter and flew past the g and held a few cars behind the Diamler Chrysler Duel.
After that we did a few baby pulls but decided to go to a different meetspot a bit more in the city. There we met our friends, one driving a slightly modded(but terrible running ms3) and the other his new car he got that day, a black 2008 Honda S2000 CR… awesome car.

We talk, get each others numbers and the AMG takes leave.
On the way back me and my mopar driving friend notice the CR goes sideways for a split second when he shifts into 2nd but the driver immediately pushes in the clutch… not very used to RWD. So at the next light I take off in first using up two lanes and blocking him from passing me( not that he could anyways) then shift into second and am flung the other way but still using up two lanes, then chirp third and finally catch traction. Showing off to his girlfriend seems to have backfired on him

Cliffs:
Stock M6 GTO and built GT30 SRT4 run a 560whp and 680wtq E55 and dont lose by too much. Everyones suprised. At least 20 runs went down with a majority following the 100mph courtesy rule and the AMG never pulled more then 2.5 cars on me or the neon.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Teching In

So a stock GTO is about as fast as a 30R SRT4 and "built" E55?
Old 06-28-2010, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1992TsiAWD
So a stock GTO is about as fast as a 30R SRT4 and "built" E55?
The 30r SRT was having massive tune problems during that time period, running way too lean for some reason so it was kept back at 20psi for the night, also the clutch gave out like 1 week after so that might have been holding it back that night as well.

The AMG runs 11s and from a dig he killed me and the neon both, but from the rolls after it got into triple digits his pull was basically non existent.

We were ALL suprised trust me, my friend with the neon sold it and now has a 06 GTO he is modding even haha
Old 06-28-2010, 11:08 AM
TECH Regular

Suprising results e55s run good on the freeway. Still kind of funny a stock gto is the 2nd or 3rd fastest car at ur school lol
Old 06-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Who the hell gets into discussions about what "school" has faster cars....?
Old 06-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4dHkSAciJs
Old 06-28-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
Suprising results e55s run good on the freeway. Still kind of funny a stock gto is the 2nd or 3rd fastest car at ur school lol
Yea i graduated a while ago, me and my friend with the SRT were the same year and we still have a lot of people who go there and we all agree speedwise nothing will come close for a while haha

But hey the other school one kid tried to get his dads Murcielago but when he couldnt decided not to show since he only had an M6 hahaha

Friends who knew each other for 15 years and always loved cars and competing on any level lol

But this was a while ago, now its more of a competition between us and the whole handling vs straight line debate is the new rage, cant wait to go auto Xing.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Staging Lane

People usually talk about what school is better at sports or something, not about which school has cooler/dumber parents that give their 16/17 yr olds fast cars.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

People usually talk about what school is better at sports or something, not about which school has cooler/dumber parents that give their 16/17 yr olds fast cars.
We both bought our cars, the M6 and AMGs not as likely lol

But we were in different sports and we both cared about cars a lot more either way, we even worked at the same dealership for quite a bit, that was a great job for both of us since it was basically us being around cars 8 hours a day, didnt seem like a job and i miss that.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
We both bought our cars, the M6 and AMGs not as likely lol

But we were in different sports and we both cared about cars a lot more either way, we even worked at the same dealership for quite a bit, that was a great job for both of us since it was basically us being around cars 8 hours a day, didnt seem like a job and i miss that.
I got into cars after I got my SS. Never really cared much about them in high school.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the other gto ran a stock e55 and stayed door to door with him, which is a mid 12 sec car easy.

then you stayed with a e55 with like 100+more rwhp and nearly 200+rwtq? and you also ran door to door with a 335?

that e55 is prob a deep 11sec car.

if it happened it happened. i really should have picked up a gto if you guys can make stuff like that happen.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
the other gto ran a stock e55 and stayed door to door with him, which is a mid 12 sec car easy.

then you stayed with a e55 with like 100+more rwhp and nearly 200+rwtq? and you also ran door to door with a 335?

that e55 is prob a deep 11sec car.

Well the 335 was an awd model and we only ran off a roll so that wasnt that suprising, the AMG owner said the 335 was tune only but the 335 owner said it was CAI only so that was a bit of a question the whole time.

And yes we expected to get our asses handed to us by the AMG, it was a low 11 second one, as i stated earlier we were ALL very suprised which is why we did so many runs.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:17 PM
***Repost Police***

I got into cars after I got my SS. Never really cared much about them in high school.
Why did you get the SS, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Why did you get the SS, if you don't mind me asking?
Looked way too damn cool. When I saw it in person I got a hard on.

When you previous own luxury cars and are not into cars, you think 400hp is a lot, and it is. With some mods my auto will really open up, but I'm keeping my warranty for now and having fun on the streets with my low 13 car.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:32 PM
***Repost Police***

Ok, just checking.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Just found out recently from the SRT4s new owner that the SRT4 always ran like **** because its tune was for the stock cams.

Owner before my friend neglected to mention that it had a fully forged motor and cams and hence why it was always such a poor performer. Kinda fucked up actually, the car went 4 years with everyone thinking it was a dud when it was just fully built and not tuned for it.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

I can tell you, my fully built SRT-4 with a GT35R rips the paint off of my GTO....
and my GTO trapped 122mph at a high altitude.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LittleMT
I can tell you, my fully built SRT-4 with a GT35R rips the paint off of my GTO....
and my GTO trapped 122mph at a high altitude.
Yea i am sure my friends would have annialated me had it been tuned correctly for the mods, GT30, forged motor and full supporting mods, its a shame that he found out almost a year after selling it after 3 years of ownership though.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Teching In

Awesome runs...