Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First Kill Since I got my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Kill Since I got my car!!!

Well i had just left my friends house last night at about 9.... and as iam turning off of his street on to the main street which was valley circle i see a Red Z28 pass me .... i had no intentions of racing but this guy was next to me hitting the gas trying to race me .... so we come to a stop sign and we both start to go off of the line slowly ... and i wait for him to punch it and he didnt .. so at about 10 i punch it and he also hits it i hit second and get sideways and when i catch traction i pull on him by about 2 cars then i hit 3rd to about 90 and let off by that time i had put about 5 cars on him ... not sure if it was an M6 or an A4 .... Also not sure if it was a Lt1 or an Ls1 ... but whatever it was no matter what it was i pulled him pretty hard!! I didnt know what it was because the guy got mad and wouldnt look at me! oh well some people dont like getting beat ... Later
Old 01-17-2004, 04:39 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice kills .... the really obvious difference between the LS1 and LT1 Z28's are the headlights .... the newer ones have headlights like yours, while the LT1's have recessed headlights. The bodys are also slightly different but that is the easiest way to tell.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

yeah i know it was night and i couldnt tell cuz he had the lights on ...
Old 01-17-2004, 07:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Great kill to bad it was a camaro also.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
Nice kills .... the really obvious difference between the LS1 and LT1 Z28's are the headlights .... the newer ones have headlights like yours, while the LT1's have recessed headlights. The bodys are also slightly different but that is the easiest way to tell.
and taillights... I hate the damn recessed headlights. They look so friggin ugly.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by EvilSVT
Well i had just left my friends house last night at about 9.... and as iam turning off of his street on to the main street which was valley circle i see a Red Z28 pass me .... i had no intentions of racing but this guy was next to me hitting the gas trying to race me .... so we come to a stop sign and we both start to go off of the line slowly ... and i wait for him to punch it and he didnt .. so at about 10 i punch it and he also hits it i hit second and get sideways and when i catch traction i pull on him by about 2 cars then i hit 3rd to about 90 and let off by that time i had put about 5 cars on him ... not sure if it was an M6 or an A4 .... Also not sure if it was a Lt1 or an Ls1 ... but whatever it was no matter what it was i pulled him pretty hard!! I didnt know what it was because the guy got mad and wouldnt look at me! oh well some people dont like getting beat ... Later
First good kill!! I don't think he knew how to drive. My car was bone stock and my first good race was with a WS6 TA we raced from dead stop to about 130mph before slowing due to stop sign. I know he had a borla exhaust and I'm sure more mods, but he only took me by the nose of his car. I'd like to race him again I think I can take him now
Old 01-17-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Silvrshark
First good kill!! I don't think he knew how to drive. My car was bone stock and my first good race was with a WS6 TA we raced from dead stop to about 130mph before slowing due to stop sign. I know he had a borla exhaust and I'm sure more mods, but he only took me by the nose of his car. I'd like to race him again I think I can take him now

Are you somehow implying that Z28s are naturally faster than WS6s??
Old 01-17-2004, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice first kill. Ahhh, I remember my first kill, also a camaro (but an Iroc), that was so loooong ago.....Oh, wait, that was like a week and a half ago!

I am learning alot from you guys, especially about which cars I don't want to mess with.
Old 01-18-2004, 02:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Ahh, i remember my first kill too. Umm, wait, nobody cares that I beat a 95 integra in my 17 second POSmobile
Old 01-18-2004, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

stock for stock Z28's probably are faster than WS6's due to the weight difference and the fact that they have the same engine.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Are you somehow implying that Z28s are naturally faster than WS6s??
He said the guy had a cat-back ... STFU.

stock for stock Z28's probably are faster than WS6's due to the weight difference and the fact that they have the same engine.
I beg to differ. One of my good friends has a 99 Z28 M6, another has an 00 SS M6, some kid I cant stand has a 98 A4 Z28 and my friends brother has a 98 Formula A4.

Out of all of our tons of races when we were all stock .... (the SS and I are the only ones who have modded our cars at all since then).

- The SS and I always ran neck and neck ... drivers race, whoever hooked better and shifted better won, but never by much.
- The SS and I were always slightly faster than the Z and even more so slightly faster than the Formula.

So my ranking goes like this-

M6 WS6 and M6 SS (drivers race)
M6 Z28 (Given equally good drivers, will lose to the top two by a foot or two)
A4 Z and A4 Formula ... will lose to the M6 Z by a half car or so, and will lose to the WS6 and SS by 3/4 car or so.

So in the end, the slight extra power of the WS6/SS models does seem to make up for the slightly extra weight of the cars .... in our neighborhood races at least (all of us are good drivers, except for the A4 guys who are ****).
Old 01-18-2004, 06:03 PM
TECH Junkie

A4 drivers are not ****. Some of us love sticks but just got absolutely an absolutely great deal on an A4 and decided we would not tell anyone it was an A4. I think all for of the LS1 FBodies really drive the same. I have driven them all and I can tell no difference (I have even driven a vert or two).
Old 01-18-2004, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by WECIV
A4 drivers are not ****. Some of us love sticks but just got absolutely an absolutely great deal on an A4 and decided we would not tell anyone it was an A4. I think all for of the LS1 FBodies really drive the same. I have driven them all and I can tell no difference (I have even driven a vert or two).
I wasn't saying A4 drivers are **** (I used to own one) ... just those 2 particular people happen to be ****, who drive A4's.

I also agree that they are all pretty much identical ... I just bought my WS6 for the looks.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmm, maybe i was wrong. did you guys ever take em to the track when they were stock?
Old 01-18-2004, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

(all of us are good drivers, except for the A4 guys who are ****).
Old 01-18-2004, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by BigPlanTransAm
hmm, maybe i was wrong. did you guys ever take em to the track when they were stock?
Nah it was all street racing ... these were, however, repeatable results which happened basically everytime we raced, in a bunch of various weather conditions on various roads etc.

As I said before tho, stock for stock I believe they are all pretty much dead even and it would be a drivers race between basically any stock F-bod'd LS1. From my experience tho I do think the SS's and the WS6's have a SLIGHT advantage, however, that can be made up by the smallest mistake by the SS/WS6 driver, some unexpected wheelspin, an extra passanger, etc.

And again camaro, I wasn't poking fun at A4 drivers, just THOSE particular 2 guys were gay, and happened to drive A4's.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:53 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The ONLY way I can see a SS/WS6 has any advantage over a Z28/Formula is because they run 275's as opposed to 245's. That, and if the SS/Firehawk had the 345hp package in 02.

This stupid SS/WS6 vs Z28/Formula thing is as stupid as the fox body guys arguing about GT vs LX
Old 01-18-2004, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

And again camaro, I wasn't poking fun at A4 drivers, just THOSE particular 2 guys were gay, and happened to drive A4's.
Yeah I know, but your still a douche
Old 01-19-2004, 01:19 PM
TECH Junkie

No prob. I actually love my A4. I just think that the ram air makes like no difference, or is that just me???
Old 01-19-2004, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WECIV
No prob. I actually love my A4. I just think that the ram air makes like no difference, or is that just me???
I think if it does make a difference it's so minute you barely see it. I do believe that all the add ons, like the 1le suspension, better tires, and possibly the tiny difference of ram air combined could change the outcome a little. At least stock for stock. Still comes down to the driver though.