Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ls1 vs H22 Honda

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 03:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
I expect/want to see a video or at least a kill thread when/if it goes down Lemons.

EDIT: WTF did I just write there?
You best post up a thread with a video if it happens.
No doubt, whenever possible there is ALWAYS a video!

Originally Posted by ReApEr75
What the **** is with the thread hijacking.....

Just kiddin, lemons post up a video. And whats with all the haterzzz?
I'm in the thread...

Old 08-21-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
No doubt, whenever possible there is ALWAYS a video!

I'm in the thread...

Aint that the truth
Old 08-22-2010, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Them hustling me? I highly, highly....Highly, highly doubt I will eat my words. Even though your ls/vtec turbo made a blistering 300whp.

The race will be from a dig-100... Would you like to make a wager on it?

At this point I could say... Nice assumption about my mods... Ignorance is bliss... Insert whatever phrase you want as long as it means you for whatever reason thought I was in over my head.
As I had said, my basically stock setup made 300 and im 1000lbs lighter then 95% of u ppl lol.

My point is, this kid i know ran a 10.4 at 150 with traction problems (1-3gears and he does not have progressive boost) and he is built like the dudes u r supposed to race. and why only to 100? is that wat u trap??

Last edited by sujomatt; 08-22-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Yeah man if you don't drive an American car you're just a freaking idiot for making your own decisions, anyone who buys an import is a freakin' moron!
Old 08-22-2010, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr370z
Yeah man if you don't drive an American car you're just a freaking idiot, anyone who buys an import is a freakin' moron!
Old 08-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Teching In

anyone who buys an import is a freakin' moron!
Guess that counts me off the list for buying an F-body, GTO, or G8.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sujomatt
As I had said, my basically stock setup made 300 and im 1000lbs lighter then 95% of u ppl lol.

My point is, this kid i know ran a 10.4 at 150 with traction problems (1-3gears and he does not have progressive boost) and he is built like the dudes u r supposed to race. and why only to 100? is that wat u trap??
That is fine.. I could care less what your setup made or what you weighed, I would bet I would still slaughter that car on motor.

So your buddy spun 1-3 gear and still ran 10.4@150... And you want to tell me this is what the norm is? I'm not some ******* idiot that doesn't ever street race and doesn't try to learn a little bit of his competition. I have a VERY good idea of what both cars are putting down and capable of running. Also, maybe you missed the part I said they are both on street tires and I am on slicks from a dig-100??? That should tell you something about their intelligence level, no? My car is setup for an 1/8, they talked **** on my car and called me out so I am racing my choice of race.. They said it didn't matter to them they weren't worried about my car.

Yes, I just trap a lowly 96mph. Maybe if I sprayed I could break what a stock ls1 traps....

You aren't telling me anything I don't know.. There is no information that you have that is going to help me or bring me to the light with this topic. For whatever reason you think you need to talk down to me for, it is not correct either. I know what my car is capable of and it is beyond what either of these cars are capable of. Anything beyond that is irrelevant.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:24 AM
TECH Resident

That is fine.. I could care less what your setup made or what you weighed, I would bet I would still slaughter that car on motor.

So your buddy spun 1-3 gear and still ran 10.4@150... And you want to tell me this is what the norm is? I'm not some ******* idiot that doesn't ever street race and doesn't try to learn a little bit of his competition. I have a VERY good idea of what both cars are putting down and capable of running. Also, maybe you missed the part I said they are both on street tires and I am on slicks from a dig-100??? That should tell you something about their intelligence level, no? My car is setup for an 1/8, they talked **** on my car and called me out so I am racing my choice of race.. They said it didn't matter to them they weren't worried about my car.

Yes, I just trap a lowly 96mph. Maybe if I sprayed I could break what a stock ls1 traps....

You aren't telling me anything I don't know.. There is no information that you have that is going to help me or bring me to the light with this topic. For whatever reason you think you need to talk down to me for, it is not correct either. I know what my car is capable of and it is beyond what either of these cars are capable of. Anything beyond that is irrelevant.
Don't get moody Sally, just trying to look out for you and give you a hard time while I am at it. And I bet I would scrape you with my lil civic so stfu thanks.

And on a side note - they def are a huge fail for talkin crap with stock fn tires. I do hope you spank em and make em feel bad after the fact.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Don't get moody Sally, just trying to look out for you and give you a hard time while I am at it. And I bet I would scrape you with my lil civic so stfu thanks.

And on a side note - they def are a huge fail for talkin crap with stock fn tires. I do hope you spank em and make em feel bad after the fact.
What did yours run? I would be shocked if it was a race honestly. I just loved how you were assuming stuff, you know nothing about my setup. I mean seriously.. You thought I trapped 100mph in the 1/4.....

Local ls1 kid ran one of them tonight from 0-100 (both on street tires).. I played with this ls1 from a 50 roll and absolutely destroyed him at the track. He pulled 1 length on the civic.
I am going to absolutely embarrass it.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Teching In

I mean seriously.. You thought I trapped 100mph in the 1/4.....
Wait wait wait. So those times in your signature aren't 1/4 mile? Well ****, I thought you were just letting off at the 330' mark and coasting the rest of the way.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Its all kinds of stupid in here...
Old 08-25-2010, 06:03 AM
Teching In

impohat were im from but not all of them alot ofthem know wat there civic is but just like them and just dont care i personaly hate shitty little imports like the ones the **** talkers drive.i also get alot of the hole any american muscle car cant handle.yeah sure tey might not be able to take wicked tight turns like a civic but by no means can they only go fast in a straight line i used easily keep up with a wrx that lived down the street from me on the corners and i woulda dusted him every straight away or pass him atleast if there was room.but most of the **** talkers are very n educated about how a car works and just go by movies and stereo types
Old 08-25-2010, 08:09 AM
TECH Resident

What did yours run? I would be shocked if it was a race honestly. I just loved how you were assuming stuff, you know nothing about my setup. I mean seriously.. You thought I trapped 100mph in the 1/4.....

Local ls1 kid ran one of them tonight from 0-100 (both on street tires).. I played with this ls1 from a 50 roll and absolutely destroyed him at the track. He pulled 1 length on the civic.
I am going to absolutely embarrass it.
Apparently you are a douchebag on the regular. Shut ur ****** mouth for a second and look at my posts. When was I ever being a dick or assuming anything? In fact, I was doing the exact opposite. The trap comment was clearly sarcasm. Alright ethug

I'm done with you.

/end
Old 08-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Teching In

Lolwut
Old 08-25-2010, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Lolwut
don't laugh he might freak out!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Good kill ReApEr75!
Speaking from experience, 95% of hondas here in Philadelphia have motor swaps. Mainly civic ef's, eg's and ek's. I'm gonna go ahead and say that 60% of them still don't get out of the 14's in the 1/4. To me it's just not worth the time. I would say not worth the money but in most cases these guys pay hardly next to nothing to build their cars buying used stuff.
I've been in a 93 civic with a gsr swap and a turbo setup. The car was definitely fast but he had no suspension. This seems to be the downfall of those imports guys.
And remember key words "GSR SWAP". I like the fact that I can mod up my stock ls1 camaro and lt1 impala, keep all my door panels and go fast. I guess if those guys prefer to ride around with just two front seats, no door panels, and no carpet, more power to them.
Imo, it's nuthin to brag about when u beat a stock or lightly modded muscle car on the highway and your 1900lb car has a motor swap that revs to 9500rpm!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Thumbs down

Good kill ReApEr75!
Speaking from experience, 95% of hondas here in Philadelphia have motor swaps. Mainly civic ef's, eg's and ek's. I'm gonna go ahead and say that 60% of them still don't get out of the 14's in the 1/4. To me it's just not worth the time. I would say not worth the money but in most cases these guys pay hardly next to nothing to build their cars buying used stuff.
I've been in a 93 civic with a gsr swap and a turbo setup. The car was definitely fast but he had no suspension. This seems to be the downfall of those imports guys.
And remember key words "GSR SWAP". I like the fact that I can mod up my stock ls1 camaro and lt1 impala, keep all my door panels and go fast. I guess if those guys prefer to ride around with just two front seats, no door panels, and no carpet, more power to them.
Imo, it's nuthin to brag about when u beat a stock or lightly modded muscle car on the highway and your 1900lb car has a motor swap that revs to 9500rpm!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Teching In

You guys live in pretty exciting places to see all these swapped Honda. The most I see are basically stock but with the crazy modifications that consist of lowering and fart cans. And everytime I even hear about an engine swapped civic in my area it doesn't take a month for the thing to fall apart or get wrecked. And even then there's no crazy builds that would get their cars out of the 14s or even 13s. I'm not trying to say that a decent Civic can't be built but it seems like when they try to go for a lot of power the blocks just can't handle it. They never seem to last long.

And yeah man it seems like their car has to be GUTTED, like almost having nothing just to have any advantage or be real competition. I don't see the point in having headache after headache... buy a car with real displacement and a real drivetrain if you want to go fast.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

I'm not trying to say that a decent Civic can't be built but it seems like when they try to go for a lot of power the blocks just can't handle it. They never seem to last long.
They always blow something up at the track on Fridays and back everything up. I see this one Honda up there all the time and I don't think I have ever seen him make a full pass because he is always breaking
Old 08-25-2010, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Wait wait wait. So those times in your signature aren't 1/4 mile? Well ****, I thought you were just letting off at the 330' mark and coasting the rest of the way.
I know man... Kind of confusing. I guess I need to put 1/8 in there, sorry.
Apparently you are a douchebag on the regular. Shut ur ****** mouth for a second and look at my posts. When was I ever being a dick or assuming anything? In fact, I was doing the exact opposite. The trap comment was clearly sarcasm. Alright ethug
I'm done with you.
/end
I'm only a "douche bag" to idiots. I read your posts, no need to read them again. If you saw I trapped 96mph in my last car on motor, wouldn't you think I knew a little bit about what I was doing and could probably handle your average (or even above average) turbo civic in an 1/8 race with this car?
Thanks for letting me know I can't post anymore with your cute little "/end" comment.

don't laugh he might freak out!
He isn't laughing at me, moron.

Quick Reply: Ls1 vs H22 Honda