Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got a kill sort-of (Fox body)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010 | 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Got a kill sort-of (Fox body)

Last night I was cruising around town in my SS with my t-tops out. I forgot how awesome that crap is haha. I have my brother in his 02 Z28 behind me going to a friends house. I am approaching a red light and the first car in line beside is a clean as crap convertible fox body. I pull next to him and I look over and he nods so I nod back. The light turns green and we both ease off the light I stay beside him for a few secs. waiting for him to jump. He doesn't do anything so I shift down to 4th @ 40 and roll on by. I get probably 2 cars ahead and I see him coming but by the time I really see him and jump on it he is ahead by two cars. I floor in 4th at 40 and stop his pull but I'm not gaining either. I let out at around 70 and try to get him beside me. We get caught at the next light and I ask if he has a blower and I'm sure that he does I heard it already. He says "nah its stock" I reply "come on now you can't **** a *******. He don't say anything so I ask if he wants to run he says "get ready to lose" I say I'm not sure about that but you got lucky my bottle is off. The look on that guys face was PRICELESS. Well the the light turns green I jump on it spin my tires a little and am a bus length ahead. I let off at 60. He never gets beside me at all. My brother who saw the whole thing says that guy didn't try at all which I do believe. but why in Gods green earth did he say lets run then not even try. I am just asking what may have happened if he did run me. Oh well should I chalk up one in the win column.

Last edited by BigBirdLS1; 07-05-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-05-2010 | 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

no....
Old 07-05-2010 | 01:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

No chalkin up if he didn't lay down the pedal. If someone is going to tell me get ready to lose they better put it to the floor. Not really a win bc he didn't even try
Old 07-05-2010 | 07:54 AM
Launching!

A supercharged foxbody would pull on you anyways.
Old 07-05-2010 | 04:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sw07gt
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Now before anything gets started I know it its very possible that a supercharged fox MIGHT pull on me. If you read my first post I said that quote " I get probably 2 cars ahead and I see him coming but by the time I really see him and jump on it he is ahead by two cars. I floor in 4th at 40 and stop his pull but I'm not gaining either. I let out at around 70 and try to get him beside me." end quote. I don't see it likely that this particular fox would have pulled on me.

I don't see that fox being any faster than a 04 procharged gt that I raced from a 30 roll. The GT made right at 400whp and we were dead nuts even on both of the rolls we went from. I was able to stop the foxes pull from 40 in 4th and he had a 2 car jump on me.
Old 07-05-2010 | 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

first thing first: you are a idiot for racing from 40mph in 4th gear. Secondly, if he didnt go then you didnt win... call it a non-event since he riced you, then when lined up the race didnt happen. Go find him again, race him, then post up the results. < because what you posted up here isn't worth a post.

Originally Posted by sw07gt
bullshit. He should walk most supercharged foxbody's.
Old 07-06-2010 | 12:25 AM
On The Tree

x2 if the fox had a blower and the rest of motor was stock and he was running only 10lbs yes he would still beat the vert imo.

Trending Topics

Old 07-06-2010 | 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the input guys. And YEAH it was stupid for me to go in 4th but I got jumped on bad so oh well. I really thnk I wouldve got him if we would have raced. I'm guessing he had around 300rwhp. It sounded like a stock internals with bolt ons and a blower really not all that special in my opinion.
Old 07-08-2010 | 05:26 PM
On The Tree

I witnessed said encounter and it was funny. The owner of the fox definately whoosed out. It was a very clean fox tho. I know what the OP's car runs at the 1/8th mile track. And would take a shot of N2O for the fox to beat the OP. And that is added onto the boost!
Old 07-08-2010 | 07:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Now before anything gets started I know it its very possible that a supercharged fox MIGHT pull on me. If you read my first post I said that quote " I get probably 2 cars ahead and I see him coming but by the time I really see him and jump on it he is ahead by two cars. I floor in 4th at 40 and stop his pull but I'm not gaining either. I let out at around 70 and try to get him beside me." end quote. I don't see it likely that this particular fox would have pulled on me.

I don't see that fox being any faster than a 04 procharged gt that I raced from a 30 roll. The GT made right at 400whp and we were dead nuts even on both of the rolls we went from. I was able to stop the foxes pull from 40 in 4th and he had a 2 car jump on me.
Sounds like that guy was a toolbag, for sure...
A supercharged Fox-body with just a stock heads/cam 5.0 on low boost out of a Vortech/Paxton/ATI centrifugal and some 3.73 gears would prob pull on you just a bit if it hooks up....the Fox cars are pretty light, especially the coupes/notches....had you actually run that guy in the story, and he wasnt boosted, you def would have wasted him by bus-lengths....
Old 07-08-2010 | 07:56 PM
Launching!

Just another Fox owner afraid of the Mighty LS1!!! J/K

Hey at least you just left it in 4th instead of trying to jam it into 2nd and jerking all your running gear around...
Old 07-08-2010 | 07:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
first thing first: you are a idiot
Coming from the tard the can't spell Vararam correctly...
Old 07-08-2010 | 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Oh Hey Zac Speed! What? An opportunity to needlessly talk **** about a Mustang? Who would have guessed you'd be here.
Old 07-09-2010 | 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dr.JZ
A supercharged Fox-body with just a stock heads/cam 5.0 on low boost out of a Vortech/Paxton/ATI centrifugal and some 3.73 gears would prob pull on you just a bit if it hooks up....the Fox cars are pretty light, especially the coupes/notches....had you actually run that guy in the story, and he wasnt boosted, you def would have wasted him by bus-lengths....
That stang was definitely boosted. If I had to GUESS it was simply a stock internal stock heads with a low boost centrifugal. I have seen what said setups on foxes run on average at the 1/8 track and I would say not any of them will pull on me.
Old 07-09-2010 | 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

That stang was definitely boosted. If I had to GUESS it was simply a stock internal stock heads with a low boost centrifugal. I have seen what said setups on foxes run on average at the 1/8 track and I would say not any of them will pull on me.
I would agree with that. Throw on a set of aftermarket heads and I think they would.
Old 07-09-2010 | 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snake95
I would agree with that. Throw on a set of aftermarket heads and I think they would.
Oh yeah I agree with you on that as well. With a well matched head/cam combo with some boost that will be a stout *** stang. But I guess that is what the cam I have waiting on install and my bottle in the trunk is for.
The modding game is so much fun.
Old 07-09-2010 | 11:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dr.JZ
Were you hammered drunk when you posted this nonsense. You think a stock 5.0 with a centrifugal supercharger on low boost will walk a bolt on m6 ls1??
Old 07-09-2010 | 12:26 PM
Launching!

Oh Hey Zac Speed! What? An opportunity to needlessly talk **** about a Mustang? Who would have guessed you'd be here.
Sorry...
Old 07-09-2010 | 02:47 PM
On The Tree

I totally agree with this!!!!
Old 07-10-2010 | 12:03 AM
Staging Lane

Oh yeah I agree with you on that as well. With a well matched head/cam combo with some boost that will be a stout *** stang. But I guess that is what the cam I have waiting on install and my bottle in the trunk is for.
The modding game is so much fun.
It would be funner if I had endless 0's at the end of my bank account balance!