What kind of excuse is: "the other car had more mods..."

That's nearly as bad as using displacement as an excuse. JMO
Old 07-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
What kind of excuse is: "the other car had more mods..."

That's nearly as bad as using displacement as an excuse. JMO
How else can you explain it then? Please, entertain me.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
How else can you explain it then? Please, entertain me.
I wouldn't bother explaining it at all.
I would just run him with what I had whether I thought I could win or not.
It's not like there's money on it.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
I wouldn't bother explaining it at all.
I would just run him with what I had whether I thought I could win or not.
It's not like there's money on it.
I'm going to run him. Someone had said I'm scared to lose so I responded. I'm not scared at all, infact I'm expecting to lose.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because I'm not looking for a fist fight or something stupid to happen to me or my car. Kid obviously has a huge problem with me. He's threatened me on multiple occasions and now he's "Expecting an apology."
Run your car not your mouth and that wouldn't happen
Old 07-13-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

All I am doing is pointing out the simple fact that if you described both cars to 100 people in the LSx community, AT LEAST 99 of them will say you're going to win.

There's no excuses. These are facts. Your car has more mods than mine, on paper YOU SHOULD WIN.
Just like when I raced Jack's Cobalt in the Regal. He won. He won BECAUSE my car was running on 5 cylinders. That's not an excuse, that's a fact. If you need further proof go watch my Regal at the track video for my times. There's no way a GMS1 Cobalt is touching those times.

If you win, it will be because you have more mods than me. Is that a fact or an excuse?
First you said in a previous post in this thread that I was dodging you for the past 3 months, then you said you affiard Im gona kick your *** .
Which one is it?

No one said im guaranteed to win, I have more mods but its a heavier car.
I dont wanna hear that **** because you run your mouth on this forum as if your Goat was un-touchable

And I could care less about your peice of **** regal even if it ran 10s, the brake system on my cts-v is worth more then that thing.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chavez885
All I ever do is run my car.
Anyone on this board who knows me will tell you that.

Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
First you said in a previous post in this thread that I was dodging you for the past 3 months, then you said you affiard Im gona kick your *** .
Which one is it?

No one said im guaranteed to win, I have more mods but its a heavier car.
I dont wanna hear that **** because you run your mouth on this forum as if your Goat was un-touchable

And I could care less about your peice of **** regal even if it ran 10s, the brake system on my cts-v is worth more then that thing.
The point is what separates fact from excuse.
I'm not making any excuses I said I think you're gonna win!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chavez885
True that!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:44 PM
11 Second Club

Fir

i had a hard time figuring out what side to be on and that about sums it up. Anyone that says that is a tool.

Aren't you Donald Trump with your 6 year old CTS lmfao..
Old 07-13-2010, 11:21 PM
Teching In

Saying that my car and I both suck is running your mouth in my book especially when you don't even know who I am.

But I'm on your side... TonyGXP said it all.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
i had a hard time figuring out what side to be on and that about sums it up. Anyone that says that is a tool.

He obviously grossly overpaid for his brake system since my shitty *** Regal is worth about $5000.
**** I just put Corvette Calipers, powerslot rotors and hawk ceramic pads, front and back along with stainless lines all for under $600.
I'd bet the Regal goes 60-0 better than that Caddy!
Old 07-14-2010, 04:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

wow good job you're building up a regal, you're awesome.

big whoop if you have a fast pos car, in the end it's still a pos car.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TonyGXP

lol Donald Trump , thats a good one. But I work hard to pay for what Ive got so I appreciate it, could care less what you or juice think .

Ive had enough of this punk kid. I realize at this point he doesnt even care about racing or the cars.

I think he just gets a kick out of talking **** online.

Weather I win or lose the race hes just gona run his mouth anyways, as you can tell he already has his trash talking speech ready here if he does lose :

His car has an intake, kooks baller 1 7/8th headers, CAM (plus supporting mods), full exhaust, suspension work, professionally dyno tuned and upgraded clutch.

My car has; paceshitter $300 1 3/4th headers and hpt tuned by me on the street.
Stock intake, stock catback, toyo all season tires, stock clutch, stock etc...
I have very minor weight reduction which includes the skid plate, tow brace, and jack/spare.

Im done with this punk kid.

Last edited by maxspeed05V; 07-14-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:41 AM
Teching In

lol Donald Trump , thats a good one. But I work hard to pay for what Ive got so I appreciate it, could care less what you or juice think .

Ive had enough of this punk kid. I realize at this point he doesnt even care about racing or the cars.

I think he just gets a kick out of talking **** online.

Weather I win or lose the race hes just gona run his mouth anyways, as you can tell he already has his trash talking speech ready here if he does lose :

Im done with this punk kid.
Way to be a man. Don't let a few words on the internet get under your skin. If you guys do race, make sure you get it on video. Most everybody in the srk section has a bad azz ride. The more videos the better. Juice: what's all done to the regal? I have a normal regal as a dd. For a big car, it moves pretty well. Yours is probally a real head turner. Catch a lot of people off guard? OP: do you live in Utah?
Old 07-14-2010, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
cobalt ss run high 13's at best stock around what 102mph? 370s low low 13's around 106-107. sorry just not much of a race. and i hope sopmeone isnt saying a cobalt ss with the GM tune is a beast..... or even an aftermarket tune alone. there still 13 second cars. its so goofy to say hey watchout for this or that. hey watchout for that h22 swap or, watch out for that cammed this.. has the standards for what a "beast" is gotten slower a gm or aftermarket tune cobalt is not a beast......... and slick. would need more than that on a supercharged balt to beat a 370z or he wasnt trying or maybe need a driver mod. because that setup isnt a low 13 car just my opinion. but anything can happen on the street. something would be wrong for me not to put car lenghts on a car that im faster than on topend and down low
i think a tune, either from gm or aftermarket which makes use of holding boost up top, would make a race from a good roll hard for you to win. any mods and a tune then the further you run out the harder i think the cobalt would gap you. but from a stop you would beat one. like most boosted fwd cars a roll is its best friend. 40-120/140 would be interesting to see.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr370z
Well the truth is the Z has no competition for the $ and it's class. It's a RWD 2 dr sportscar. I don't want to hear Camaro SS, SRT8, or 5.0 comparisons. I want a good eye for an eye comparison with the 370z and another car in it's price range and class that's being produced TODAY.

There's hardly any if none at all... it's a strange car that's not got quite the power of a new muscle car but has more power than an MS3 or a Cobalt or a Neon or... whatever. It's a very "middle of the road" sportscar that's still pretty cool, fun to drive, and great looking.

Let's be serious though, it's not a god machine but it's still impressive and a blast. Plus.. if you've never driven the 370z I think the car makes me feel real confident and it feels pretty tight through corners or spirited driving...

Bang for the buck for modded cars?? Obviously the one with the turbo...
honestly i would take a base i35 over a fully loaded 370z. or even a 11 gt or a camaro. i used to be a nissan owner and love the vq motor. but at my height the rear seats in all those cars are useless so its like a 2 seater to me anyway. if the 370 was a bit cheaper maybe i would pick it on the bargin for buck angle. but with the 11 gt out which is prob faster in nearly every manner ( stip, road course, etc) then a 370 i dont see how i would go for the slower car.

not knocking the 370, just its price range hits some very nice vehicles i would take over it.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

are you like the z06 owner in the video that got raped by the 350z? you sure seem butt hurt over Zs.

whats funny is im right now watching vidoes of cobalts with the trifecta tune running 20 psi, intake,muffler delete and shortthrow shifter... and he ran 13.6@106.... obviously thats game over for a 370z........... noway i could beat that... anyhow... maybe eventually this cat will get a tune in the cobalt and we can run again
what did it gain in the 2nd 1/8.... thats where it would put a hurting on a car from a roll.

indeed because there is already multiple 370z running TT setups that are putting down 520rwhp. stock tranny and all and holding the power well. that combo cost less than even a used c6 z06
thats a bad arguement to make. you could take a miata and turbo that and out run a c6z06 for less then what a new 370z would cost.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

370z's suck and so do you.
thats really false. stock for stock a 370 would run decently with a gto and on a road course it would murder a gto.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
I gotta remember to factor that into buying my next car

Wouldnt want to be perceived as not a man by what car i drive!
yeah i have a friend with a audi tt which runs deep into the 11's. and im sure he couldnt care less if you question his man hood over it.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

All I am doing is pointing out the simple fact that if you described both cars to 100 people in the LSx community, AT LEAST 99 of them will say you're going to win.

There's no excuses. These are facts. Your car has more mods than mine, on paper YOU SHOULD WIN.
Just like when I raced Jack's Cobalt in the Regal. He won. He won BECAUSE my car was running on 5 cylinders. That's not an excuse, that's a fact. If you need further proof go watch my Regal at the track video for my times. There's no way a GMS1 Cobalt is touching those times.

If you win, it will be because you have more mods than me. Is that a fact or an excuse?
but your car has run a fast 1/4 then his.

and we know his hp/tq since he posted a dyno.

so basically you have a proven car at the track vs the dyno queen. not sure how the advantage is in one guys favor over the other.

Quick Reply: 2009 370z vs 2009 cobalt ss