Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a turbo maxima in the Shelby GT last night

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 03:50 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually thought it sounded pretty good...
Old 07-16-2010, 11:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
nice race.

But It doesnt exactly mean it was turbo, theres 2 maximas in CT with 3.5 swaps , one of them is white and slammed realy low .

The 95-99 maximas also very light, they weight in just around 3000lbs maybe a few lbs more

Heres a video of my old 02 3.5 6spd vs a 2v mustang GT
I dynoed 252 on a dyno jet with full exhaust, intake and tune.

Please excuse the super loud fart can , I was 20 yrs old at the time

02 Maxima vs. 04 GT Mustang - dounts - TSM
If I'm not mistaken, the 3.5 engine is a world of difference from the older mid 90's maximas (3.0 I think?). Also, my engine is a world of difference from the 2V's. Your car was a nice looking max though. Not sure what he had done but I guess the world will never know until I see him again, lol.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
my last car was a 98 maxima with a 3.5 swap and even though i didnt have a chance to track it after the swap i put down 248/240 i think and it was a very hard to beat. my car only weighed around 2800lbs also. i would lay waste to 350z's, mustang gt's, stock ls1 camaros, etc. i was really surprised when i beat some of those cars. it would have run pretty well with your car which i assume is around 3500lbs? wouldnt have ended well for you.

i used to also drive a vortech 96 maxima which ran around 11 psi and made low 300's with no real mods aside from exhaust work. no fmic, stock injectors and it would run hard if it had traction. like juice said a turbo maxima would make 300's ( depending on the turbo prob a t4 or a gt35) on like 5-6psi. some on the old maxima board are in the decent 400-500 range and mostly a stock block. some do run built blocks, some run spray. but if it has a motor and wheels people mod it.

eh try 3085 lbs to be precise. and with the swap you got even heavier. more than likely around 3100ish so i dont think 248/240 would be enough for you to lay waste to a ls1. unless of course you did 300lbs weight reduction
and even at 2800 lbs im thinking you would be mid 13's so just right in the ls1 range. definitely not laying waste....
Old 07-19-2010, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
eh try 3085 lbs to be precise. and with the swap you got even heavier. more than likely around 3100ish so i dont think 248/240 would be enough for you to lay waste to a ls1. unless of course you did 300lbs weight reduction
and even at 2800 lbs im thinking you would be mid 13's so just right in the ls1 range. definitely not laying waste....
not sure how you got 3085. my car had no bose, no leather, no power seats, no sun roof, no abs, no spare, no jack, no fogs, steelies ,etc. my cars was basically a stripper maxima in those days. my car was already light when i got it used. lighter then the 3085 u claim.

couple that with no power steering, no cats ( all three gone), after market exhaust ( headers on back), coil overs to ditch the heavy stock suspension, no trunk lining, no evap system, 3.5 motor with 3.0 timing equipment ( which on its self it a weight savings), lightened flywheel and lighter wheels , etc. so im also not sure how my car got heavier after doing a 3.5 swap since many of my old 3.0 stuff was eliminated by doing the swap.

i beat alot of cars in that maxima. i also didnt i have a final dyno after i finally got the emanage ultimate working on the car. the figures i posted were at 6500 while my car was racing on the street up to 7500 or so. but i had already bought my next car and stopped really caring about it.