Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

H/C/Nitrous Z28 vs 2008 Z06 and F1 blown Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Thanks guys, I'm definitely happy with the nitrous kit so far. Can't wait to crank it up some time. I know that before the heads I hit it with a 125 shot on occassion and it made a noticeable difference in races. Once I get the FAST intake on there and hit it with a 150 shot it should really fly. Also, I think I'm going to have to put suspension on the to-do list based off the second race with the Z06.

My best so far is 11.63 on motor, but I'm hoping to shave another tenth or two off it. With a better set of tires I think you have a good chance of cracking your 10 second goal. The new gears should definitely get you there consistently. We'll all have to hit up LVD on a rental because I have the feeling they'll be asking us to leave on a regular track day
good races!

that ported black cobra I Think if im not mistaken use to own a fbody and a z06
Old 07-20-2010, 12:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice races
Old 07-20-2010, 01:53 AM
Teching In

Good clean runs guys! All of them are some fast cars!!! Those new c6z's are amazing
Old 07-20-2010, 02:06 AM
9 Second Club

Good video thanks for sharing.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 AM

Thanks guys! I'm off for the next few days so I'll be out hunting for more
Old 07-20-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

Awesome runs! Glad I got to see the SRZ vs Mach 1 races in person. The funniest part is I floored the Fit behind you guys a good four to five seconds before you punched it because I knew you'd be long gone before I even hit 60.

I really can't wait to see how the Z28 runs once you get that FAST setup on it and hit it with a 150 shot. I have a feeling it will be time to start looking for Kenne Bell Cobras and modded C6 Z06's at that point.

Originally Posted by BlwnMach1
Definately some awesome runs for one of the first nights I've had the Mach 1 out. After a 10 month build its nice to see things finally starting to take shape.

Race 1- ScreaminRedZ vs 04 Mach 1
Great race, was happy to be able to line up with ScreaminRedZ after trying for a couple weekends. Overall I was pretty happy with the results, 2nd gear hit from around 45mph to 110mph or so, with me slightly pulling up top. A little spinning at first but nothing major, Ive had some belt slip issues ( been through 2 6 rib belts in 400miles and alignment is spot on) but I dont think it was any deciding factor. I dont think we could have asked for better shifts or driving.

Race 2- ScreaminRedZ vs 04 Mach 1
As ScreaminRed Z said before, basically the same result with me pulling a little up top. We got up to around 120mph this time, would have been interesting to see what would happen if we had another 15-20miles an hour. ScreaminRedZ has a strong running car for sure. I know hes run 11.5 all motor ( correct me if I am wrong ) so I know its solid 10 sec car with spray. My goal was to have a consistent 10 second Mach 1 and lower once I get it dialed in so far it seems like I am on track.

Race 3- C6 Z06 vs 04 Mach 1
We raced from around 60-150mph, I wanted to start a little higher to avoid any traction issues. After the intial hit the Z started pulling 3/4 of a car to a full car, my 3.55s gears killed me ( I have a viper spec t56 with 2.97 which makes it even worse), if the video gets uploaded you guys can clearly see the difference of when I am in the powerband. The second I hit 5000rpm I started creeping up and in 4th pulled ahead up top. But dam those C6 Z06s move out, awesome car and nice owner as well.

Great races all around and a great day, one of the best Ive had to be honest. I still have to dial the car in yet, needs more tuning, need to fix the belt issues, etc. Going into the build I didnt know the Mach 1 would make the power it did on only 12psi, I guess my Mach 1 is the experiment for the new F1-D blower Im the only guy running it on a Mach 1 so far so Im going into new territory. Instead of the 8 rib kit, I am now leaning torwards the house of boost renegade system, Im pretty sure this would make my belt slip/breakage a thing of the past. The car is easily good for 700whp-750whp, so hopefully with this setup I can turn up the boost and take the thing to the track 10s maybe even high 9s down the road.
Hey dude, I hear you're up for running the bike? I'm down pretty much any time I'm free. SRZ says you beat up on a tuned/exhaust CBR 600 with a heavier rider. Based on your results with SRZ on the spray and the times he and I have messed around with him on spray, it should all come down to what speed you wanna start from. I'm down for as many different runs and speeds as possible just to see the strong points for each of us, but I'll make a few predictions (assuming you can hook from these speeds):

20ish: You'll jump out a bit because I'll be well below my powerband, then as soon as I hit 10,000 I'll come back on you and probably end up right next to you up to about 125 where you'll completely stop my creeping and start to come back or pull away (depending on if I was able to get past you, which I doubt I will). Anywhere past 125 and you'll pull away.

40-50ish: Perfect spot for me in first so I'll jump out a couple bike lengths and maybe creep up to triple digits. Around 125 you'll stop my pull and if we go past 130 you'll start coming back pretty good.

60-70ish: I'll be in second and we'll leave pretty much dead even and stay there up into triple digits. By 115-120 I bet you'll be pullin away because I won't have had that extra mph advantage I have from down low.

I definitely can't wait to give it a shot, though. That Mach 1 is nasty and once you crank up the boost I probably won't have anything for you except for maybe from a 40-50 roll up to about 100.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 07-20-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Ok....I am kinda confused how much power is the Mach making? I know it has some belt slip issues though. Yes The camaro with a 150 will be very strong.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:18 PM

The Mach 1 was making right around 620 for these races. BlwnMach1 can give specific numbers, but it's in that general range. I'm sure belt slip played a part due to the current 6 srib setup, but the long gears and lack of a sticky tire didn't help it either. It's fast already and is only going to get faster as it's dialed in!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good runs, looks fun as hell......z06 sounded purty good stock
Old 07-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Hey dude, I hear you're up for running the bike? I'm down pretty much any time I'm free. SRZ says you beat up on a tuned/exhaust CBR 600 with a heavier rider. Based on your results with SRZ on the spray and the times he and I have messed around with him on spray, it should all come down to what speed you wanna start from. I'm down for as many different runs and speeds as possible just to see the strong points for each of us, but I'll make a few predictions (assuming you can hook from these speeds):

I definitely can't wait to give it a shot, though. That Mach 1 is nasty and once you crank up the boost I probably won't have anything for you except for maybe from a 40-50 roll up to about 100.
Thanks man, yeah I was curious to see how the race would go. I race an 08 R6 with intake, headers, power commander etc. The rider weighs around 240 but he can ride, we went 3 times from 50mph-110mph or so 60mph-130mph and 70mph-135mph, at the speeds you mentioned it went almost exactly as you said. At 50 he would jump out immediatley but by the top of third I would stop the pull and pass him around 100mph everytime. Every race from 65-70mph it would be an even hit and I would pull, I think the last race up to 135-140mph I put on at least 4 to 5 cars. I ran a stock 07 cbr600 with similar results so I am just curious to see how I would do. So much of racing bikes is the rider.

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Ok....I am kinda confused how much power is the Mach making? I know it has some belt slip issues though. Yes The camaro with a 150 will be very strong.
The Mach 1 is making 619whp at 12 psi as it sits right now, the main problem has been the 6rib belt. I have been through 2 belts already within 400 miles and the alignment is dead on. I cant go any lower, I am on the biggest pulley. The belt slip only adds to the frustration, alot of the tuning was limited by the belts and fuel system. When I had a 3.7 pulley on the car ( mind you I believe it was around 17psi, it was making over 600whp at 4800rpm, with another 3 pulleys left. The car will easily make 700whp-750whp once I get the fuel system finished.

Being the first F1-D on a Mach1 its kinda been a plug and play process, Im hoping to fix the belt issue by the end of the month so I can see what the car will really do. I kept the 3.55 stock gears to see how the car would be with the torque from the F1-D but with the 2.97 viper spec t56, the long gears gotta go lol. I know alot of similar Mach1s run 4.10s so I will be swapping 4.10 when the eaton diff goes in. As far as traction, I just need to put on a pair of slicks or d/rs.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice runs SRZ! Woulda have liked to seen video of you puttin a beatin on the new z06! damn electronics never work when ya need em!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
The Mach 1 was making right around 620 for these races. BlwnMach1 can give specific numbers, but it's in that general range. I'm sure belt slip played a part due to the current 6 srib setup, but the long gears and lack of a sticky tire didn't help it either. It's fast already and is only going to get faster as it's dialed in!
Ok so u were on spray then...right?
Old 07-20-2010, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by NXPRSS
Nice runs SRZ! Woulda have liked to seen video of you puttin a beatin on the new z06! damn electronics never work when ya need em!
Haha, I wouldn't call it a beating. I just kind of edged away, taking the win by about 3/4 of a car. Excellent race!

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Ok so u were on spray then...right?
Yeah, I was definitely spraying against the Mach 1 both runs. I also sprayed the Z06 the second and third races. Only the first race against the Z06 was on motor, where he runs away from me like I hit the brakes and missed a shift at the same time

Next time we go out I'm gonna get some pictures of the cars too. That Mach 1 looks badass with those FR500 wheels!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Launching!

the c6z06 is simply a monster...running even witha 520 rwhp fbody in a stock Z06..No prob..How about a 600 rwhp mach1....Sure no prob

The Z'snever stop to amaze..Reputation well deserved
Old 07-20-2010, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Are you still running the tremec 3650 or do you have a t56? Thats exactly whats going into my car in a week or two along with the new belt setup, eaton diff, 31 spline axles, bearing kit etc, how do you like the 4.10s?

I had gone back and forth with the idea of putting them in but with the 2.97 t56 my gears are just way to long with a centrifugal blower, I see a lot of guys even running 700whp+ using the 4.10s with the same combo.
I have a 3200 stalled Built 4R70W. I loved the 4.10's N/A but it is ok right now with the stock block. I have a mild tune and I have the boost right around 10lbs. I have a built shortblock in my garage ready to go in this winter and then the 8-rib is going on and the boost is going up in the 20lb area. I am going through the traps at 7000 now I will be in the 7400 area with the 4.10's so I am going back to 3.55's. You will love those 4.10 with that T56 trans.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks man, yeah I was curious to see how the race would go. I race an 08 R6 with intake, headers, power commander etc. The rider weighs around 240 but he can ride, we went 3 times from 50mph-110mph or so 60mph-130mph and 70mph-135mph, at the speeds you mentioned it went almost exactly as you said. At 50 he would jump out immediatley but by the top of third I would stop the pull and pass him around 100mph everytime. Every race from 65-70mph it would be an even hit and I would pull, I think the last race up to 135-140mph I put on at least 4 to 5 cars. I ran a stock 07 cbr600 with similar results so I am just curious to see how I would do. So much of racing bikes is the rider.
Sounds like you've had some good runs already, and you're right that rider is definitely the biggest factor with bikes. On top of the weight, shifting at the right RPM, and obviously starting in the right gear, you wouldn't believe how much of a difference powershifting makes on these things. That's what I love about my 600 and being at the weight I'm at: I can just punch it WOT and powershift any gear without needing to feather it like I would with a 750 or 1000. It makes a huge difference and feels completely different than speed shifting (assuming it goes into gear and doesn't nail neutral, which happens sometimes on these things when you powershift 1-2).

I'm good for some runs anytime. I weigh in at about 170 with full gear on (helmet, jacket, gloves, etc - I actually weigh 153 pounds) so I'm guessing it will be a different race than when you ran your buddy at 240 pounds, although he did have some mods. We can do all different speeds and with and without a passenger in your car. I know the passenger doesn't help you out but it would be cool to see some videos of a few races, so we can do both if you're up for it. I'm definitely excited to run a car other than SRZ's on spray that will actually be a good race. There are plenty of them around but most aren't interested in running a bike.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 07-21-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Teching In

Sounds like you've had some good runs already, and you're right that rider is definitely the biggest factor with bikes. On top of the weight, shifting at the right RPM, and obviously starting in the right gear, you wouldn't believe how much of a difference powershifting makes on these things. That's what I love about my 600 and being at the weight I'm at: I can just punch it WOT and powershift any gear without needing to feather it like I would with a 750 or 1000. It makes a huge difference and feels completely different than speed shifting (assuming it goes into gear and doesn't nail neutral, which happens sometimes on these things when you powershift 1-2).

I'm good for some runs anytime. I weigh in at about 170 with full gear on (helmet, jacket, gloves, etc - I actually weigh 153 pounds) so I'm guessing it will be a different race than when you ran your buddy at 240 pounds, although he did have some mods. We can do all different speeds and with and without a passenger in your car. I know the passenger doesn't help you out but it would be cool to see some videos of a few races, so we can do both if you're up for it. I'm definitely excited to run a car other than SRZ's on spray that will actually be a good race. There are plenty of them around but most aren't interested in running a bike.
Sound good to me man, I should be good to run next weekend, ( this weekend isnt looking to great weather wise ). My tensioner came in today, so before I started the 8rib conversion I wanted to get the car dynoed car to see the difference in the 6rib and 8rib, I know many people have said the boost comes on 300-700rpm quicker and hits harder up top. After the first pull the car made 553whp, lost 65-70 horsepower and 4 to 5 pounds of boost from the intial 619whp, and the dyno graph looked like an EKG from an ER . Really goes to show you how much of an necessity the 8rib is at certain power levels.

Now more than anything I am curious at what point the 6rib started failing. I definately didnt have a chance to watch my boost gauge at 140mph during our races, but it makes me wonder if this has not been an ongoing problem. After shredding 2 belts already in 400miles its most certainly leading in that direction.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:20 AM
TECH Addict

Sound good to me man, I should be good to run next weekend, ( this weekend isnt looking to great weather wise ). My tensioner came in today, so before I started the 8rib conversion I wanted to get the car dynoed car to see the difference in the 6rib and 8rib, I know many people have said the boost comes on 300-700rpm quicker and hits harder up top. After the first pull the car made 553whp, lost 65-70 horsepower and 4 to 5 pounds of boost from the intial 619whp, and the dyno graph looked like an EKG from an ER . Really goes to show you how much of an necessity the 8rib is at certain power levels.

Now more than anything I am curious at what point the 6rib started failing. I definately didnt have a chance to watch my boost gauge at 140mph during our races, but it makes me wonder if this has not been an ongoing problem. After shredding 2 belts already in 400miles its most certainly leading in that direction.
You comin out tonight? Todd, SRZ, and a few of us are gonna be out because the weather is supposed to be perfect with 0% chance of rain. I'll be there on the bike.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:45 AM
Teching In

You comin out tonight? Todd, SRZ, and a few of us are gonna be out because the weather is supposed to be perfect with 0% chance of rain. I'll be there on the bike.
Im heading up tonight, I will see you there
Old 07-22-2010, 09:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

good runs!!!!!!