Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Beat a 350Z & a 05/06 GTO?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010 | 10:05 PM
TECH Resident

Default Beat a 350Z & a 05/06 GTO?

Ok so last night i went searching for some decent races in my neiborhood, well after about 5 min of driving i ran into a 05/06 GTO..atleast i am assuming it was because on the side it said6.0 and the hood had the little scoops,and the rear bumper had the extra piece that says GTO..oh yeah it was dual exhaust and sounded pretty decent,it was louder then my car..any ways the first try i tryed to pull up next to him to set it up,right when i pulled up to his rear bumper he took off...so right there i knew he wanted to race..well we drove a block and hit a red light right then and there i knew its on..well when it hit green i punched it and he did too, we both took off good well once we hit 50 mph or so i started pulling hard on him and i can still hear him seeing how his car was louder,anyways we got to about 90 and i had about 2 cars on him...after we stopped i slowed down to give a thumbs up, and he did not want to look at me so i was like what ever... anyways my question is should i have beat him like that? the air was super cool and my car was not hot so? my car runs so good here in ca.. oh yeah he could also have been an 04 with an 05/06 body kit and badges... Later on that night i ran into a 350Z ..i saw him trying to race a mustang GT so i pulled up behind them both and waited till one of them let me threw..well the GT turned so i pulled next to the Z and i kept looking at him and nodding..finally we hit a clear street and we slowed down to about 30.oh he was stick, once we hit a 30mph roll i waited for him to punch it he did i did too , right when i hit it i pulled a 1/2 car then before i knew it we hit about 95 and i was like 4 or 5 cars ahead..so i just let off and stopped he pulled next to me and gave a thumbs up and asked what year..he was more cooler then mr GTO...weird...seeing how i dont like 350Z s ..well it was a great night..thank for reading
Old 08-01-2010 | 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kills OP I definitely see they GTO outcome as possible from my exp. the IRS on them make them a pain to launch especially on then skinny tires they get stock.
Old 08-02-2010 | 08:50 PM
TECH Resident

Default ...

Thanks bro...