Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Whooped a 2000rwhp Viper!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kev98Ta
Forget the 2500 stall. Anyone on this board who ever had one regretted it big time, from what ive read. You'd want at least a 3200-3500
sub-2800 stalls suck ***. I'm runnin a B&M 2400 Holeshit and it sucks. It's really just there to replace the stock one, not to help launches much. If you want to keep the car streetable, go for 3000 or 3200. For more of a racecar, a 3600-4000.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
Well, Like I said, if you have a problem with people with LS1's or people from texas, direct all your questions to me, because im local and i can help you figure **** out. one way or another. Other wise keep your mouth shut about **** unless you are prepaired to back it up. There isnt anything that pisses me off more than a "man" that hides behind his ******* computer...........
Well i have a LS1 and i have a good friend from texas. Like i said before its all for ***** and giggles, and i'm not hiding behind my computer, i'm really not worried about somebody coming and whipping my *** but as i said before no way in hell am i gonna **** with anybody from the military just out of the respect i have for them and what they do and because they're dangerous. But if you wanna race i'm up for it. Oh i'm from danville if you know where that's at. If you head down BG parkway to the springfield exit you can here fast that way.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah man, chris seems tight as hell. also though, tons of write ups. TCs are nothing tough at all. and a cam is just as easy, as long as you do not rush it. make sure everything is greased and tightened down to specs. nothing hard, just need to be careful. have done both quite a few times. and you also get to say YOU DID IT YOURSELF!!!!
Old 01-21-2004, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBronco
yeah man, chris seems tight as hell. also though, tons of write ups. TCs are nothing tough at all. and a cam is just as easy, as long as you do not rush it. make sure everything is greased and tightened down to specs. nothing hard, just need to be careful. have done both quite a few times. and you also get to say YOU DID IT YOURSELF!!!!
...and you don't have to get raped by a mechanic for labour fees.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah i would like to do the cam myself because it'd give me experience, but i can get a mad installation deal on the stall because my parents know a guy who owns a transmission shop.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Super Mario
...and you don't have to get raped by a mechanic for labour fees.
I've got a buddy with a 99 Camaro Ls1 A4, even the same color as my T/A. But back to the story he went to a local shop to see how much it'd cost to get some headers installed and it was gonna be $250. That's just awful, you could almost buy another set of pacesetters for that.
TECH Senior Member

that will work! trust me, i love saying that i did this **** myself. it helps prep you for future projects and you learn so much from doing **** yourself, or even watching, it is incredible. I started watchin people work on cars from 9 to 11, then i started turning wrenches when i was 12, by starting my first build up, a 72 for bronco.
TECH Resident

I have enough faith to do the easy bolt on crap myself. But messin with the internals scares me. Im not too educated in that feild.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kev98Ta
I have enough faith to do the easy bolt on crap myself. But messin with the internals scares me. Im not too educated in that feild.
Yeah that's how i am. These cars are really fragile and parts are really expensive.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

prolly cause header install IS A BITCH, hell it was hard as **** on my bronco, but in stalled my headers when i dropped the motor in, just like this. . . .

that was the day i finished putting my motor together, and checkin all the bolts and what not.
Attached Thumbnails Whooped a 2000rwhp Viper!-dsc00327.jpg   Whooped a 2000rwhp Viper!-dsc00329.jpg  
Old 01-21-2004, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh chris, how long have you been in kentucky because your car looks kinda fimiliar. I saw one in Cambelsville that looked a lot like yours.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

just remember, if you took it off, you can put it back together. it is scary, but just start with little things to build your confidence, and then work up. when i did my first motor build, i was so afraid after i dropped it in the car when i would turn the key, a huge fireball would blow up, or some crazy ****!
Old 01-21-2004, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by git_sum
I've got a buddy with a 99 Camaro Ls1 A4, even the same color as my T/A. But back to the story he went to a local shop to see how much it'd cost to get some headers installed and it was gonna be $250. That's just awful, you could almost buy another set of pacesetters for that.
well, if you are just taking ****, whatever....

but if you want to hang out with some LS1 car guys near you, come to our site..www.kyfbodies.org.......just dont bring the **** talking with you, there is a lot of good guys near you with alot of killer cars.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

The worst part is my dad was a mechanic for about 15 years. He hates helping me work on my car. Says its too complicated for him. Oh well...
Old 01-21-2004, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

prolly cause header install IS A BITCH, hell it was hard as **** on my bronco, but in stalled my headers when i dropped the motor in, just like this. . . .

that was the day i finished putting my motor together, and checkin all the bolts and what not.
What kind of engine is that because i'm not real intune with fords. 302 or a 351?
Old 01-21-2004, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrismcdaniel
well, if you are just taking ****, whatever....

but if you want to hang out with some LS1 car guys near you, come to our site..www.kyfbodies.org.......just dont bring the **** talking with you, there is a lot of good guys near you with alot of killer cars.
Yeah there is a few bad *** cars around where i live, but most of them are either stockers like mine or damn close. But yeah we'll run'em, i am kinda curious as to waht you've got in that thing. I wouldn't want to waste my time or yours.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

302, i know it is small, but huge after market. right now, im looking for new heads, and bigger shot. im glad you like the pics. i have more of the tear down i did in my garage. If you have aim ill send them too you through that!!
Old 01-21-2004, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

mines almost bone *** stock. almost
Old 01-21-2004, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

im actulay about to do what you are are talking about and would have posted that earlier, but.............

i just bought a tr 231 cam kit

tci 3500 stall, trans go shift kit, and B&m tranny cooler
Old 01-21-2004, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

sounds like you two have a bad *** race right now, almost two stock F-bods.