Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

06 gto vs challenger srt8

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010 | 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

Thanx for the first hand clarification. I know i have seen quite a few 11 second SRTs of various models, i dont sleep on them by any means,they look awesome, just would never own one, wrong brand and not my style, but ****, guess i was alittle off to judge about the highway races! I just was thinkin of how in bolt-on form id edged out 1 or 2 SRTs and how it took me awhile before i was able to start walkin away from stock C5s on the highway. They must be animals up top, remeber my wifes 08 TBSS, that thing pulled like a frieght train on the highway and i know that the SRT Jeep was said to beat them pretty easily, never got to find out though.

[QUOTE=TonyGXP;13724390]i took a stock SRT Challenger down the track on a mag rental (i was there testing a 20" Nitto DR for Super Chevy). Cold never having driven ANY challenger before, letting it shift on it's own and it went 12.8 @109. another guy gets in it and runs the exact same but a slightly lower mph (by like .5 or so). This was on a 1200' DA day with the baro and the air dropping quickly. I wouldn't call them slow stock, definately enough to take on a stock C5 out unless driven by "Ranger" lol. At least at that track, on that day, with that Challenger (before i get ball-peened) [/QUOTE

Quick Reply: 06 gto vs challenger srt8