Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Procharged Trans Am vs modded 2010 BMW M3

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AznMuscle
After driving my dads new 335i around, I really want a e92 I think (5.0 right?) M3. Something nice about a quick, quiet, comfy car.
Now Im not saying I wouldn't rock that M3 but I wouldn't trade my car for it. j
Old 08-04-2010, 07:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After driving my dads new 335i around, I really want a e92 I think (5.0 right?) M3. Something nice about a quick, quiet, comfy car.
They can be nice sleepers. Mine is really quiet and low key. It's easy crank out 400whp on those cars with just a tune and some bolt-ons. Even more with meth and single turbo conversions are on the horizon. Just do your research first as there are now two engines out for the 335i.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:19 PM
yfz
Teching In

I've seen more girls get mad about racing then putting out because of racing.

Like the time I took grammy's trans am to prom back in high school. Slid that thing through an intersection and my date about lost it.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EDIT: sorry fellas, crown royal induced rant below.

Originally Posted by SlowFRC
Lol at posts like these. Do you honestly think his girl thought "I'm not going to put out tonight because he lost a street race?" I highly doubt it, she more than likely thought "oh well he's just some guy in a 10 year old fbody and i'm in an m3, I still win." Not trying to be an *** to the OP because it is a good kill but I doubt the girl really cared.
You know very little about females don't you? The majority of the ones that go after or end up with guys driving cars like a new M3 are there mostly because the guys is seen by there materialistic brains as a "winner". When this socially recognized "winner" who is "better" than every guy less money'd then him is beat by a guy in a old LS1 Fbody?

Most girls get pissed because there choice in boyfriends isn't macho and dominent alpha male enough to have a car that can beat down any other. They HATE the idea that they made the wrong choice in mates. Especially if that choice was made based mostly upon status and wealth versus personality and charisma.

Trust me, as a guy who knows the female phsyc better than 99% of the public (yes, I can talk the panties off girls that dont put out normally- on the first date usually) I can tell you exactly how the materialistic mindsets of the shallow bitches is thinking.

Originally Posted by yfz

Like the time I took grammy's trans am to prom back in high school. Slid that thing through an intersection and my date about lost it.

Chicks prefer to you have the power, but to keep it in check. Normal females share alot with Porsche owners: they want to know the power is there, but never want to see it in use unless the conditions are perfect and there emotional roller coaster moods are lined up like the proverbial eclipse of the sun.

Remember: 75% of females are inexoriably drawn to horses when they hit the hormone induced teen years. Why? Phsycologists universally agree it's because of built in gene inside females that kicks in when they hit the child bearing age. It creates the desire to control, tend for, and love an object that is so much more powerfull then themselves.

It's meant to get them used to cohabitation with a hard to control, powerful male spouse but in it's pure state when it kicks in initially most girls interpret it into a desire to own, care for, groom, and ride horses.

^^ Get the link? They are never happy when the horse does something that they initially cannot control due to its great strength. But they know that with the proper pressure and actions they can regain control of the beast through political means. And they are generally right. Only chance you guys got is to be the untameable one.

Every girl dreams of taming the Black Stallion (remember the book and movies? HUGE with teen girls who loved the idea of saving or controlling the uncontrollable). NONE ever dream of owning the donkey that does everything thats asked of it. None but the damaged ones whose dreams have been crushed by something or another already- we men refer to them as *****, strippers, and bull dikes depending upon what direction they take with it.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by yfz

You took your grammy to the prom?!

Old 08-04-2010, 08:21 PM
yfz
Teching In

Originally Posted by sticks n stones
edit: Sorry fellas, crown royal induced rant below.

you know very little about females don't you? The majority of the ones that go after or end up with guys driving cars like a new m3 are there mostly because the guys is seen by there materialistic brains as a "winner". When this socially recognized "winner" who is "better" than every guy less money'd then him is beat by a guy in a old ls1 fbody?

Most girls get pissed because there choice in boyfriends isn't macho and dominent alpha male enough to have a car that can beat down any other. They hate the idea that they made the wrong choice in mates. Especially if that choice was made based mostly upon status and wealth versus personality and charisma.

Trust me, as a guy who knows the female phsyc better than 99% of the public (yes, i can talk the panties off girls that dont put out normally- on the first date usually) i can tell you exactly how the materialistic mindsets of the shallow bitches is thinking.

Chicks prefer to you have the power, but to keep it in check. Normal females share alot with porsche owners: They want to know the power is there, but never want to see it in use unless the conditions are perfect and there emotional roller coaster moods are lined up like the proverbial eclipse of the sun.

Remember: 75% of females are inexoriably drawn to horses when they hit the hormone induced teen years. Why? Phsycologists universally agree it's because of built in gene inside females that kicks in when they hit the child bearing age. It creates the desire to control, tend for, and love an object that is so much more powerfull then themselves.

It's meant to get them used to cohabitation with a hard to control, powerful male spouse but in it's pure state when it kicks in initially most girls interpret it into a desire to own, care for, groom, and ride horses.

^^ get the link? They are never happy when the horse does something that they initially cannot control due to its great strength. But they know that with the proper pressure and actions they can regain control of the beast through political means. And they are generally right. Only chance you guys got is to be the untameable one.

Every girl dreams of taming the black stallion (remember the book and movies? Huge with teen girls who loved the idea of saving or controlling the uncontrollable). None ever dream of owning the donkey that does everything thats asked of it. None but the damaged ones whose dreams have been crushed by something or another already- we men refer to them as *****, strippers, and bull dikes depending upon what direction they take with it.
Good write up!
Old 08-04-2010, 08:23 PM
yfz
Teching In

Originally Posted by k0bun
You took your grammy to the prom?!

Haha. The only thing grandma would tell me before she would let me drive her car was. Tires cost money.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Trust me, as a guy who knows the female phsyc better than 99% of the public (yes, I can talk the panties off girls that dont put out normally- on the first date usually) I can tell you exactly how the materialistic mindsets of the shallow bitches is thinking.

Jaded much? Keep at it Don Juan, teach us all the ways of the woman.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stngtamr29
Now Im not saying I wouldn't rock that M3 but I wouldn't trade my car for it. j
Same. I wont get rid of my car for any bmw. But if funds allowed for a nice DD...damn straight.

Originally Posted by willizm
They can be nice sleepers. Mine is really quiet and low key. It's easy crank out 400whp on those cars with just a tune and some bolt-ons. Even more with meth and single turbo conversions are on the horizon. Just do your research first as there are now two engines out for the 335i.
My dad's still has warranty, 07, and well to keep warranty...Dinnan is the only option I believe. ****.That. Their prices are stupid.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Quit playing around with 8psi and let the D1 do work.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My dad's still has warranty, 07, and well to keep warranty...Dinnan is the only option I believe. ****.That. Their prices are stupid.
Mine is an 09 and don't have to worry about voiding the warrenty. Get a JB3 and a BT cable. If you need warrenty work then just remove the piggyback and use the bt cable to clear any shadow codes. The Dinan is overpriced and underperforms compared to other tunes.

The funny thing is the seats in the T/A are more comfortable then the bimmer. Go figure, luxury my ***.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
You know very little about females don't you? The majority of the ones that go after or end up with guys driving cars like a new M3 are there mostly because the guys is seen by there materialistic brains as a "winner". When this socially recognized "winner" who is "better" than every guy less money'd then him is beat by a guy in a old LS1 Fbody?

Most girls get pissed because there choice in boyfriends isn't macho and dominent alpha male enough to have a car that can beat down any other. They HATE the idea that they made the wrong choice in mates. Especially if that choice was made based mostly upon status and wealth versus personality and charisma.

Calm down there killer. I'm not going to waste my time getting in an internet pissing match with you about who knows more about girls, if you think turning girls in to first date ***** is good then good for you. My comment was directed towards that specific female in that car, and more generally towards any female who is with a guy in an expensive decently quick car that loses to a heavily modded less expensive car.

Let's say you're right and she wanted a "winner" who do you think is really winning in her mind? The guy who does a 1/4 1.5 seconds faster but is in an overall lower quality car (in most female's minds) or the guy who takes those extra 1.5 seconds to get up to speed but does it in a car that is exponentially better (again, in most female's minds)? If you asked most car people what makes a car "good" they'd say a number of things like, high quality sound system, high quality seats/interior, lots of electronic gadgets, easy to drive (aka quiet, not annoying), fast, etc. When compared to an e92 m3 the t/a only wins in one of those catagories therefor being an inferior car, this doesn't phase the person/woman in the m3 and life goes on as usual.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Sticks n Stones said his rant was Crown Royal induced so I didn't even waste my time coming up with a response.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Teching In

First of all nice kill! I never understood the whole I drive a BMW I'm better than you thing... just sounds like a whole lot of insecurity.

In my experience girls don't like racing at all...

and if they do they usually do pick the faster car to go ride in.

If they're not into racing they're just going to pick whatever they believe is the nicer car. Sure you just killed the jerk in the M3 but in her materialistic thinking she's picking a BMW over a GM product... the fancy European sports... luxury, er-sedan... well whatever the M3 is over some random dude in a fast car.

But hey whenever I'm in a situation like that all I ever hear is "NO" accompanied with punches.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrDavid
Quit playing around with 8psi and let the D1 do work.
I will with the motor Ive got going together but this one has stock heads and a stock bottom end with 127k on it so I dont want to push it to much I might go to 10 but after that Im asking for something to break. j
Old 08-05-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, the 2000 models didn't have the best rod bolts or heads so 8lbs might be enough for you for now. Whenever you get to 12 and up, its gonna get fun
Old 08-05-2010, 07:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrDavid
Well, the 2000 models didn't have the best rod bolts or heads so 8lbs might be enough for you for now. Whenever you get to 12 and up, its gonna get fun
I know I cant wait till my other motor is done Im building about the same thing you have Im wanting to keep the cubes down and the boost up. Im thinking about using the RHS heads on it I think they make a pretty good head. j
Old 08-05-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

LMAO at stick and stone post....
Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What are some specs on these RHS heads? You've struck my curiosity.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by stngtamr29
I will with the motor Ive got going together but this one has stock heads and a stock bottom end with 127k on it so I dont want to push it to much I might go to 10 but after that Im asking for something to break. j
Hurry and finish the other motor so you can bury the needle on this one and really enjoy the carnage!