Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

370z vs GTO vs Regal vs Genesis

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedRides
I've got to post in here because for the last two nights, I've had run ins on my way to work. Same place, same pace. I work 3rd shift and have to cross a 4 lane bridge every night before I make it to the job. Sunday night I ran into a Regal GS and pulled about 2 cars from 20-80. Monday night I pulled a 370Z much much worse from a similar roll.

I've got no clue what's done to either but I'll probably find the GS lurking somewhere as I see it from time to time. It definitely faired better than the Z which surprised me. The fucked up thing is that I can't give my car more than around 80% from a roll or the Check Engine light will flash shift solinoid codes and acceleration will cease to be. From a dig it just pegs the limiter. (no tune after Yank 3500)

It's been awhile since I've had some action around here so it's nice to rack a couple up. I haven't been to the track since my gears and stall, but I'd expect mid 12s on street tires and bottom bottom 12s on radials with a decent hook. Maybe 11.9999999999s at Atco with mineshaft air, a tailwind and a miracle.
What do you expect from the Z? Z06 fast?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr370z
What do you expect from the Z? Z06 fast?
Wouldn't that be a bargain? I guess it's that I haven't really run into a solid mid to low 13 second car since the addition of my stall and gears and didn't expect to just yank the damn thing. I figured it would fare better than the buick and didn't. Then again, you never know how well it was driven.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Most people will read what I'm about to say as an excuse but here goes. First anything can happen on the street. A car winning a race it never should have in the first place isn't all that uncommon. I'm not saying you shouldn't have won but you never know what the deal is with the driver. From what I've seen (very frequent flier with the 370z forum) most people getting into the Z have come from little commuters and 4 door FWD daily drivers to something they've never driven before - a RWD sports car.

But then again you never know who's driving. Could have been an A/T that just threw it in D and floored it. Maybe he was also manual shifting (paddles or otherwise) or perhaps it was an M/T and the guy just couldn't shift. Maybe he COULD drive really well and the Regal GS was a strong running car and your car is a very strong running car. The Z also could have been stock. All I'm saying is a million variables come into play and I think too often a few kill stories automatically generalize an entire generation of a vehicle.

And if every Z loses every single race ever on this website I could care less because you guys have some freakin' fast rides.

EDIT: If the 370z was as fast as a z06, even a c5z06, I'd never even contemplate selling it. Unfortunately, it's not.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:15 AM

Sidetrack Post:

What happened to that guy who claimed like 600+ rwhp from his Z and then got caught out and had to admit that it was really stock?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Teching In

Haha I think I remember that. Wasn't it some guy with a350z claiming he made like 650rwhp twin turbo setup and in reality he hadn't even gotten the car because he was stationed in like Japan or something?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha I think I remember that. Wasn't it some guy with a350z claiming he made like 650rwhp twin turbo setup and in reality he hadn't even gotten the car because he was stationed in like Japan or something?
LOLOL!! I forgot about that thread.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:20 PM

I think he did really have the car, but Lemons or stopsign or someone found him on another site where he was all stock and had a wish list of mods that matched what he claimed to have on here. Something like that. It was classic, lol.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

Haha i remember that fully built twin turbo 350z thread.

When he got called on it he tried to play it off all sly lol it was entertaining.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Haven't had a good laugh in a while until that thread... yeah he tried to talk his way out but the hole kept getting bigger
Old 08-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Haven't had a good laugh in a while until that thread... yeah he tried to talk his way out but the hole kept getting bigger
Link?

Quick Reply: 370z vs GTO vs Regal vs Genesis