Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Fat kid on 2001 R6 Champion edition

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you think for two seconds you beat a newer 600cc bike in your stock car you need a serious reality check.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kilgothephenom
You are a retard. Did you read the description in that video? That z06 makes 500+whp. Its probably stroked to bigger cubes plus heads/cam/intake, etc. Plus it has better gearing, better aerodynamics and is lighter than a Camaro. THAT video is believable. They started at 80ish miles a hour, which is a copout race so that a car can have a chance against the bike. Everyone knows bikes tend to lose their advantage above 100ish miles a hour because aerodynamics come into play, but they still pull HARD for cars to hang with. Then in that video, he only pulled a carlength and damn near buried his tach. You are nowhere near as fast as that Z06 in the video.

I have owned 7 bikes in my life and have ridden at the track and 1/4 miles weekly. I can ride very well for the average street rider. Any bike you ever raced and beat probably started in 4th on the highway. If youre going to post vids for proof, at least know what youre talking about regarding your "evidence."
ok so this kid is fat and heavy. an 01 r6 makes what 95 rwhp? much less than an 07 600 which is probably around 110-115. do you agree that 20 RWHP on a 600 is considerable? So he starts in the wrong gear and loses. why am I a retard?
Old 08-13-2010, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by beatmeofficer
if you think for two seconds you beat a newer 600cc bike in your stock car you need a serious reality check.
does 01 sound new to you? do you know how much progress the 600s have made since then? before you talk ****
Old 08-13-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe him...I beat a hayabusa in grandmothers honda
Old 08-13-2010, 02:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If that kid's bike had a rider who had a clue it would have walked all over you. No sense claiming you beat the bike in your bolt on car when obviously the rider was a tard.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Default funny stuff

lol funny stuff
Old 08-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Teching In

The dude on the R6 was probably 1/2 throttle or in a high gear and never downshifted the entire time and you gunned it trying to hang. I think those bikes do 11s stock but i could be wrong. Headers won't make you come close to that lol.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Talking

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
If that kid's bike had a rider who had a clue it would have walked all over you. No sense claiming you beat the bike in your bolt on car when obviously the rider was a tard.
So my 111 mph SS beats a 01 r6 fat tard. Happy now? I still am !!!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:23 PM
***Repost Police***

Half the calls you got were because you initially put "R1" in the thread title.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Sorry NastyC4, but there is something not right here; he didnt know how to drive for sure.

Last year I raced a group of bikes on the freeway; there was 2 bikes beside me. Cant tell what they where but I'm leaning towards a 600 and a 750/1000. I got the hit beside the 600 and we were around 50 mph. The 750/1000 was behind me 3-5cars. The 600 was slowly pulling me doing a wheelie (so he was playing a bit with me) and when we were around 120mph the other bike(the 750 or 1000) past me like I was going reverse. He was crouched and going freaking fast. Oh, and I was was on the juice, full psi, over 520rwhp, 3plp in the car though...still would not be fast enough alone in the car for a great driven recent 600cc.

So whatever you came accross was a lame driver. I dont doubt your story, just that any 01' 600cc bike will absolutly rape any stockish fbody from any speed if the driver can drive.

Anything can happen on the street; I beat a 07' ish 600cc one day from a high speed roll N/A, but I bet he started a least a gear too high or it was a girl!!

You should search for recent PSM and screamin Z post; youll see how fast a properly driven 600cc is...link;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl6als3AQ50
Old 08-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Teching In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpjG2jW5Y04

My cobra vs 750gsxr 50 - 125

the bike had exhaust is all I know

Yeah nasty I have a hard time believing it too unless he just blows at riding and your car must be on a extreme diet.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

My only bike win:

Off the line, a bike can baby it and still be across the intersection before the car even gets proper weight transfer to the rear tires.

From a roll, I beat my friend twice from about a 40-120mph roll.
He is about 220lbs, but he also had his little gf on the back (95lbs), and he had a 2006 600 katana.
The kicker is I had 4 people in my car (about 570 lbs). At the time my car was basically stock.
My weight estimates might be off by A LITTLE, but true facts.

we were all shocked.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99firehawk
My only bike win:

Off the line, a bike can baby it and still be across the intersection before the car even gets proper weight transfer to the rear tires.

From a roll, I beat my friend twice from about a 40-120mph roll.
He is about 220lbs, but he also had his little gf on the back (95lbs), and he had a 2006 600 katana.
The kicker is I had 4 people in my car (about 570 lbs). At the time my car was basically stock.
My weight estimates might be off by A LITTLE, but true facts.

we were all shocked.
katanas are heavy bro
Old 08-13-2010, 07:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Lsx
katanas are heavy bro
...and make a fraction of the power of a true supersport. They are great sport tourers/communters though, and are classified as such.

They are about 100lbs heavier, air cooled, and make much less power then their sportbike counterparts.

The engines just happen to be the same size as a supersport, which causes a lot of confusion. They are not even in the same league as a GSXR-600, ZX-6r, CBR 600, or R6.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kilgothephenom
You are a retard. Did you read the description in that video? That z06 makes 500+whp. Its probably stroked to bigger cubes plus heads/cam/intake, etc. Plus it has better gearing, better aerodynamics and is lighter than a Camaro. THAT video is believable. They started at 80ish miles a hour, which is a copout race so that a car can have a chance against the bike. Everyone knows bikes tend to lose their advantage above 100ish miles a hour because aerodynamics come into play, but they still pull HARD for cars to hang with. Then in that video, he only pulled a carlength and damn near buried his tach. You are nowhere near as fast as that Z06 in the video.

I have owned 7 bikes in my life and have ridden at the track and 1/4 miles weekly. I can ride very well for the average street rider. Any bike you ever raced and beat probably started in 4th on the highway. If youre going to post vids for proof, at least know what youre talking about regarding your "evidence."

Glad someone else said it, Im tired of being the dick to people on the Bike Vs Car issue...they just don't get it I had a High End Euro Sports car think they could out run me on the highway a couple of weeks back. I stayed right on his *** the entire time, whipped out and passed him like he was standing still at 135mph. I was mainly following him because I was going to let the cops nail him. I was traveling between my home town and my current residence which is 150 miles.

^^^^^ I was on my bike and it wasnt a Ferrari or anything like that...probably about a 65k car..never did get a good look at it seeing as it was dusk and I have a tinted visor

Last edited by ninjai_ruken; 08-13-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Inb4PSM

I call BS too.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:27 AM
Staging Lane

Just so we dont get this skewed: we are not saying you didnt beat this guy. Just that you beat the rider and not the bike. Could also be that the riders heart wasnt in it and he didnt really care one way or another- could have easily just been hanging back to hear your car. << Most riders I know don't even consider racing a car even in the realm of possibility.

They just "spectate" the car hauling *** and it never occurs to them that the car driver actually thinks they are racing. Literally never occurs to most riders they are perpetuating the myth that bikes are not THAT fast and are within the realm of beatable by most lightly modded street cars.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Just so we dont get this skewed: we are not saying you didnt beat this guy. Just that you beat the rider and not the bike. Could also be that the riders heart wasnt in it and he didnt really care one way or another- could have easily just been hanging back to hear your car. << Most riders I know don't even consider racing a car even in the realm of possibility.

They just "spectate" the car hauling *** and it never occurs to them that the car driver actually thinks they are racing. Literally never occurs to most riders they are perpetuating the myth that bikes are not THAT fast and are within the realm of beatable by most lightly modded street cars.
Yeah, when that Euro car came flying by me at 130mph I just thought. "Hey I can tail him, let him pick up the ticket. And I can get home faster. For what its worth that car did accelerate QUICK! There where a couple of times I think he tried to pull a way and he kinda caught me off guard. In which case I quickly caught up to him. But a couple of times I was on my toes and he tried to pull away and I stayed right on his ***, the last time is when I said **** it and whipped out and passed him.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by sticks n stones
just so we dont get this skewed: We are not saying you didnt beat this guy. Just that you beat the rider and not the bike. Could also be that the riders heart wasnt in it and he didnt really care one way or another- could have easily just been hanging back to hear your car. << most riders i know don't even consider racing a car even in the realm of possibility.

They just "spectate" the car hauling *** and it never occurs to them that the car driver actually thinks they are racing. Literally never occurs to most riders they are perpetuating the myth that bikes are not that fast and are within the realm of beatable by most lightly modded street cars.
^this^
Old 08-20-2010, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

I'll bet that he did walk the bike. Most 600cc riders don't get the revs into the "sweet spot" when roll racing. If you are out of the power band on the smaller bikes even by a little, the car is going to walk you at speed.

That being said, if the rider knew what he was doing, he would have walked you.

I was playing with a new SS on my 90' GSXR750 last week, and putting the hurt on it from stops and slow rolls. I thought the driver gave up when they were about 1/8 mile back, so I slowed to about 70mph and stayed there.

I looked in my mirror and saw the SS coming up on my left side for the "ricer fly-by". When they were right at my rear tire I banged down the gears down until I was at about 11 or 12K rpms and yanked full throttle. The SS was right next to me until I redlined and grabbed the next gear. I started walking and put some distance on the car until we both let out around 115 - 120.

Your SS may be faster than the new ones, but I stopped their ricer-pull and walked above 70mph. In a side-by-side start, I would have walked a lot harder at 75mph.

My GSXR750 only has about 115hp at the crank, and is a pig compared to the bikes of today. Not as aerodynamic either.

Quick Reply: Fat kid on 2001 R6 Champion edition