Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

s197 > gxp!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr370z
Nice man I love it when my words get distorted. Listen up. Both sides have their ignorance, and I'm nowhere a brand loyalist. I like anything fast... the only thing I was saying is that its funny how some domestic owners are so ignorant and talk crap about cars they've never driven. Like I said though, it happens on both sides. For instance in another thread on here someone said they don't care for "rice at any price." (Talking about a stock GTR they beat in their trans am). It made me laugh until I realized how sad that is. Not to point fingers but someone might take that as a very offensive racist comment. If an American company made the GTR the exact same way its presence would be perceived very differently on this forum.
Just saying
I hear ya and agree with you, but just want to clarify some things: Comments about wanting to support ones own economy by buying goods made in that economy is about as far off from rascist as you could get. Ironically, the Japanese happen to be some of the most rascist people in the world, who also have historically done everything in there power to keep the US big 3 out of the japanese markets so that only there own cars would be sold to there own people.

Secondly: half the GTR hatred stems from the huge media blitz that came about way before the car was ever released, then the flat out lying, subterfuge, and rigged press fleet cars that were all done to inflate the GTR's image and generate huge positive press for Nissan at all costs. They were on the ropes, almost ready to go under, with horrible quality issues (for a japanese company at least), and losing sales percentages in every market they were in. They decided to sacrifice there own company honor to boost sales and creditability for short term gain.

I lost all respect for them because of that: A Japanese business without honor and ethics is a vile thing and should be viewed and percieved as such by the public.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I certainly agree but the hatred of the GTR and sometimes import cars in general rubs off on the owner. Simply put some import guys think American cars are for uneducated, inbred rednecks and domestic guys think import cars are gutless, slow, and driven by ricers.

And on top of it all none of the acusations are correct (for the majority). I'm just tired of the strife between import and domestic...let's all just team up against the fart cans and ricers instead of hating on nice cars based on their nationality.

And yeah Nissan has done some stupid things lately...this will be my last one.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Quick question: When was the last time you read a book?
This made me lol good job sir.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
This made me lol good job sir.
Bitch lol!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

13.68 102+ stock in my GXP. On the street you can add another second or so because launching it is next to impossible without a prepped track.. just an FYI

not a bad car, the fwd thing just ruined it..