Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you guys think?

ok so my friends dad has a 79 malibu with a 383 stroker with a baby cam and the car is sitting on street tires (295's). i am in iraq and i cant test the theory until i get home but he says i dont stand a chance. i have a 02 ws6 m6 with full exhaust and a cam, before i get home i will have the fast 102 mm intake & TB, MAF, intake, bigger injectors, bigger fuel pump. i also already bought a 200 shot for the car and will set it up when i get back. i told him i will run him motor. he now says the malibu is pushing 550 to the wheels but i dont really believe it bc he has never dynoed it and this is going off what the engine builder "said"... also, every couple of weeks the amount of horsepower he says it has goes up, originally he said about 450 to the flywheel. and he hasnt done anything extra to the car.... im also running 315's and will have my M/T's by the time i get back... what do yal think? am i crazy when i tell him that i can get him on motor alone? i have seen some pretty mean 383's but idk? maybe its me, i just cant see this malibu keeping up with the firechicken... which at the moment is pushing 397 rwhp... not including the laundry list of parts i am buying on the 1st
Old 08-23-2010, 11:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Wrong section, there is bench racing in the lounge

That said, if it's a mild build with a baby cam he is likely around 330-350rwhp or under...you shouldn't have much trouble and it will get worse the higher you go, he has the low end advantage in power but will spin on 295 street tires...there is NO good 295/50/15 tire. Period.

Make your car hook half *** to rip him out of the hole and you're gold even if he has a good engine build.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i really appreciate it, yeah didnt know bout the bench racing rul in here but now i do... i appreciate it man